I Got J2 To H1b Papers From Uscis..can I Stay Without Stamping

simha2006

Registered Users (C)
hI friends
Before i got some answers. ( Thanks )

Right now iam having J2 to H1B approved papers.
My j2 visa and 2019 are going to expire on july 29 th.
So my question is can i stay here without stamping
and same tme what about my I-94.
if you know pls let me know clealy

Ty
Simha

Right now iam having J2 to H1B approved papers.

What does the above mean? Have you changed status to H-1B? If you have successfully changed status, then you are okay to stay in the US. but if you leave the US, you will need a new H-1 visa to return. If you don't leave the US, you have nothing to worry about.

This is all assuming you have been approved for a change of status. On the start date of your H-1B employment, that's the date that you officially become an H-1B.

Hi fiend
thanks fo reply.
one more thing iam having 2yr hrr
so in ths conditon also can i stay without stamping
plase sed me the answer

Ty
Simha2006

I don't think you understood my previous post.

If you have 2yr HRR then you cannot get H-1B.

Got J2 To H1b Papers From Uscis..can I Stay Without Stamping

Hi
Thanks for reply.
i understand ur answer. but ia having 2 yr HRR.
still the USCSI issued my h1b papers,
so in this issue can i stay or can i go back to stamping before expire my visa ?

ty
Simha2006

Hi
Thanks for reply.
i understand ur answer. but ia having 2 yr HRR.
still the USCSI issued my h1b papers,
so in this issue can i stay or can i go back to stamping before expire my visa ?

ty
Simha2006

If you get approved for H1B and changed your status from J2 to H1B (you are lucky because it is not allowed and you may be not subject for the 2yr HRR to start with, b/c not every J is subject), but I think this is not your point. Now being already approved, do not go outside to get stamp at all and start working with the H1B. If you go, you will be asked to show the waiver or non subject advisory opinion before the consulate give you the stamp.

USCIS does make mistakes and sometimes grants H1B to those who have HRR. Nevertheless, it is you who will be in trouble when it's discovered, not USCIS. You couldn't apply for H1B if you are subject to HRR, but you did it anyway.