I have valid visa until sept 2003. Do I still need Advance Parole?

saramu

Hello,
   Instead of getting receipts of advance parole for me and my wife, I got two receipts of Advance parole on my wife\'s name. The attorney says that it\'s the mistake at INS side and he had sent a correction. My wife had received her advance parole and I haven\'t yet. I and my wife have received EAD cards recently. It looks like it is taking longer for INS even for issuing a correction receipt. I am not sure how long it\'s going to take to get my advance parole. Now, I\'ll have to go to India for my sister\'s marriage. As I don\'t have advance parole yet, is it ok if I use my H1 visa? Won\'t it affect my I-485 processing? Please advice me.

Thanks,
Saravanan

RD 11/20 ND 12/11 EAD received Jan 7 AP not yet received

Hi,
   I got my EAD on Jan 7 but not yet received AP. Heard that EAD and AP come together. Do you have any idea whats wrong?

No need to worry

There is no standard that AP and EAD should come together. Some people get AP first and then EAD second. For others, it happens other way. Some get them together.

Then why AP is required?

If H1 can be used for travelling even after I-485 has been filed, then what is the necessity of Advance Parole?

Do I need AP (applied GC with different employer), even while I am working with my H1 sponsorer?

My Green Card is in process with a different company than what I am working for. My current H1 (H4 for family) are valid through 2004 with my current employer. I have just applied for I-140 with different employer and I may be applying I-485 in a couple of months. Can I use my present H1/H4 visas for Travel even after applying for Adjustment of Status, since my I-485 is with a different company?
I think, I can since I am still working with the employer who sponsored my H1. Correct me if I am wrong.

when

I heard someone siad that one need to fill I-9 if he wants to use EAD if he use AP.I have a question:
when should go first AP or EAD?Means that before I use AP ,I have to switch to EAD ?or after I use AP then switch to EAD?Thanks for your input!