I have a qs about oath ceremony letter!

msk870

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have learned alot from this forum, thanks to all the good people who have conttributed their thoughts and experiances here ..

I have two qs,

1) i am still waiting for oath letter, is it possible to ask the local field office to schedule ur oath ceremony in earliest possible date even if it is very far from my area? like i live in arkansas, most people get oath in memphis which is one hr drive , but in nashville there will be oath ceremony before memphis...(IF i could ask them to schedule my oath in nashville...)

2) Can lawyers help in scheduling oath ceremony in some other area..

I am going through a hard time... I hope some one could help me just give me ur thoughts n ideas abt that...

Write to the District Director for that area and ask them that your oath be done in Nashville instead of Memphis. Or you could write to Mrs. Susan Arroyo, Chief of Staff, Domestic Operations Directorate, USCIS / Dept of Homeland Security, and her address is 20 Massachusetts Ave, NW RM 3112, Washington, DC 20529

OR you can write directly to the: Memphis Field Office (MEM) where the Field Office Director is Diane Campbell, Memphis Field Office Director, USCIS/ Dept of Homeland Security, 842 Virginia Run Cove,Memphis, TN 38122, Phone: (901) 333-1501, Fax: (901) 544-3507.

I suggest using using United States Postal Service ASAP.

Hi, I have learned alot from this forum, thanks to all the good people who have conttributed their thoughts and experiances here ..

I have two qs,

1) i am still waiting for oath letter, is it possible to ask the local field office to schedule ur oath ceremony in earliest possible date even if it is very far from my area? like i live in arkansas, most people get oath in memphis which is one hr drive , but in nashville there will be oath ceremony before memphis...(IF i could ask them to schedule my oath in nashville...)

2) Can lawyers help in scheduling oath ceremony in some other area..

I am going through a hard time... I hope some one could help me just give me ur thoughts n ideas abt that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Write to the District Director for that area and ask them that your oath be done in Nashville instead of Memphis. Or you could write to Mrs. Susan Arroyo, Chief of Staff, Domestic Operations Directorate, USCIS / Dept of Homeland Security, and her address is 20 Massachusetts Ave, NW RM 3112, Washington, DC 20529

OR you can write directly to the: Memphis Field Office (MEM) where the Field Office Director is Diane Campbell, Memphis Field Office Director, USCIS/ Dept of Homeland Security, 842 Virginia Run Cove,Memphis, TN 38122, Phone: (901) 333-1501, Fax: (901) 544-3507.

I suggest using using United States Postal Service ASAP.

Where are all these contact names and tel numbers posted for different DOs? I need to contact the District Office Director since my case is stuck in the oath queue for nearly three months.

AP

Which DO District Director?

Where are all these contact names and tel numbers posted for different DOs? I need to contact the District Office Director since my case is stuck in the oath queue for nearly three months.

AP

DISTRICT FIFTEEN
KANSAS CITY DISTRICT OFFICE (KAN)
District Director: Michael Jaromin
9747 Northwest Conant Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153-1833
Phone: (816) 891-0737
Fax: (816) 891-7006

ST. PAUL FIELD OFFICE (SPM)
Field Office Director: Vacant
2901 Metro Drive, Suite 100
Blomington, MN 55425
Phone: (952) 853-2786
Fax: (612) 313-9035

AP

A related question. Does anyone know if there is penalty if anyone misses their oath date? Is it easily possible to postpone oath by few months if someone is tavelling after interview by making request to them?

Thank you.

No penalty. You can certainly postpone it, once you receive the oath letter and the oath date.-

A related question. Does anyone know if there is penalty if anyone misses their oath date? Is it easily possible to postpone oath by few months if someone is tavelling after interview by making request to them?

Thank you.

No penalty. You can certainly postpone it, once you receive the oath letter and the oath date.-

Thank you for info.

There is possibility that I might be on travel for 4-5 months right after interview. I am hoping it would be easy to postpone oath date by 4-5 months if it came to that.

Thank you for info.

There is possibility that I might be on travel for 4-5 months right after interview. I am hoping it would be easy to postpone oath date by 4-5 months if it came to that.

The way things are with USCIS, me personally, wouldn't postpone anything. But then again if you gotta go, you gotta go.- :D

Rick, good point, I'll do my best to avoid postponing :)

Best of luck and keep us posted. You know, one of the great things of this forum is that everyone has a different situation and perspective, and each one in different parts of the country where USCIS behaves differently.

All of this, of course, provides a lot of feedback with regards to decisions we have to make in regards to the N400 process.- :cool:

hi everybody.
thanks to everybody for sharing their experiences on this site.I am new here and read through many comments and learned a lots of good examples&wishing the good luck to everybody.here is y question;
i have been approved for my citizenship in the middle of last month and waiting for my oath letter but i need to leave due to the overseas assignment and i had to request HOLD for my mails.I learned that LA has ceremonies on 25th aof March and 22th of April.Do you see any issue on that matter?do they also hold mails from government such as USCIS.Any idea will be appreciated.
I also post same thing on LA thred

Yes, they will hold ALL mail. So when you get back, it'll be waiting for you hopefully after you get back in the US.

hi everybody.
thanks to everybody for sharing their experiences on this site.I am new here and read through many comments and learned a lots of good examples&wishing the good luck to everybody.here is y question;
i have been approved for my citizenship in the middle of last month and waiting for my oath letter but i need to leave due to the overseas assignment and i had to request HOLD for my mails.I learned that LA has ceremonies on 25th aof March and 22th of April.Do you see any issue on that matter?do they also hold mails from government such as USCIS.Any idea will be appreciated.
I also post same thing on LA thred

Yes, they will hold ALL mail. So when you get back, it'll be waiting for you hopefully after you get back in the US.

thanks rick for your quick response.now i feel a lot better:)
I also read your posts and belive that you will be receiving your oath very soon since you requested inquiry.pleas post your comments.by the way is it possible to call 1 800 customer service and find out if i would have been schedule for oath time and place.

I am so much grateful for your replies.. All the best to all of u there !

My prayers are with this forum!

You previously indicated that you had interview over 1 year ago and still haven't received oath letter. It may very well be that your oath letter was lost in the mail.

Do this:

Call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283, choose option 1-2-3, tell the agent it's been more than 30 days since you applied and haven't received receipt (don't tell them anything else, including you had interview). The agent will transfer your call to an IO. Tell the IO you haven't received oath letter. The IO will be able to tell if an oath has been scheduled for you. Alternatively, schedule an Infopass appointment to get the same info.

Btw, have you been physically present in the US after your interview?

bobsymth
do you think customer service can tell about when and where oath will take place.I am leaving for 2-3 weeks and requested hold on my mails.by the way i passed the interview last month and waiting for oath

Customer service can't, but they can transfer you to an IO who has access to that information. Call up customer support, tell them it's been more than 30 days since you applied and you haven't received receipt notice (don't mention anything about FP or interview). This will trigger the customer service rep to transfer your call to an IO who will be able to tell you status of oath.

Customer service can't, but they can transfer you to an IO who has access to that information. Call up customer support, tell them it's been more than 30 days since you applied and you haven't received receipt notice (don't mention anything about FP or interview). This will trigger the customer service rep to transfer your call to an IO who will be able to tell you status of oath.

Thanks
you are the man