I knew thread for Morning

faysal said:
Ms. Morning please post your experience here:

hey faysal, just my periodical check--- any news yet????????
i mailed the nsc a copy of my npt approval, with a letter the other day. i checked and it was delivered to the cis yesterday morning. no lud change yet. i am getting impatient!!!!!

annaraka said:
hey faysal, just my periodical check--- any news yet????????
i mailed the nsc a copy of my npt approval, with a letter the other day. i checked and it was delivered to the cis yesterday morning. no lud change yet. i am getting impatient!!!!!

They got mine about four weeks and no LUD yet. I sent the office of Abdusman a letter. I will see what have to say..

what do u think we reapply for 485..maybe faster than npt one~..does any body get plastic through nunc pro tunc situation in this forum???please response how long gonna take 485 approval since nunc pro tunc approval..if that is longer than a year,i will consider to reapply..

samual said:
what do u think we reapply for 485..maybe faster than npt one~..does any body get plastic through nunc pro tunc situation in this forum???please response how long gonna take 485 approval since nunc pro tunc approval..if that is longer than a year,i will consider to reapply..

Samual,
I have no idea what is going on with the NPT. I have contacted the office of Abdusman, and will see what they have to say.

Any Idea on how Morning's Interview went. She had her interview yesterday, and no word yet...

Guys! I am little becoming worried about morning. She has been complaining that she was worried about experiencing another interview. I don't think she is this late with the interview experience for good. what do you guys think....Pray to God for her in your prayers.....

faysal
Thank you for your prayers and creating a special thread for me. You're a kind soul! :) I'm doing much better now. I tried to post my account on Tuesday, a couple of hours after the interview, but couldn't access the board at all for a long time - the server was hopelessly jammed. I was taking it easy - took a day off and had a major letdown after the interview, even though it turned out to be not too bad.
I came to the local CIS office at 7:40am, my attorney arrived a few minutes later. He put my appointment notice in the basket outside the waiting room and told me that he saw another notice for someone doublebooked for the same time slot. A short time later I was called (thank goodness, I was first!): the officer was a fairly pleasant young lady who told me right away that this meeting is more of a formality. (My file was about 4 inches thick, color-coded pink and marked "Nunc Pro Tunc") She didn't look quite awake and gladly admitted that she hadn't had her coffee yet. She took digital prints of my both index fingers and a photo, swore me and we went throught the NPT application. Somewhere in the middle she started her regular spiel about why I would be afaraid to return to my home country - until this moment she was right on track! Here, she, evidently looked at my attorney who prepared a little speech (as he later told me) and realized that this was irrelevant and smoothly switched back. I was not asked to show any original documents except long ago expired NP and I-94. Not even an ID! :confused: I still do not understand what's the point of dragging me through this totally unnecessary aggravation. As we were talking I realized that she is not familiar with the detalis of the case and asylee adjustment process, in particular. After the interview she told me that the case is approved and I should be receiving new apprval letter and new I-94 in the mail. She said that the only reason why she could not issue them right away is the lack of technical capabilities in the local office. I signed the mail-out notice and she gave me a copy of it. That was it. I hope it will drag on for another couple of months or so and I will have a chance to through in a name change while I-485 is still pending. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Morning. My experience was the same even though your officer was more straightforward.

Now that we are independent asylee, we will see what happens to our I-485. Since I sent the documents, there is no update on my case...

Again Congratulations: It is a big relieve...

RTD or NP to travel after GC in hand. Old NP still valid

I received my GC (AS6 for me and AS7 for my wife).
My old NP is still valid (issued before asylum granted). Do I still have to use a RTD to travel and return to the US or may I just use my NP.
Will there be a problem at port of entering back to the US with this?

Is there any link to any document that addresses this issue?

Thanks

Note: I am not traveling to my COP.

oliver1 said:
I received my GC (AS6 for me and AS7 for my wife).
My old NP is still valid (issued before asylum granted). Do I still have to use a RTD to travel and return to the US or may I just use my NP.
Will there be a problem at port of entering back to the US with this?

Is there any link to any document that addresses this issue?

Thanks

Note: I am not traveling to my COP.

Oliver, I doubt even a good attorney could possibly answer you this correctly. There are long debates regarding this issue in many posts by many forum members. But those are all personal opinions. USCIS don't surely have not a written law about this matter. So it all depends when you'll apply for citizenship if the IO started giving you hard time due to this fact that you had a NP than he/she may very well do so than on the other hand if IO don't really care it won't be no issue at all. Therefore it's hard to predict what could happen if one uses NP while travelling outside US.
But per your question that won't be any problem at this point on for sure. Same with visiting COP after receiving GC. If one visits COP after receiving GC won't be no problem at this point but MAY FACE problems during citizenship interview depending on the interviewing IO.
You know immigration matters are so versatile & do different from one to another so it's not possible to get some answers so correctly cause as I said it differs from your case to mine. You may have a very smooth IO at your interview & don't even bother even if you used your NP to visit COP where else I might not be so fortunate. So the conclusion is there ain't much telling about USCIS things. I would say luck has so much to do with things in all immigration matters.
Atique.

Hey Faysal, morning, thankful and my nunc pro tunc budies.

been a while I have not been in this forum.

Last time, after asking opinions from you guys, finally I submitted my assylumn application. Just a minute ago, I received an email:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 4, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEWARK ASYLUM OFFICE for
processing. That office will notify you when they take action on your case. You
should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a
local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283, to receive information about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National
Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283."

Hope my experience would be as smooth as yours.

One question before I forget. I'm gonna get married this June. Do you guys think if I update my status in USCIS before I have my interview, my wife will be granted a green card when I receive my green card?

Ed

WongGendeng said:
Hey Faysal, morning, thankful and my nunc pro tunc budies.

been a while I have not been in this forum.

Last time, after asking opinions from you guys, finally I submitted my assylumn application. Just a minute ago, I received an email:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 4, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEWARK ASYLUM OFFICE for
processing. That office will notify you when they take action on your case. You
should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a
local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283, to receive information about local office processing times.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from
USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National
Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283."

Hope my experience would be as smooth as yours.

One question before I forget. I'm gonna get married this June. Do you guys think if I update my status in USCIS before I have my interview, my wife will be granted a green card when I receive my green card?

Ed

MR. wang welcome back. I hope things will work well for you as well. the process is smooth, but the fact that what we are getting is asylum approval instead of greecard is disappointing, but the process is not bad.

Ok. about your question that you want to include your new wife in your new application, I am expert in this question. Here are the details I know about it. If you were deravative and you want to retain your status the process is easy. Unless you did something stupid, the asylum office will probably approve your asylum application, and they will backdate it to the original date of grant of asylum. for example, my grant of asylum was in 2000 and when my npt was approved in april 4 it was bacdated to that date.

If you marry and you want your new wife to derive asylum status from you, you will lose your priority as a tunc pro tunc. The asylum office will start your asylum application from anew. Your chances of approval is 50/50%. You have to go through all the details of your original asylum. In short you have to convince the AO as though you have just come in the country. And if your asylum is approved they will not backdate it to the original grant of asylum. They will date it from the date of your new asylum approval.

That is what I know about that issue. My advice. I would not do it:period. It is a sloppery slope. I wouldn't ganble on that.

faysal said:
Ok. about your question that you want to include your new wife in your new application, I am expert in this question. Here are the details I know about it. If you were deravative and you want to retain your status the process is easy. Unless you did something stupid, the asylum office will probably approve your asylum application, and they will backdate it to the original date of grant of asylum. for example, my grant of asylum was in 2000 and when my npt was approved in april 4 it was bacdated to that date.

If you marry and you want your new wife to derive asylum status from you, you will lose your priority as a tunc pro tunc. The asylum office will start your asylum application from anew. Your chances of approval is 50/50%. You have to go through all the details of your original asylum. In short you have to convince the AO as though you have just come in the country. And if your asylum is approved they will not backdate it to the original grant of asylum. They will date it from the date of your new asylum approval.

That is what I know about that issue. My advice. I would not do it:period. It is a sloppery slope. I wouldn't ganble on that.

Thanks Faysal. When you said that I should not do it. What shouldnt I do? I should not get married? Or I still get married, and not include my wife name in my application? Because as long as I do not change my application, it should be ok right? Because when I was submitting my application, my status was still single?

What do you think?

Thanks

WongGendeng
Welcome to the club... :(
What shouldnt I do? I should not get married?
The answer depends on the status of your fiancee. If she is not a PR or USC, I would have the interview first and wedding second. By the way, I was asked during the intreview whether or not I remarried. Hope your interview will be scheduled soon and be short and smooth. :)

Morning said:
WongGendeng
Welcome to the club... :(
What shouldnt I do? I should not get married?
The answer depends on the status of your fiancee. If she is not a PR or USC, I would have the interview first and wedding second. By the way, I was asked during the intreview whether or not I remarried. Hope your interview will be scheduled soon and be short and smooth. :)

Thanks for the welcome. :) Morning
I've been in this club for few weeks by the way. :)
What is USC? US Citizen?
Hmmm,I'm gonna get married the end of June. Mannnn... everything has already set up. Can't postpone it. :) Whatever happens, let it happens... Hope it's not gonna effect my case too much. By the way, my fiance status is H1B pursuing work certificate from US Dept. of Labor which is worse than USCIS. :)

Yeah... I hope everything would be smooth as yours, too. Thanks a lot. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
WongGendeng
I'm gonna get married the end of June. Mannnn... everything has already set up. Can't postpone it.
Congratulations with your marriage! I'm going to get married myself around the same time. Couple of months ago, before the NPT interview I was facing the same dilemma and decided for myself: what's going to happen is going to happen and there's no way I will postpone my marriage, which is way more important that all stupid bureacratic procedures of the world. My fiancee, though, is a native-born UCS, whose family moved to this continent almost 400 years ago, long before the INS came into existence - luckily for them. :D

WongGendeng said:
Thanks Faysal. When you said that I should not do it. What shouldnt I do? I should not get married? Or I still get married, and not include my wife name in my application? Because as long as I do not change my application, it should be ok right? Because when I was submitting my application, my status was still single?

What do you think?

Thanks

It really does not matter whether you marry or not. What matters is if you want your new wife to be included in your asylum application so that she can get deravative asylum status. This will change the situation. but if your new wife has legal status and you list her on your application the section that asks you your relatives, that is fine. Remember the asylum appliction has different sections. there is a section where you may list your wife as your wife without problem, but if you want her to get asylum status based on you, this will change everything. Remember, NPT is based on another person's asylum status so no one can derive you asylum status.

Bottom line it is good idea to remain single to go through the npt process, otherwise the situation is uncertain...good luck