I got the favorable rec. for waiver, how can i apply for aos?

Byram

Registered Users (C)
I had a J-2 visa, I got the Favorable rec. from dos. I am married to a us citizen almost 4 years, i wanna file form i-130 and i -485 but before i got married i was out of status for 3 years.

my questions;

what do i need to do get final waiver from uscis? do i need to file another form after favorable recommendation from dos?

can i file the i-130 without getting the final waiver from uscis? :confused::confused:

do i need to file i-130 and i-485 together, can i file the i-130 first then wait for approval then i-485?

I am almost out of status for 7 years, do i get arrested if i apply? do i need to go immigration court for it?

Get a good lawyer. You should be able to get your GC without major problems, but its not straight forward due to being out of status.

Congra.!

I got it recently. May I ask what kind of paperwork you received for the favorable recommendation, is it a letter or form I-613? Thanks!

Hi,Lizbaius
How much time did it take for you to get the favorable recommendation after your NOC was received by DOS. Please let me know.

It took me to get the faborable recommendation about 25 months, because I was told that my case was based on exceptional hardship.

paperwork I received for the favorable recommendation just a letter which states fav. rec. to uscis.
June 4thDOS approved fav. rec
june 10th get the letter from DOS for fav rec
June 26th USCIS I-797 approval notice received

Hi, Byram
I request you to put details of your waiver process so that others can benefit from it. Everyone may face different difficulties and sharing those will make the way easy for others. This will also build a good will for you. It will take some time for you to put it on paper and post here but it is worth it.

Waiting time for USCIS approval

Dear Byram,

I've been waiting for the USCIS approval notice for almost 2 months after I got the fav. rec. What does the letter say? What is the waiting time?

Thank you,
Wadi

paperwork I received for the favorable recommendation just a letter which states fav. rec. to uscis.
June 4thDOS approved fav. rec
june 10th get the letter from DOS for fav rec
June 26th USCIS I-797 approval notice received