I have a J2 with D/S on my I-94, waiver granted.Can I adjust my status in US?

locarminati

I am marriage to an lawful permanent resident; I have a J2 with D/S on my I-94, waiver granted.Can I adjust my status in US?
I came to US with my ex-husband with a J2 visa. We got divorced and I got my Waiver for the 2 years requirement back in 2005. My I-94 has a D/S and I never received any letter from any immigration department saying that I should leave the Country, so I am not unlawful, but out-of-status. I got marriage with a greencard holder. If I have an I-130 approved and visa number available, may I be able to adjust my status here in U.S? Thank you.

Hi I am J-2 visa and request waiver base on divorce Do you think they will give me a favorable recommmendation Please share ur experience

I am marriage to an lawful permanent resident; I have a J2 with D/S on my I-94, waiver granted.Can I adjust my status in US?
I came to US with my ex-husband with a J2 visa. We got divorced and I got my Waiver for the 2 years requirement back in 2005. My I-94 has a D/S and I never received any letter from any immigration department saying that I should leave the Country, so I am not unlawful, but out-of-status. I got marriage with a greencard holder. If I have an I-130 approved and visa number available, may I be able to adjust my status here in U.S? Thank you.

You need to talk to a lawyer about the specifics of your case and present all your documentation for a professional opinion before approaching USCIS.