I got some clue regarding Nov case

presbyopia

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Guys: I have some interesting finding sharing with your all.
Look at your RD, ND esp. ND, you will see the ND is the key which INS assign the 057*****---065*****.
Look at my example:

For Kt41: RD:11/14/01
ND:12/07/ EAC-02-057-****

For DDAA2: RD10/31,
ND 12/10. EAC0205953xxx

For 485nh: RD 11/20/2001
ND 12/11/2001 EAC-02-060-55XXX
For amitgreen: RD 11/07/2001
ND 12/17/2001 EAC020655****

One of my friend: RD 12/12 ND about 12/19 EAC02067*****

......... you can compare your case No. to make sure if I am true ..

Therefor, guys, based on my conclusion from above limited data. INS case processing is based on RD orther than ND, that's why we can see 047-059 got approved at same time because all those 0204*-02059 are recd at same month.
BUt according to the info. we collect, INS is due beginniing to deal with NOV case.
Good luck to everyone with American dream!

(BTW, if my analysis is totally wrong, any correction is welcome!)
By my personally assumption: if everything is on the way, INS will dramatically expedite the processing the I485 case with time going on, finally all the case will be approved within less than one year even ten month. Let's pray for that!

I am not following your logic/explanation.

You said " .... because all those 0204*-02059 are recd at same month."
But from the sample you gave us, KT41 and DDAA2's cases were received in different months!

Hello .. am I missing something here?

By the way, we already knew that EAC was based on ND, not RD.

That's what I am trying to say:
unless we see at least two or three guys got approved wtih NOV case. we cann't say INS get started in NOV case offically.
So far we can not make conclusion that INS had already approved NOV case in large scale unless we can search online case that that are some 060, 061...... case come! they are still in the course of clearing cases before NOV.
luckly we can see somebody got ref for NOV case in this forum, I hope to see NOV case very soon! maybe next week ahead!
Good luck all

My RD is 10/31

Forks, my RD is 10/31, it is the same months as others, just don't know why my ND is so late.

november case approved

guys / gals check out the EAC0205754087 case. It is for sure a november case and it is approved in Feb. 2003. Hip Hip Hurrey!
p.s. it is not mine, i just did a random check.

We can't say it's a November RD case based on receipt number as the receipt numbers are based on ND's not RD's.

decoding of EAC

EAC is a function of ND and not RD. All the EAC numbers follow the following format
xx-xxx-xxxxx

XX- refers to the fiscal year (starting from Oct)
XXX- date on which your petition was entered in INS database
( please note that it counts 6 days a week and not 5 days).
XXXXX- serial number of the case.

Example: if the EAC is EAC02-062-xxxxx. it means ND should be Dec 13.
(ie. there are 64 working days, including saturday, between Oct 1 and Dec 13, minus 2 major holidays ( Oct 8 and Oct 22 in year 2001): makes xxx= 64-2=62.)

GCtakingtoolong: you have not provided ND on the web site. check if it is Dec 13, 2001 for you.

Verify this formula with other guys from rupnet or anywhere.
( remember to have a holiday calender of that year with you and count six days a week)

This has been my decoding formula and so far i have not found an anomaly. please let me know if you do.

Question: why there is a variable gap between RD and ND for different people
Answer: No idea ( for some it is 4 days, some 2 weeks and some even 2 months).

decoding the EAC No

Hi, SO far, we should be clear teh EAC no. refer.

I totally agree with REDHEAH's further conclusion.

EAC No is according to the ND other than RD. ND varies because there is some processing delay for whatever reson, that's why we can see there is big different distribution with EAC No. But there is another most important date which we cann't ignore------- priority data which was generated from RD.
Priority date is more one day later than RD, INS will process teh cases following the Priority date, that is why some of us say case processing is based on the RD other than ND.
Hopefully there is no anomaly this time!

Processing bassed on RD or ND???

I always thought they process it based on RD? PD and ND are useless at this time, am I right?

Redhead.. u nailed it..

Now it figures.. my ND is 12/14/2001, but thats one day farther than you figured 12/13/2001 because we forgot Thanksgiving holiday which is 11/27 or something..
And about the gap between RD and ND i heard that INS was moving the mailroom or something during the oct 2001 timeframe, and hence the gap is pretty wide.. usually as i have seen the gap is 2 weeks.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with redhead that XX- refers to the fiscal year (starting from Oct)

but there is too much noise in the data to prove your logic for XXX ie 6working days - holidays

per your theory all RD's should have the same XXX code, this is not true, there is just too much noise in the data to conclusively prove your theory... to many exceptions.

Attached is a csv file for your weekend project, I cleaned it up yesterday on my way home in the T. I suggest that all of us look at it and post conclusions, please note that some ppl may have posted wrong XXX codes eg. 123-45678 etc

AmitGreen:

I did not claim that XXX and RD has any relation. I just showed how ND and XXX in EAC number relate.

Eg: Your ND is Dec 17 ( 67 days, b/w Oct 1 and Dec 17, minus 2 holidays = 65 working days). therefore your EAC is 02065.

whether INS uses RD or ND, I do not know.

Again redhead is rite..

We could come to a conclusion only as to how they give the EAC no.s..
We can't figure out if INS goes by RD or ND..
I mean the range of people handled at a time is very wide(may be bcoz of large no.s of IIOs or may be because they take in whole bunches.. for instant if the first officer takes the first 100 in the order and the second officer takes the second 100, then the 1st, 101st, 201st, 301st would be adjudicated at the same time.. and u would have got an answer to 301 well before you get an answer for 100.. i'm not sayin this is how INS does it, but there is a possibility for all the probability and distribution..)

After understanding the EAC coding

Based on above discussion:
INS is still busy on clearing pre-oct case so far.
NOV case maybe assigned but we cann't any approved case so far!
Hopefully we can see those sprout out next week!

Can't believe that lawyer

He mention 84% denial of AOS I485 Here is the link
http://www.immigration-information.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1891

As far as I know (from so many immigration seminar) the approval rate is about 90-95%. even 100% as long as your status and FP and medical check and birthday /marriage certificate
are correct.

I am very sure the I485 processing will expedite soon!
Keep sharing (post) your news from you and your friend!

Looks like INS need a breakthroough

To Nov Case!
Hopefully We can see the truely approved I485 case showing up next week!

Look up at INS website

Please click on the link below to INS site or read the text below which clearly explains the breakup of case number... I hope this should put all speculations to rest on deciphering Case number

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#D

Given below is the text from INS website....

Your Receipt:
After filing your application and paying your fees, you will receive a receipt number. These receipt numbers are very important. Please use these numbers whenever you write to us about your case, and whenever you contact us to find out about the status of your case.

The numbering system used on receipts has significance.

For most applications filed at a Service Center, your receipt may look like this: LIN 99 001 50001. In this example, the LIN represents the Nebraska Service Center, where the application was initially received into the electronic system. Cases that are filed at or received by another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the designation of the originating Service Center:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC
EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC
SRC= Dallas, Texas or TSC
WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

In the example above:

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken.
The 50001 represents the particular case number.
For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 5, electronic case status information is available (see Finding the Status of Your Case, below). For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 0, you must write to request the status of your case.