I knew thread for Morning

Morning said:
WongGendeng
I'm gonna get married the end of June. Mannnn... everything has already set up. Can't postpone it.
Congratulations with your marriage! I'm going to get married myself around the same time. Couple of months ago, before the NPT interview I was facing the same dilemma and decided for myself: what's going to happen is going to happen and there's no way I will postpone my marriage, which is way more important that all stupid bureacratic procedures of the world. My fiancee, though, is a native-born UCS, whose family moved to this continent almost 400 years ago, long before the INS came into existence - luckily for them. :D

Lickily for you... hehehe... Congratulation my friend. It is exactly right when you said this is much more important than those stupid bureuacratic procedures. I love USA, but I love my fiance more... sorry the land of freedom... :)

Hello Peopleeee

Hello People....

glad to come back here. I just had my interview for my NPT, and wanted to share with you all if you don't mind.

O ya... Morning... Congrat again for your wedding. Hope it went well. I, myself, just had mine on June as you know.

Anyway, finally today I went to the NPT interview. My interview was scheduled on 8/31/06 at 10.45 am. As usual, USCIS is gonna make you wait. I came there at 10.30, had my finger print taken and waited in the lobby. After getting sleepy and staring, finally I was called at nearly 1.00 pm.

I went inside with the officer, and .... the show begun... NOTHING scary at all. All he asked just my passport, clarify my name, clarify my current address, dob and all that crap. However, till to the marital status, finally something changed, from single to married, and he asked the information of my wife.

Not more than 10 minutes, I got off his office, and had to wait again in the lobby. 30 minutes later, the receptionist came outside and called my number again. I stood up, came with her, and she took my picture and fnger-print... again. Finally, she handed me the new asylum-granted I-94 with a wrong name and a working authorization card. Then she told me to wait outside to fix the I-94, and by 2.30 pm I left the building.

Before I left, I had a chance to ask to the receptionist about my case. She said that all the documents will be mailed back to Nebraska and my I-485 application will continue from there without the need to reapply for it. I hope what she said was right, and hopefully it does not take that long to get my GC.

I think that's all the story for today. Hope all of you who have the same problem with me would have no problem, too.

Thanks for all of you who have always helped my by sharing very important information. I'm glad I joined this forum, so I dont have to spend mony for an authorney. I saw a girl who sat next to me in the immigration office, and she was also has an NPT case. However, she came with his lawyer. I dont know how much she spent for it, but hopefully she wont regret the money that she just wasted to have a lawyer accompanied her.

Once again... thank you all

Congratulations Mr. Weng: You have passed the critical stage. It will be smooth from here. After I got my I-94, It took me about 5 weeks to get my greencard. I sent USCIS my new I-94 and approval letter though, and suggest you do the same thing. Again congratulations and enjoy your new freedom. Good luck...

sukhipatiala said:
hi faysal
my wife 's case has been transfered to sanfrancisco asylum office .please share your personal exp with interview officer .u can also email sukhipatiala@yahoo.com.
thanks

Mr. Sukhipatiala: I have got your private e-mail too. Your has nothing to worry. The questions were straightforward just as Mr/s. Weng. Name, age, like that. The whole process was less than five minutes. Also, Mr/s. Weng was very forjunate in the fact that he/she got their approval on the spot. It took me some time about 10 dayd before I got the approval. I was interviewed by an guy of an Indian origin, and he was very decent human. Just give them some time, and everything will be smooth....Good luck..

faysal said:
Congratulations Mr. Weng: You have passed the critical stage. It will be smooth from here. After I got my I-94, It took me about 5 weeks to get my greencard. I sent USCIS my new I-94 and approval letter though, and suggest you do the same thing. Again congratulations and enjoy your new freedom. Good luck...

Faysal.... good to hear from you my man... :)

Question though, why would you send the I-94 and the approval letter to USCIS? Isn't that the Assylum office should send the info back to the NSC? And by saying USCIS, does it mean the Nebraska Service Center (NSC)?

Thanks Faysal.

WongGendeng said:
Faysal.... good to hear from you my man... :)

Question though, why would you send the I-94 and the approval letter to USCIS? Isn't that the Assylum office should send the info back to the NSC? And by saying USCIS, does it mean the Nebraska Service Center (NSC)?

Thanks Faysal.

yes, USCIS and Nebraska are the same. I sent the I-94 in case the asylum office do not sent it back.

At the time of my interview, I asked the asylum office who interviewed me whether he will send my file back to Nebraska or not. He clearly told me that he has nothing to do with Nebraska. He told me that he had no idea of any greencard for me pending. and he said that if I were interested in that he would send my approval back to Nebraska. So don't rely on them. If someone said to you the asylum office will transfer back you case back to nebraska then I don't know about that...To be on the save side send the whole documents (copy) to them. Use their address....Good luck

faysal said:
yes, USCIS and Nebraska are the same. I sent the I-94 in case the asylum office do not sent it back.

At the time of my interview, I asked the asylum office who interviewed me whether he will send my file back to Nebraska or not. He clearly told me that he has nothing to do with Nebraska. He told me that he had no idea of any greencard for me pending. and he said that if I were interested in that he would send my approval back to Nebraska. So don't rely on them. If someone said to you the asylum office will transfer back you case back to nebraska then I don't know about that...To be on the save side send the whole documents (copy) to them. Use their address....Good luck

I actually saw a BIG sign in my folder that those documents were to be sent back to NSC. However, I will follow what you did. I think it is a very good idea to take care of it ourselves. Thanks a lot

WongGendeng said:
I actually saw a BIG sign in my folder that those documents were to be sent back to NSC. However, I will follow what you did. I think it is a very good idea to take care of it ourselves. Thanks a lot

Hey, everyone. I am new to this forum and I just wanted to let you all know that you have nothing to worry about at the NPT interview. I myself am an NPT (which I got through my Mom several years ago) and I had a totally inexperienced attorney accompany me to my interview which did not matter at all because the interview is a formality...

So do not worry about it at all. I have my GC now as a result of the NPT process and everything will go smoothly with Nebraska as it is all a formality anyway. So thank you all for posting your experiences on this forum. I really appreciate it!

vdostoi1 said:
Hey, everyone. I am new to this forum and I just wanted to let you all know that you have nothing to worry about at the NPT interview. I myself am an NPT (which I got through my Mom several years ago) and I had a totally inexperienced attorney accompany me to my interview which did not matter at all because the interview is a formality...

So do not worry about it at all. I have my GC now as a result of the NPT process and everything will go smoothly with Nebraska as it is all a formality anyway. So thank you all for posting your experiences on this forum. I really appreciate it!

Hey vdostoi1, glad to hear another positive experience. I'm still waiting for my GC, and hope it's not gonna take too long. I have a question for you who have received your GC though, is the issiance date in your GC pushed back to a year before? Because my mom's was.

Thanks.

WongGendeng
I have a question for you who have received your GC though, is the issiance date in your GC pushed back to a year before?
It would better be one year backdated. ;) Glad to hear you're staying optimistic and hope you'll get approved soon. :)

Morning said:
WongGendeng
I have a question for you who have received your GC though, is the issiance date in your GC pushed back to a year before?
It would better be one year backdated. ;) Glad to hear you're staying optimistic and hope you'll get approved soon. :)

Stay positive baby... that's all I can do right now. I'll follow what you did though if I'm waiting too long. :)