• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I need help and advice,should i go for interview or not?

scopido

Registered Users (C)
2011AF00002XXX
I am the principal won with my wife; i enter the lottery as married without child because she was just few months old when I play the lottery couldn’t take her picture, never knew we will win.
I am a graduate with 5 years professional work experience, my wife too graduate with 4 yrs experience
I included her name and picture in the forms i sent back to KCC
I have all evidence to proof that she is my daughter like A wedding Cert., her naming ceremony pictures, her birth Cert that include my name as the father, her 1 yr birthday pictures and so many other things to show that am the father at the consular office.
I have written a letter to them at KCC as regard to this; the response was that I may be refused.
I think if I have true evidence to show at Consular office it may help me since what they want is true.
What is our chance of getting Visa, should I go for the interview or not?
Considering all the money I will spend doesn’t want to lose it.
I understand everything in life is risk.

Well you said it, it's a risk, it's on consular discretion to deal with this uniques situation, however the only thing they might not like is not disclosing a child on your initial application and might use it against you, but it doesn't hurt to try, be humble and let's hope to have the luck on your side just like it was when you won the DV.

2011AF00002XXX
I am the principal won with my wife; i enter the lottery as married without child because she was just few months old .......

You played it to win, so you could have done better with the facts !
Technically your case is at 'danger' of denial, to think otherwise is a mere bet you will be placing with $819x3 + other expenses like medicals.
It is your call whether to do it or not, odds are low for sure.

But if you are willing to spend the money its not a bad risk/bet to make...if you loose you loose, but if the CO takes a gentler approach (which they are NOT supposed to do) then......

Best !

PS: What is your local US embassy? If you give this others who know this office will advise you how 'humane' the ppl at this office will be in looking at an unusual case like yours.

If you go for interview, be prepared with dates and time line like when exactly you applied and how old your kid on that date.
And the 'technological' difficulties you faced taking her photo, like adjusting the face size etc as per DV requirements. That may sway the CO, I hope!

Last edited by a moderator:
2011AF00002XXX
I am the principal won with my wife; i enter the lottery as married without child because she was just few months old when I play the lottery couldn’t take her picture, never knew we will win.
I am a graduate with 5 years professional work experience, my wife too graduate with 4 yrs experience
I included her name and picture in the forms i sent back to KCC
I have all evidence to proof that she is my daughter like A wedding Cert., her naming ceremony pictures, her birth Cert that include my name as the father, her 1 yr birthday pictures and so many other things to show that am the father at the consular office.
I have written a letter to them at KCC as regard to this; the response was that I may be refused.
I think if I have true evidence to show at Consular office it may help me since what they want is true.
What is our chance of getting Visa, should I go for the interview or not?
Considering all the money I will spend doesn’t want to lose it.
I understand everything in life is risk.

scopido,
my question is "why"??
why did you not include your child in the application? i am absolutely sure you will be asked the same question when you go for interview. if you have a factual and truthful answer then you should be fine. do not lie about it. you mentioned that you already have proof of a birth cert with you named as the father on it. that proves that it is your child. now the issue is why you did what you did.
find the right answer and you should be ok.
good luck.

scopido,
my question is "why"??
why did you not include your child in the application? .......

The answer is in his past posts in the Nigeria forum. A friend has done it for him and not included kid, and also made a error in his B day too!
Its a risk as others has already said, but if the money is not a prob, he may try, it doesn't hurt.
Hopefully the CO will consider, but its Nigeria visa office...and I am a lot skeptical !!

anyways, wish him the best!

The answer is in his past posts in the Nigeria forum. A friend has done it for him and not included kid, and also made a error in his B day too!
Its a risk as others has already said, but if the money is not a prob, he may try, it doesn't hurt.
Hopefully the CO will consider, but its Nigeria visa office...and I am a lot skeptical !!

ya, since his friend may be blamed for the mistake ... it's still a major boo boo! i think scopido will not be able to put the blame on anyone else except himself. finding the right reason to explain to the co will be tough on this one. i agree, i would be skeptical too.

scopido, my best wishes to you and hopefully you have an understanding consular officer.

ya, since his friend may be blamed for the mistake ... it's still a major boo boo! i think scopido will not be able to put the blame on anyone else except himself. finding the right reason to explain to the co will be tough on this one. i agree, i would be skeptical too.

scopido, my best wishes to you and hopefully you have an understanding consular officer.

I say thanks to everyone that contribute to this thread, your advice and suggestions are good, i still need more as all this will help me to prepare for what to say.
My friend that played the lottery did it at last minutes of the last closing date which was around 9 pm in Nigeria time, he said he struggled for daughters picture to be accepted by the system which was not acceted,after while that he had tried. He said because of the baby face on picture was somehow and made the electronic form not accepting it. For him to avoid not playing it for me he decided to play it for me and my wife alone, you know without picture you can not include the child name, he had to remove the child name for the form to be sent.
My winning was luck and destining to be a winner, he actually played for 12 people including him, his wife, and other family and i am the only one that won. I believe God has a purpose why i emerged as the only winner. I have faith am not going to lie of anything, just need my forum friends advice as to how to arrange my point.
Thanks believe i will come back here to say thanks, we shall all see ourselves in US in Jesus name

Pls ,I want to know how KCC is going to contact the host in US?

They will ask for sure why did you lie on your application and it will be a huge red flag.

You entered the lottery by stating you filled it out in all honesty and you didn't fill out you have a child.

When you win you all of a sudden have a child with all the proof...sounds almost like a scam...why didn't you fill out that you have a child...others have done the same and got denied, that is and wa sthe risk you took.

You can go to the interview and risk being approved (not an writing error), since IMO your chance to be denied are higher than being approved.

If denied you will not get a penny back. Rules are the rules and you broke the rules your self....sorry i can't put it any other way.

I guess someone else will get your greencard. There are 100,000 people who get a letter and only 50,000 greencards...some people never respond and others makes mistakes or come to realize that they can't afford to got further or aren't eligible.