I havent received EAD/AP ,more than 3 months have passed by since i filed

I called in mid March and was told I would get response in 30 days. In early April, I received a letter confirming my March inquiry and again told me I would get response in 30 days. Now 30 days has passed, still no LUD. So I called yesterday and was told I should check back 60 days after receiving that confirmation letter, which will be 60 days after early April. Lekha123, which center did you file?

konark said:
One of the step involved in EAD approval is getting your biometrics done at the local Application Support Center. On going through this thread, I see that you have not yet completed this step. It will be a fingerprinting notice for your I765 application with CODE 2 mentioned on it. They will take the index finger print and your photograph. If you had e-filed your EAD, then call the 1800 number and take an appointment for fingerprinting, else wait for the notice from USCIS.

Regarding AP, just wait.

- konark

For my EAD, biometrics were never asked for and I don't have FP on my current EAD. Is that a new requirement for EAD ? Please comment. Thanks

Interesting ... hmmmm

Both my wife and myself applied for AP back in Jan and mine was approved a few weeks ago but my wife's was still pending. I had several LUD changes before the approval and in the end the online message changed. She had 2 LUD changes last week but the online message never changed. Today she received the AP, her online message is still the same ... just surprised to see that it's possible to happen, I always thought that at national level when they approve something they change the LUD date/online message also.
nemessis

EAD/AP not approved 3 months after notice date (VSC)

hi,
i am newly registered.. I applied for GC in EB3 catgory in DEC 2004, RD 12/27/2004 & ND 01/06/2005. The 140,131,765,485, have neither been approaved nor any RFE recieved .I recieved a PF & Biometerics (code 3) for the 04/05/2005. There atfirst they took only the finger prints but then we mentioned that we didnot recieve our EAD, then reviewing the FP notice again, they took the biometrics (digital photo, signature, &index finger print).I expected to recieve an EAD immediately, but she said that it would be posted.Though the PF have been updated in the I485,there is no change in our EAD status. Moreover it has been 2 weeks since the FP &Biometric test have been done, yet we have not recieved the EAD.
This is bothering us a lot. If anyone has any idea what to do next, please help.

FP for EAD?

Well mine were all e-filed EADs. Hence, I did the FP. I am bit not clear about the process of paper filed EADs. Please check with somebody with similar experience.
Regrets if it created confusions.

- konark

FP Done

I got my FP done in Newark Last week.I called NSC 2 weeks back.let me see when i will get my EAD.Can anyone think of anything that is preventing me from getting my EAD and AP.

phone number for VSC

Can someone give me the phone number to contact VSC.I am taking a chance to call them.
Thakns

I am in the same boat ...

I am also in the same boat as you all ....

RD is Dec 28, 2004 and ND 1/12/2005. FP done, RFE on I140, LUD on 4/12. No LUD on EAD/AP so far.....

Keenly waiting for EAD/AP ....

kandapr did you receive EAD and AP,any LUD's

All,
My Code was 3 when i got my Biometrics done.Does it have any bearing on AP and EAD since they took our photographs,Finger Prints and digital signature?Kandapr did you see any LUD's on 140?Experts please post your reply

No.. I am still waiting for my EAD..,It's been 3 weeks after FP, still no cange in the LUD either.

satishgc said:
All,
My Code was 3 when i got my Biometrics done.Does it have any bearing on AP and EAD since they took our photographs,Finger Prints and digital signature?Kandapr did you see any LUD's on 140?Experts please post your reply

No ! I don't think so.. as I have met many people in the INS office at the time of FP, who had come for biometrics & FP, already with EAD card, recently recieved.Ecery thing seems so uncertain...nothing seems pridictable..

Last edited by a moderator:
Message from VSC on EAD

I got a an email today from VSC telling that they are waiting for a decision from an other office and as soon as they receive a decision my case will be processed.I dont what office and what decision it is.Anyone in same boat as mine?I contacted my employer they asked me to wait and see for 30 days.Anyone in same boat ?please help.
Thanks in Advance

Below is quoted from CSC. I guess your I765 was "on hold." If your I140 is not approved yet, that might be the waiting of prima facie review of I140. You may check with your local CIS office to see whether your case is "on hold" and why it is "om hold."

Processing of I-765s and I-131 filed with Concurrently filed I-140/I-485: Please confirm that the following reflects the CSC procedure for handling I-131s and I-765s filed with a concurrently filed I-140/I-485:

The I-140 receives a prima facie review within 60 days. If a Request for Initial Evidence is received, both the I-131 and the I-765 will be placed on hold until the response is received. For purposes of accumulating time toward the 90 days necessary to obtain an interim EAD, no time starts to accumulate until the response is received. If a Request for Additional Evidence is issued, both the I-131 and I-765 will be placed on hold until the response is received. For purposes of accumulating time for an interim EAD, the period prior to the issuance of the RFE counts towards the accumulation of 90 days. However, once the RFE is issued, no additional time is accumulated until the response is received at which time the clock starts to run again.

No RFE on I-140 yet

I have not received RFE's on 140 yet?but i have seen some LUD's.so whta does that mean?

EAD on Hold

My I-140, I485, I131 & 1-765 Cases was filed from VSC on 12-28-04, ND 01-07-05. FP date was for 3/1/05. Since then the USCIS site displays my case to be in processing. The LUD is 02/07/05.
I took an appt. at the local office after 90 days were completed to get iEAD. The immigration officer informed me that my case is on "Hold". It did not give any other details. I have not recieved RFE either. Calling USCIS has got me no more facts about my case. They also told me that there is no telephone number to call VSC to find more. The only thing that can be done is to send a letter to VSC seeking more information.

If anybody is or was in this state and has information that can be of help, please write, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same "hold" problem though my 140 was approved. I think the first thing we have to do is to find why it is hold. There are two ways suggested in this forum.
1. Use INFOPASS to talk to a local CIS officer. He/she may call the service center to figure it out.
2. Contact congressman. I called and the congressman's immigration assisatnt said she could contact service center to find why it is hold.

Hold on ead

Hi all

Do you guys know if "hold on ead " is due to check on valid status in usa like no gaps etc. Do u guys have any such gaps ?

Thanks.

How did you get this Info?

Lekha,
How were you able to gather these facts?btw any update on your 140 ,131 and 765 documents?It would be nice to start a thread for those that have not received there ead's and ap's in eb3 category that filed between nov-dec 04 timeframe.