I got 5 mails from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO for my wife's 485?

Probably someone from INS just came across a pile of untouched old cases - most of us who got LUDs seem to have PDs current for quite a while and were wondering what's happening - I am hoping that someone just found a bunch of these lost files rotting around somewhere! - Just being optimistic..

From the looks of it, there is no common trend...some of the cases of I-485 are ones which are not even current....some cases seem to be with PD current...

From this observation, I can only say - just some kind of system maintenance or so...
Not the real good news, we all had been hoping for...

But, this brings a good point - that - USCIS should be smarter about processing applications by Priroty Date....they can request FBI to hold back on some of the older applications whose PD are far off....and focus on only those applications with PD being current or soon to be current.....

this way - it would streamline their work effort......Why waste time - processing namecheck for an application with, let's say PD of 2004 (India- EB3) now?

But, I really doubt if USCIS shares the information about PD with FBI - may be it's time they should!

Aakash28 said:
Probably someone from INS just came across a pile of untouched old cases - most of us who got LUDs seem to have PDs current for quite a while and were wondering what's happening - I am hoping that someone just found a bunch of these lost files rotting around somewhere! - Just being optimistic..
I got LUD changes on all my applications. 140/EADs/APs/485 atleast twice this year. Now this one is third LUD on my 485. So cases or not lost.. atleast in my case..
thanks
kk

Got the same email!

Hi!
I am suprised to receive this email too saying processing has resumed on my case. My details are as below:
PD: Sept 2003
140/485 concurrent: Jan 2004
Fingerprinting done: Oct 2004

me too

I received 5 emails for my spouse but none for me. I just applied for 485 few months ago so I am not hoping for anything :)

EB2 (india)
I485/140: June 2006
FP: Aug 2006
EAD/AP: Aug 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes, one would get such emails when the transfer the applications from one service center to another service center, the recipient service center triggers such emails. I got such emails when my I485 was actaully receieved at NSC from TSC..

MDLaborWatch said:
Sometimes, one would get such emails when the transfer the applications from one service center to another service center, the recipient service center triggers such emails. I got such emails when my I485 was actaully receieved at NSC from TSC..

If that's the case would that be good or bad for these cases??

Eaxact Same Message last Dec. 2005 after FP etc.

Guys don't get too excited about this message.
I had this message a while back and I am still stuck in name check.
I140/ I 485 RD Sept. 2005
I140 AD Feb 2006
I485 Waiting for a life time..dammit ..!!

Another thing to consider is they are going to change their website any time now. So all the emails could be coming because of them working on web site update, and the cases are part of them. All is connected, so I am thinking that is the reason for all the updates, and emails, and messages.

I don't understand why I got this today

On June 3, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Has anyone figured out the common factor for these LUDs? Why did these LUDs happened on only our cases and not all the pending cases? When they do a database update etc.. then LUDs are supposed to occur all across - than why only it effected few of us - there must be some common basis..

from CSC, in the same stuff with some variance

Aakash28 said:
Has anyone figured out the common factor for these LUDs? Why did these LUDs happened on only our cases and not all the pending cases? When they do a database update etc.. then LUDs are supposed to occur all across - than why only it effected few of us - there must be some common basis..

Got 3 mails for spouse's case, with 10/30 LUD and same message as others.

No mails for my (primary) case, 10/30 LUD, with this error online:

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

No change on daughter's case

I had also recieved 6 emails 3 from CRIS and 3 from USCIS-CSSO for 140 and both the 485's. I am EB3-India priority date 01-15-2003.

nc

This message is for calmguy
I think they are giving information regarding clearence of your NC.by sending 4/5 Emails.This is confirmed on phone update on 1800......
Pls listen yr phone update,

vitalsystem said:
This message is for calmguy
I think they are giving information regarding clearence of your NC.by sending 4/5 Emails.This is confirmed on phone update on 1800......
Pls listen yr phone update,

Could you please elaborate, My dates are current, PD is Oct 2001, RD is 03/05, fp 08/05 under EB-2 and have been stuck in Namecheck since filing. I got the emails but when I checked the automated phone message as you suggested, it repeats the same message that my application was received blah blah blah(Like with others It had a different message before like, "we responded to your query...."). Did you know this for a fact or were you just guessing...
Thanks
Rekha

Just an optimistic guess - I think that all the cases that have received LUDs are the ones who have been stuck in security checks and now they might have been cleared...