• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I\'m looking for winners, who live in California

No Title

Hi, Evolution Man!

Are you a winner from California?
Congratulation!
 Tell us where did you send your form, or where you getting to? All about lottery is VERY interesting to me.
Thanks for any information about.
I believe that reading an advices can keep us from making a mistakes, so let\'s share our experience.

Best regards
M.

No Title

Hi, dear

No, fortunately, doesn\'t mean.
I\'m still legal and I\'ll hope to be in future but in now a days all is possible. You know, because of security - to leave is easy, coming back - not for sure.
My duties is about care for my very old relative.
I just can\'t let him alone any moment.
Thanks for your wishes, I like you very much, rng, and I\'m sorry I don\'t know even your name. But is OK.

Have a good day
M.

Hello !

Actually my wife won the lottery. We live in LA and we are ready to send the first papers to KCC. The forms and the photos. I don\'t want to apply for AOS trough INS cause I think the process is slower. We\'re gonna send the papers tomorow, and we\'ll see. I don\'t know where the interview will take place, most probably in the contry of origin(we are from Romania), but we can call KCC just to be sure.

Best regards,
Evolution Man.

Hi, Evolution Man

Let us know what they(KCC) say you about country, where you\'ll be interviewed from. I\'m specially interested if you have a choice (after sending to KCC), or not.
I sent my papers to KCC- probably too fast- but I\'ll prefer don\'t leave to Poland.
Just doing everything here.
Best wishes
M.

hi, ACTIO -thanks for your kindness

I have a lot of questions.
But now only few :
1.I sent my papers to Kentucky,( because of hurry - I thought deadline is September 30 current year!), and now I worry that I\'m suppose to leave to my country for CPU.
Now I\'m still legal, but I\'m not sure if I\'ll be in 2003 also legal.
So, I afraid to leave.

2.Where did you put your papers ( KCC or INS) and what was your personal experience?

3.What is a difference between processing in US and in native country?
Some speak, by CPU is much easier and faster. Is it true?

Thanks for your offer.
Best regards.

Hi AKTIO,

I do have MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT DV. I WON DV2003. DID U DO CP OR AOS? I AM DOING BOTH. I CALLED KCC AND THEY SAID I COULD DO BOTH. HERE IS THE DEAL: SUBMIT KCC FORMS AND WAIT FOR INTERVIEW DATE AS A BACKUP PLAN. USUALLY, INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY NUMBER WILL BE AROUND MAY 2003 SO IF AOS IS THRU BY THEN, GREAT, IF NOT, GO FOR CP...KCC TAUGHT ME THIS TRICK :)

SO WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE? HAVE YOU GOT YOUR GC?
FOR MY DV 2003 PALS, THE NUMBER SYSTEM VARIES PER REGION. SO DONT BE SCARED BY HIGH NUMBERS. I THINK OCEANIA GETS THE LOWER NUMBERS. 9000 IN OCEANIA/ASIA IS NOT THE SAME AS 9000'S FOR AFRICA/EUROPE. FOR EXAMPLE AFRICA STARTS FROM HIGHER NUMBERS. THE KCC GIRL TOLD ME THAT EVEN MID 30THOUSANDS GET GCS!!! A LOT OF PEOPLE GET DISQUALIFIED THESE DAYS TOO SO DONT BE SCARED.
TO HAVE A FEEL FOR WHEN U WILL BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW, CHECK THE VISA BULLETIN ARCHIVES FOR PREVIOUS YEARS. THAT WILL TELL U WHAT MONTH THEY HANDLE NUMBERS IN YOUR RANGE IN YOUR REGION...

GOD BLESS US ALL!!!

Re: some questions ....

[Hi Sonya;
you must make sure that you stay legal in the US while you are waiting for your number to be current. If your time of stay is later than the time of applying for AOS you may have problem in getting your green card.
thanks
andy

sorry fellas..

sorry for my late response, I lost my PW, so I had to re-register...Here they are:

- CS or AOS? I tried AOS first, then lots people told me if you go for AOS, a lot of process and hassle with INS, as a matter of fact, I had gone to INS 2 times and both trips were USELESS and FRUSTRATING. I do not recommend AOS unless you have specific reasons you cannot go back to your country to do CP. If you choose CP, then send the application (documents enclosed in the package you got from Kentucky) back to KCC ASAP, and wait.

- your case #? state department releases the current visa number montly on their website, for DV2003 winners, it's not ready yet as they just released the number for DV2002 September. SO most likely, within a month, you will see the current number for DV2003 winner. What is importnat for now is for you to choose CP or AOS, then take necessary steps. I recommend CP personally due to the cost involved (less than AOS yet you have to buy a round trip air flight to your home country) & time issues.

If you choose to go for AOS, then I cannot provide enough info as INS is just so complicated, I suggest you to hire a laywer. If you choose to go for CP, then I can pretty much explain the steps from 1 to 100 yet some steps are slightly different depending on your native country.

Assuming you are currently on visa (for those in the USA) and kept leagal status. For those overseas, assuming no criminal record in your country and/or USA.

Hi, AKTIO

I had trouble with re-register, also. Now I'm sonka s. in replace sonka slovitsky, but it's OK.

Thanks for explanation. Let me ask you the next questions:

--what means ' current' in Bulletin Visa related to number of visa
in particular month?
Is mean everybody who comes can get visa,
OR numbers are over, - no place? For example- now in Visa
Bulletin for Europe instead numbers is "current".

You know, I'm checking every Bulletin Visa and trying to quess when will be my turn in the next year ,according to my number...

--how they count 180 days out of status, you can be? First day is
from expired date, but the last day? Could be October,1-start
of Lottery,or maybe day of bring form AoS to the INS office?
I'm lost.

-- Can I send my form I-485(AoS) BEFORE October 1, or I can't?
Lady in INS said the date of my application is extremely
important. I didn't understand, why. I was sure that ONLY my
number is important, nothing else.

Could you answer me, please?
Thanks a lot.
{sorry for my English}

Originally posted by sonka s.

Thanks for explanation. Let me ask you the next questions:

--what means ' current' in Bulletin Visa related to number of visa
in particular month?
Is mean everybody who comes can get visa,
OR numbers are over, - no place? For example- now in Visa
Bulletin for Europe instead numbers is "current".

(current means your visa "case number" number on your DV "congraluation letter" is valid. right now, the state department is still showing the number for DV-2002 winners. so for your case, do not worry about it for a month. Once they are done with dv-2002 winners, then DV2003 will start. check back the state department website mid next month, and you should see the current numbers (very first one) for the DV2003 winners.

--how they count 180 days out of status, you can be? First day is
from expired date, but the last day? Could be October,1-start
of Lottery,or maybe day of bring form AoS to the INS office?
I'm lost.

I have no idea in regards to this question....

-- Can I send my form I-485(AoS) BEFORE October 1, or I can't?
Lady in INS said the date of my application is extremely
important. I didn't understand, why. I was sure that ONLY my
number is important, nothing else.

So I assume you plan to do a AOS in the US, let me ask you this question. what is your case number ?? is it low or high?? I tried the AOS, and it was so complicated and too much, then I swicthed to CS processing.... the INS in California (san francisco) told me that they don take my application until the visa number becomes current which is this month. I went to INS last year October, and that is what they told me. if you are going to do AOS, I recommend you to hire a lawyer...

Hi Dear AKTIO

Thanks for your reply and explanations.
May I ask again?

Meaning the world "current" I knew.
I have trouble with understanding the meaning used in last VISA BULLETIN, for example.
Look, next to Europe, Oceania, North America is "current".
Next to 'Africa", 'ASIA' are numbers.
What's a difference? What it means?
Does the numbers for Europe are finished, or everybody (from winners '03, of course) can come NOW to INS for interview?

Because, as I wrote here before, I take care for person, which I can't leave alone - he requires my constant assistance- I choose
AOS.
My number is 17*** for Europe, so I'm expecting my interview sometime between May and July.

If will be opportunity to obtain CP very fast, during few days it will be great, and I could get it....
It's also interesting if is possible applying for both, as omo-Jesu said.

Thank you AKTIO, again and please answer, if you could.

appreciative sonka

Hi Dear AKTIO

Meaning the world "current" I knew.
I have trouble with understanding the meaning used in last VISA BULLETIN, for example.
Look, next to Europe, Oceania, North America is "current".
Next to 'Africa", 'ASIA' are numbers.
What's a difference? What it means?
Does the numbers for Europe are finished, or everybody (from winners '03, of course) can come NOW to INS for interview?

Because, as I wrote here before, I take care for person, which I can't leave alone - he requires my constant assistance- I choose
AOS.
My number is 17*** for Europe, so I'm expecting my interview sometime between May and July.

If will be opportunity to obtain CP very fast, during few days it will be great, and I could get it....
It's also interesting if is possible applying for both, as omo-Jesu said.

Current means whatever the numbers (case number) you have are all current. you are good to go (means you will recieve an interview notice from the state department if you choose CP. If for AOS, then INS can now go ahead and process your I-485 petition. latter case will be long as I-485, then finger print, background check, interview, etc etc, then stamp on your passport. This is my understanding, not a definite.

If you see a number next to the region, it means whoever with the case number BELOW are ready for an interview. for instance, if your number is EU 17000 and current visa bulletin says EU 15000, then you are not ready for an interview. CURRENT VISA BULLETIN SHOWS THE NUMBER FOR DV2002, NOT for DV2003. so wait til next month. If you choose AOS, most likely INS will not accept your applications until your case number becomes current... that is what happened to me anyway... hence, I recommend you to go for CP. even you do AOS, you will need to make a trip to INS often.... CP is easier and you can do it by yourelf... AOS, need a lawyer or lots of patience and knowledge..

doing both CP & AOS, I dont know....

Thanks, AKTIO

of course I meant "winners '02", not "03" as I wrote by mistake and a hurry.

Thanks for explain meaning 'current' in VB using. It was very important to me.

Numbers next to continent in VB are clear to me.

Dear AKTIO,

could you tell me, please, has case number any meaning , even when you choose CP, or only for these, which choose AOS?

Another words, do you have to wait for your turn (number) obtaining by CP or not?
If yes, time when you're going to your home country should be related to "schedule from VB" also.

When I'm suppose to pay fee ($100 /person) to KCC, now, or in October? Any others fees are needed?
When and which one?

What do you think about udergoing the medical exam right here, and now, and whatever I'll pick up, (CP or AOS) medical will be done!

In case I'll take CP, I could take ready medical results with me to my country. Could it works?

Bye, bye, AKTIO.
Thanks for you good heart and good will to share your informations and experience with me.
Thanks a lot, and forgive me my maybe naive questions...

sonka

could you tell me, please, has case number any meaning , even when you choose CP, or only for these, which choose AOS?

Another words, do you have to wait for your turn (number) obtaining by CP or not?
If yes, time when you're going to your home country should be related to "schedule from VB" also.

When I'm suppose to pay fee ($100 /person) to KCC, now, or in October? Any others fees are needed?
When and which one?

What do you think about udergoing the medical exam right here, and now, and whatever I'll pick up, (CP or AOS) medical will be done!

In case I'll take CP, I could take ready medical results with me to my country. Could it works?

1: I am not quite sure what your question is, but I assume you want to know about the case number. Ok, here it is. If you see your case number becomes CURRENT, KCC will mail you the interview notice (if you choose to go for CP). If AOS, then INS can eventually start processing your I-485. I am not familiar with AOS, so I dont want to comment about it.... but for CP, once your case number is current, you are ready for an interview. Just wait for the interview notice letter

2: $100... not sure what it is for... but for CP, you dont have to pay anything until the date of an interview... THIS IS FOR DV-2002... they might have changed a rule for DV2003, which it should say on your letter of congratulation... I have never seen the DV2003 letter, so cannot speak for 2003 ... only for 2002

3. Medical exam in the US, then go for CP, I dont think it will work... you need to get a medical exam at the DESIGNATED doctor which US EMBASSY/CONSULATE assigns... they dont assign a doctor in the US....

where in CA do you live? If you are in local, I can meet you and talk to you and explain in details. let me know. or just e-mail me and give me a call via phone, it's faster and easier.

Hi AKTIO

Thanks a lot!
In spite of my mistakes and problems with understanding my poor English, you answered my questions.
Smart you!

Believe me, I'm sorry for it, and I 'm still learning.

I followed your advice and wrote e-mail to you.

Bye
s.