I got approved , I am speechless

cider_or,

Congratulations with all my heart! Each approval gives us all HOPE, gets us closer to freedom.

COngratulations, Cider !!

I know how you feel - got approved last year, but still waiting for my wife's and son's approvals. It's one of the best moments in life for the asylees.

It's almost unreal when it comes. Have fun and enjoy your new feature w/o the worries.

Best of luck,

congratulations CIDER i hope it s the end of the waiting for you and get your plastic soon
would you please tell us if they asked you for any proove of evidence or what was the steps before you get approoved?
thanx

thanks maya , for my RFE, they asked me for bibliography form and immunization shots records. that's about it.
good luck

Cider_or,

Congratulations to you and your family.... Wish you smooth sailing on your road to citizenship!!!

Regards,

Time!

One of my friends got approved about 4 months ago (Nov 1999). They gave him his GC stamped on a paper and it's valid till 2005. No plastic card yet.

Thanks RAsylee, quik question,
does the approval letter text looks exactly like the online status text? i am thinking of printing it out and go down to Houston for stamping, is that a bad idea?
thanks

cider_or said:
does the approval letter text looks exactly like the online status text? i am thinking of printing it out and go down to Houston for stamping, is that a bad idea?
thanks

I do not think they would accept that. Just wait a few more days, what is the problem?

bringslite said:
One of my friends got approved about 4 months ago (Nov 1999). They gave him his GC stamped on a paper and it's valid till 2005. No plastic card yet.

Does a person have to go get his GC stamped on paper or his passport when the adjustment is approved? Can he just send his photos by mail and wait for the real plastic card?

The reason I'm asking is because in Los Angeles, the waiting time to get the GC stamped in an INS office is 9 hours.

jackdanie7 said:
Does a person have to go get his GC stamped on paper or his passport when the adjustment is approved? Can he just send his photos by mail and wait for the real plastic card?

The reason I'm asking is because in Los Angeles, the waiting time to get the GC stamped in an INS office is 9 hours.
YOU HAVE TO GO. They need your finger prints and they want to make sureverify your identity. In a time where the nation is threatened by sick terrorists and when many of them can easily use fake id, think of the big mistake the INS may make if they do not verify that you are the right person. Good luck

Hey buddy! Whats the big deal waiting 9 hours? When you have waited more than 5 years. (in some cases 10 years or more).

I used to live in LA and had experience going to that downtown immigration office. If you want to meet immigration officer at 11AM, make sure that you are standing in line at 1AM.

Yes you heard me right. 1 AM
good luck

cider_or,

There is difference in the actual letter and the online information. The letter does include your new status .. AS6 and some other references that are not present on the online statement.

You can go ANYTIME once you receive your letter and it does not affect your citizenship either as once you go to the office and receive your permanent resident card, it should be backstamped one year from the date of actual approval NOT the day you went and get stamped.

This is what the theory says, I am still waiting from my physical card to arrive so will see how it works out.... Best of luck rest of the way....

Regards,

cider_or said:
thanks