• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I\'m looking for winners, who live in California

sonka slovitsky

Registered Users (C)
Nobody knows, what to do with winner as me.
I was today morning in Immigr.in Laguna Niguel and nobody saw any person ,who win lottery, before.I was the first.

So, they sent me to LA District Office, but same. Nobody knows.
They told that it isn\'t about immigration, it\'s about Depatment of State.
 If somebody knows what to do, especially in CA, let me know, please.
 Thanks a lot for any help.
  Martha

I would advise to contact an attorney just for hourly filling up of forms and some consultations

and do everything on your own.

No Title

My forms are ready to send. Point is nobody knows where.
I was asked five clerks today. No results.
All of them were very kindly,however.

Good news is I got answer from KCC about fee schedule. They said that schedule isn\'t ready yet.I have to ask after June.So, I\'ll ask later.
 One mystery is resolved.
Thanks for advice. By the way, where did you send your forms,please?
Martha

do you have to wait to file until the fee schedule is received?

i do not directly into dv but my relative is from africa region and
received the packet and doesn\'t have any more info than just contacting KCC. Please leave info on any developments.

No Title

In my packet were three forms for fill, and instructions.

First, your relative have to sent these filled forms + pictures + fee(?) to Kentucky.
During the waiting for answer, relative is suppose to prepare other dokuments -birth certificate, marriage, and any dyplomas. All of its shoud be tranlated and showed while meeting with officials.
That\'s it.

Today morning I called to Kentacky for answer WHERE I\'m suppose to send my forms. They told " to KCC," so I\'ll do this.
Bye now
Marta

Fee

They didn\'t have this schedule right now, and didn\'t send to anybody but they\'ll get it in June.
So, we have to wait...

Last info from Kentucky

I talked to KCC today morning. They said me, I haven\'t to wait for fee schedule, just send my forms plus pictures to Kentucky.
After June 1 I\'m suppose to ask them by phone for schedule.
This time-from June- schedule should be ready.

So, don\'t worry about money.
Have you good day, guys!

To triple check

Just send out the Forms 230 (part I and II) and DSP-122, plus 2 pictures on yourself. That\'s all, right?

money after, right now--only forms+pictures

Yes, you\'re right.
May I ask - where did you sent it, to Kentucky or to your local INS?
You are from CA, aren\'t you?

No Title

Yes, I\'m from California. I\'m sending my forms to Kentucky. Here\'s the adress: Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center, 3505 North Highway 25W, Williamsburg, KY 40769.

rng-- congratulations!

OK.
 Thanks for info. I did it also, but before I was looking for local INS, according to instruction.
It took me a lot of time and nerves.
Because I couldn,t get it, I sent forms to Kentucky.

After June 1 we can get infos about fee schedule, by e-mail.
Do you know something more about time of interview?
Let me know, please, if you can.
Thanks.
e-mail: just1410@yahoo.com

interview

Dear sonka, I believe the interview date depends on your case number. For example, mine is about 9000. So, according to the embassy in my country, I should expect to be interviewed in May next year. Good luck to you too!

some questions ....

Dear rng,
Thank you for your answer but right now I\'m completely lost!
I was sure that all will be over before September \'02.
According your last info it coud be lasting much longer.
Are you sure about it?
Could you explain me, what is relation between number my case and time to wait, please?
Did you ask in ambassy in your native country?
When I can get this kind of information?

Although I\'m legal now, after one year I can lost my legality.
What means info in "instruction for winners" all must be finished before September 30, ??????

BTW, where are you, and who you are--man or woman?

Bye, bye

Answers

Hi Sonka,

First of all, I\'m a woman and I\'m in Orange County =) The information I gathered came from reading responses from this forum. From my understanding, for the DV 2003 winners, it ends September 2003. So visas will be issued until Sept. 2003. For example, for the DV 2002 winners, the INS is currently processing rank number 9500 in June 2002. So, in other words, the lower your number is, the higher chance you will get a green card. You basically have to wait until your number becomes current before you have an interview scheduled. They will notify you about 6 weeks before the interview date. There will be no correspondence prior to that. I think even if you return to your home country, you will still be able to go for the interview (if they call you) because you went through CP in your own country. Does that make sense? If I\'m wrong, please correct me =)

Step by step getting clearer.....

Hi, rng!

Thanks a lot for your explanation and patience.
You just helped me to clear up a lot of mine misunderstanding. But I have still another one.
Shame on me - I oversighted date !
I was sure that Sept. 2002 is over to me, but actually I have a lot of time!
May I ask what is "CP", please?

PS,
I\'m from OC also, so we are a neighbors!
Bye, bye

No Title

CP means Consular Processing, which was the option you chose when you went through the Kentucky Consular Center. So, you will be interiewed in your home country. Since you are in the States, you had the choice to go through the INS. If you went through the INS, you would have chosen AOS (adjustment of status), which supposedly takes longer. I went through CP too coz I didn\'t want to take any chances. Glad I could help =) I learned a lot on this site.

sending forms to KCC = leave to native country for processing?

Thanks, dear rng for fast reply.

But....again question,please.
I sent my packet to Kentucky, because I couldn\'t do this in INS.
(In Laguna Niguel nobody knew what to do with "DV person", so finaly, very frustated, I called to Kentucky, and they advised me to sent my forms to them.)
That\'s it!
It wasn\'t my choice between CP and AOS.

Now, my question is:
 if pick out Kentucky is equal to pick out to leave to my country and processing by CP????
I wouldn\'t to do this because of my duty.

ps.
I followed your advice and find out a lot of info from folks who write over there.
Thanks a lot!

No Title

oh dear, does that mean you can\'t legally leave the country or something? I wish you all the best.