I need advice regarding Naturalization

When you will be leaving Moscow, at Passport/Immigration control ( not at airline check-in) present only your Russian passport and not American, since you must leave Russia as a Russian citizen.

When leaving/entering US you must always use US passport. It is against the law for US citizens to leave/enter US on different than US passport.

Your Russian passport just shows that you can enter your destination country/Russia without any visa, as a citizen.

Good luck with your trip.

Vorpal, many thanks! Yes, through Sheremetyevo. I hope I will travel without any problems. Hope my dad would recover and would be glad to see me...

The discussion was in the context of I-9. For I-9, the certificate is not a legible document.

Yes it is. Have a look towards the bottom of the following link:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=27c41921c6898210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=27c41921c6898210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

It is a form of "employment authorization document" (in lower case) not to be confused with the upper-case EAD (Form I-766). The upper-case EAD is a List A document. The naturalization certificate, like other lower-case employment authorization documents, is a List C document.

So if you use the naturalization certificate as proof of employment eligibility it would need to be supplemented with a List B document--but it IS acceptable.

At one time I believe that the naturalization certificate WAS a List A document. Presumably it was 'downgraded' to List C because, although it has a photo, the certificate/photo is never replaced so over the years it might no longer be an especially good likeness of the person.

Thanks to everyone regarding travel advises - they were very useful. Everything went well regarding my travel and using two passports. I am glad that my father is feeling better.

But I need an advise. That stupid "broken window case", though it did not affect my naturalization, still bothers me, since I feel that the local police record was absolutely, absolutely unfair. Do you advise to forget about it now, or to struggle to remove it? My only concern is that I have lack of physical and moral energy to struggle against stupid bureaucratic machine. These ladies in the police office were so mean and disrespectful that made me cry and suffer. Does it make now any sense to restore justice, or just forgive and forget? Can this stupid record make me any harm in future???

It's not worth doing anything about that broken window case. It got dismissed without you ever being charged or arrested or fined, and it will not show up on background checks run by employers or creditors. If you try to do something about it you probably won't succeed, and if it stays there it won't affect your life in any way (other than your needless worrying about it).

It's not worth doing anything about that broken window case. It got dismissed without you ever being charged or arrested or fined, and it will not show up on background checks run by employers or creditors. If you try to do something about it you probably won't succeed, and if it stays there it won't affect your life in any way (other than your needless worrying about it).
Ok, thanks! I hope it will not affect my future, I would love to forget is as a nightmare...

I think the best advice is do what you said you would love to.

Forget it.

You absolutely have the power to do just that :) Time to move on with your new status :)

Q

rescheduling oath ceremony

I was scheduled to attend the Ceremony on October 4th. I rescheduled by mailing back F-445 and a letter. Plan to talk to them on Monday in Boston (infopass). What shall I expect? Just want to make sure they do not schedule me for the dates that I will be out of the country (they are in the letter). I have a feeling that the next Ceremony in Boston will be around the Veterans Day. If, at the window, I tell them that I may go, will they admit me and issue a replacement F-445 or the rescheduling has been done?

Last edited by a moderator:
To TheRealCanadian: So far - not, Thanks Lord! But who knows what will be in future... I am planning to change employer in future, so I am very concerned about this unfair record. It cost me lots of nervous cells and gray hair when I found it out, by pure chance. I could have never stopped by the police office and requested the record check! Then I could have not experienced severe insomnia and depression for over 6 months, which had nearly killed me... Why they had made this record and never informed me about it for 8 years until I requested a letter? Why they had not given me such a letter when I was waiting for GC and was trying to expedite my immigration process by self background check in 2007? Just before my interview, I found a similar letter of March 2007 and it clearly states "no records"!!! I took it with me to the interview - just in case. Can we trust that there are no other unfair records against us when we are absolutely unaware about them??? Sorry for being paranoic, but this case made me!

To Banusiak: You should find it out at the info pass appointment. They have their schedule and list of those who attend oath ceremony, so they can put you on the day which is OK for you.

Banusiak,

Please start your own thread. You have a different situation than the one that has been discussed in this thread.

To TheRealCanadian: So far - not, Thanks Lord! But who knows what will be in future... I am planning to change employer in future, so I am very concerned about this unfair record.

You were never charged. Stop worrying about it.

Then I could have not experienced severe insomnia and depression for over 6 months, which had nearly killed me... Why they had made this record and never informed me about it for 8 years until I requested a letter? Why they had not given me such a letter when I was waiting for GC and was trying to expedite my immigration process by self background check in 2007? Just before my interview, I found a similar letter of March 2007 and it clearly states "no records"!!! I took it with me to the interview - just in case. Can we trust that there are no other unfair records against us when we are absolutely unaware about them??? Sorry for being paranoic, but this case made me!

Seek professional help for your anxiety. Seriously. A good therapist can discuss your anxiety issues and give you some good mechanisms to cope.

You were never charged. Stop worrying about it.

Seek professional help for your anxiety. Seriously. A good therapist can discuss your anxiety issues and give you some good mechanisms to cope.
Thanks, friends, for useful advices and participation in this thread. I very grateful. The goal is achieved - not clear, unfortunately, what will be "tomorrow"... Anyway, I believe it is time to close this thread... Best wishes to everyone!