• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I have two first names, and I forgot to write my first first name in dv2013 on-line application.

The passport and information contained within the passport is the rule of the day. What is in your valid passport has match your DV application because if you are granted an entry visa, then that is the passport you will travel with.

Other documents like birth certificates or marriage certificates or diplomas were done donkey's years ago for many of us so technically and realistically they can't be changed unless you have a flux capacitor and can do a Marty McFly and Back To The Future thing lol...

As long as the name on documents is "clear" and an 80% match to your passport (AND THEY ARE ORIGINAL) per say then there are no problems.

If your passport information and DV entry details do not match, you're stuffed because they will simply toss it out the window unless they are feeling kind and generous to give you a chance :)

Remember those who have already been to America and have their records at their respective embassies stored are less likely to scrutiny and grief in comparison to those who haven't been to America.

All the best to everyone!

Hi
I have two first names
As a matter of interest - why do you refer to it as first and second first names and not just first and second names? What is the difference? Is this common in your country - which country is it?