I need help with a magazine article.

Check your private mail....

I know you don't know what I am talking about because you are American, you can't possibly know how nuts it is to display a flag inside a country that has only two borders.

How nuts it is for a President to wear a flag pin - I am sure I know he is american and he doesn't need the bloody thing to tell me.

Or why the car dealership advertises "under the flag" to show their location.

That is disgrace to the flag and should be punished. The flag is not for commercial advertisement or to be burned either. No matter what of country.

Already wrote you back :)

I agree with you. I've never worn a flag pin, nor do I plan too. Do they really make you wear those. I'm sorry that I'm so ignorant on the issue.

As an Italian, I'd never wear an ugly flag pin. It's a style issue. :D
Anyways, I love the US, it is for many things the greatest nation in the world, for other things it's not, but I chose to live here, there must be reasons.
By the way, once I naturalize, I'll be an American citizen.
But I'll always be an Italian.

Your country is beautiful. I loved the time that I spent in Rome.

Make me?

Sh*t no - but if I see what's going on here in U of A than that's really scary.
By European standards even Democrats would be called right wing, now figure what they think about Republicans.

Most Americans have no clue about the world around them - never seen so self centered people that influence so many and have no clue what that means.

Mlangenh,

I'd share my story, but hey, I'm an european immigrant who lives in Manhattan. Not so strange here.
I'm sure within a few blocks from my apartment there are more foreigners than in the whole MO. :D

Ha - Been working in Agrate Brianza for a while (spelling might suck).
Had the greatest food and ever since I don't go to an Italian restaurant any more because they just don't live up to the standard.

Plus of course the girls in Milan *yumm*

Make me?

By European standards even Democrats would be called right wing, now figure what they think about Republicans.

Most Americans have no clue about the world around them - never seen so self centered people that influence so many and have no clue what that means.

I'd vote Republican (purely for fiscal issues, I'm liberal for moral issues), but believe me, some Dems would be crazy left-wingers for European standards as well. And I'm from the country with the biggest communist party (thank God no more!) outside the USSR!

Make me?

Ugh ... yeah ... the vocal-stereotypical American do ruin the few intelligent people's images ... Sorry you are so displeased.

Wait, only after WWII,

but then we had sort of a close relationship back then....
When I was in school we went skiing on Seiseralm every easter break.
Was fantastic.

Ha - Been working in Agrate Brianza for a while (spelling might suck).
Had the greatest food and ever since I don't go to an Italian restaurant any more because they just don't live up to the standard.

Plus of course the girls in Milan *yumm*

The girls in Milan are ok, yes.
Food is great, but in Manhattan you can find many good italian places.
I love german food too, and loved Berlin for the history.

When got into the small local place, the Mom made special food for us, we didn't order off the menu - we just asked her to make something. Was always fantastic.

I worked also in Gilroy, CA for a while and we found a Greek one and they made original greek food for us - not the American style, but true greek food - was to die for.

I have a Swiss friend who is pastry chef and every now and then he calls me over for dinner - great stuff.

I can toss a good German food together as well, but hey - always has to come with beer and now that is a real downturn for a German over here - the stuff can hadly be swollowed.

When got into the small local place, the Mom made special food for us, we didn't order off the menu - we just asked her to make something. Was always fantastic.

I worked also in Gilroy, CA for a while and we found a Greek one and they made original greek food for us - not the American style, but true greek food - was to die for.

I have a Swiss friend who is pastry chef and every now and then he calls me over for dinner - great stuff.

I can toss a good German food together as well, but hey - always has to come with beer and now that is a real downturn for a German over here - the stuff can hadly be swollowed.

By the way, would you please remind me who the Champions of the world are?
:D :D

LOL

Not much longer - I actually watched it on mexican TV because I couldn't stand the american BS during the games.

-lunch break- I'll check back in later. Thanks for the help that some of you guys gave me. I appreciate it ^^

Make me?

And we care... why?

Um, it isn't the ones with no clue that run the country, but the ones with a lot of knowledge on the realities of this world. I'm absolutely certain that some shmock from some village in Bavaria has no idea of the world around him, yet Germany is a fairly significant leader within Europe.

Everything has its scale and its perspective.

Hmmm,

I wonder in how many countries you have lived to make that observation and I would totally agree on that guy in Bavaria, point is that I have never seen so many people that have zilch education on global matters than in the US.

Support the trops, but for the life of them, people can't find Iraq on a map.

Um, it isn't the ones with no clue that run the country, but the ones with a lot of knowledge on the realities of this world. I'm absolutely certain that some shmock from some village in Bavaria has no idea of the world around him, yet Germany is a fairly significant leader within Europe.

Everything has its scale and its perspective.

I'd say the system is different here.
My wife had top level education, she is a lawyer, she came, although as a child, from Eastern Europe. Yet, she barely knows where Italy, France and the UK are on the world map just because we go there all the time. And Russia obviously, because that's where she was born but mainly because it's so big on the map that you can't possibly miss it :D

So, the american education system completely ignores many subjects. On the other hand, kids out of college here in the US are much more prepared to enter the corporate world than their European counterparts.
What's better? It depends on your perspective...