I got 5 mails from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO for my wife's 485?

everybody got mail...

looks like everyone got emails...so may be they were updating software and there was some kind of glitch that sent email...

i did not see even a single person saying they did not get it...so it was just some issue...

everything is same old same old...life sucks...no good news in near future...it has been 4.5 yrs waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

mv1211

I did received 5 email 3 from CRIS and 2 from USCIS.

Guys,

I did received 5 email 3 from CRIS and 2 from USCIS for I485 on 10/28/06. My LUD changed too. But my wife 485 is not touched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All, These LUDs that you had - did they happen only on 10/28/2006 or they haeppned also on 10/27/2006. I made status inquiry on my case back in August 2006 - to which I already receievd a reply that my case is stuck in security checks. But on 10/27/2006 I receievd an LUD on my wife's I-485 without any changes in the online message (no emails received). And on 10/28 I had LUD on my wife's I-485 and strangely enough as well as on my I-129 (H1B) that was approved back 2004. Did anybody got LUDs and their I-129s too? Very weird??

I have noticed that almost all of you guys have cases filed at TSC. But my case is at VSC....Are there any others like me - who have received LUDs on their I-129 and on their wife's I-485 when infact the status inquiry that I made was just for my I-485? No LUDs on my I-485 and no emails either for my wife's LUD, no changes in online messages, and receievd emails for my I-129 LUD which is actullay similar to the one I received back in October 2004 when I did my H1B transfer..

This is really frustrating to all of us... My PD has been current for more than 9 months and I have been anxiously waiting to get out of the security checks balck hole... and these LUDs gave some hope ... but it seems as if this is all just another torture tactics by INS..

ijaffery said:
I think you are right. I only did an inquiry for myself not for my wife so only I received email.

I don't think that esparton interpretation of this is correct as - I did status inquiry for my case and I got LUDs on my wife's I-485 and strangely enough also on my I-129..

But I know that so many of us can't get that lucky at the same time.. and it seems that many of the guys don't even have their PD current.

I did not see any LUD change inspite of Status enquiry last month

I did not have any LUD change. What I interpret these changes is that since USCIS had so many enquiries about finger printing updates that they decided to update those data and hence you are getting so many emails. This is another way of looking at these emails other than the software glitch. I think all of us are concerned about name check and once we have our finger print done and don’t see any change in the LUD call USCIS to check and reading in the forum I thing only those message are updated which come as evidence and not like finger prints which are sent electronically and get updated or the message is waiting to be updated by an officer. So its possible that they are doing it now due to status enquiry.

This is just my opinion :)

Aakash28 said:
I don't think that esparton interpretation of this is correct as - I did status inquiry for my case and I got LUDs on my wife's I-485 and strangely enough also on my I-129..

But I know that so many of us can't get that lucky at the same time.. and it seems that many of the guys don't even have their PD current.

lud changes

kapsy30 said:
Got 6 emails from CRIS 3 for me and 3 for my wife
4 email from USCIS 2 for me and 2 for my wife

and message changed to

On July 6, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or
registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

It used to be the old message before we made enquiry and after enquiry the message was different and it was dated July 2006 not july 2005.

i got the same message except as "On march 22, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or ....."

what i found is that march 22, was a date where they send me back returned mail.
hope it is really approval.
thanks

didoala

"On July 6, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or
registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Same here- mine is July 15, 2006
I use to have this message before I made an inquiry. So I'm back to nothing. My PD is curent for 7 months( there was a mistake). Also I never received any document and the Immigration Officers all the time answered that I'm OK, but waiting for PD to become curent. USCIS fix the mistake with my PD on October 5, 2006.

I got the same email for the i-485 of my wife. I got 3 emails from CRIS. I have not received any email from my case. FYI...My case is stuck in NC/SC since april 05. Any idea?

Also Rec emails from TSC

Guys and Gals,

My wifes case had received a RFE last year and we had gotten emails stating that the USCIS has received the response blah blah (exactly like yours) last year. This is normal because this email is sent when RFEs are received by USCIS. Now the strange part, this morning I got the same emails stating that on April 5th 2005 (original date the RFE was received back by USCIS) the responce to their request blah blah (same email again). When I checked the app online I saw a LUD change on 28th Oct with the same message as in the email. I had put an inquiry on her case when the PDs were current (almost a year ago) and the message prior to yesterday was the generic, "we have received your request and will get back to you blah blah. There has been no change in my LUD. It seems as if someone is going through certain pending cases that either had a RFE or had placed an inquiry for some reason ... they are defenitely looking at RFE cases for sure. Maybe they are pre-adjucating .. or maybe its just one of those stupid unexplainable things .. who knows. It is truly strange though.

I will keep posted on what happens next.

saras

Guys,

I have been observing approvals of folks....and I am resigned to the idea that namecheck takes roughly about 2 years...(toxsci, yoginm 73, kj)....I am hoping in another year I would receive the approval/namecheck clearance...

all these luds seem to be just some kind of routine updates by uscic
---------------------------
PD: Aug 02
ND: Sep 05

getmeone

Getmeone:

You are really an optimistic person to think that they are working on weekends. Most of the people in these forums are of the consensus that they do not work on most weekdays, so it is hard to imagine tham working to update systems on weekend.

I also got the same emails dates 10/28. They refer to my wife's and my 485 applications and refers to things that have happened well over 1 year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 emails

Family and I each got 2 emails on 10/28. Earlier our online message used to be "We responded to your request for information in Feb 2005......", but now it has reverted to a 2003 message. E.g. for me it says "We received your RFE in Dec 2003...". For my family, it changed to the usual notice info, "We received your application in April 2002...."

Aakash28 said:
Hello All, These LUDs that you had - did they happen only on 10/28/2006 or they haeppned also on 10/27/2006. I made status inquiry on my case back in August 2006 - to which I already receievd a reply that my case is stuck in security checks. But on 10/27/2006 I receievd an LUD on my wife's I-485 without any changes in the online message (no emails received). And on 10/28 I had LUD on my wife's I-485 and strangely enough as well as on my I-129 (H1B) that was approved back 2004. Did anybody got LUDs and their I-129s too? Very weird??

I too had LUDs changes on my 485 and on an old H1 application in Aug 05.

Guys,
So these emails either five or four was generated from two different systems. One is CRIS (USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov) and the other one is from USCIS-CSSO (USCIS-CSSO@dhs.gov)
One thing I notice is that you only received an email from CRIS when there is any approval. I had RFE and approvals (for I-140, AP ,...) received an email from CRIS only in case of approval...........

Need some lights on this thoughts..........

I also got 3+2 =5 emails

I got 5 e-mail from USCIS 10/28/06. There is a LUD same day. But no message change.
My wife got LUD too. We did not get any email for my wife's case.
Does it mean anything?
Is it a result of my recent inquiries?

I called USCIS 1-800-375-5283 a couple of weeks ago to check the status of my application. I spoke to VSC. They told me to contact ATL DO for the status of my application.
I called USCIS 1-800-375-5283 again to change the address.
LUD changed on 10/18/06.

The content of the message did not change on mine.

Does this LUD mean something?
or
Is it a result of my phone calls?

ijaffery said:
Guys,
So these emails either five or four was generated from two different systems. One is CRIS (USCIS-SRMT@dhs.gov) and the other one is from USCIS-CSSO (USCIS-CSSO@dhs.gov)
One thing I notice is that you only received an email from CRIS when there is any approval. I had RFE and approvals (for I-140, AP ,...) received an email from CRIS only in case of approval...........

Need some lights on this thoughts..........

You are right. I checked my previous messages. All CRIS messages are approval type messages. I got two messages from CRIS and two from USCIS. Does it give us any hint.

Hi All,

I received 3 emails from CRIS for my wife 485 on 10/28/06. No message change.
No change to My 485. Not sure what is going on ?

I am not an optimistic :) I am a system admin and work most of the weekends so I thought some admin over there may be working :)

ab kya karun said:
Getmeone:

You are really an optimistic person to think that they are working on weekends. Most of the people in these forums are of the consensus that they do not work on most weekdays, so it is hard to imagine tham working to update systems on weekend.

I also got the same emails dates 10/28. They refer to my wife's and my 485 applications and refers to things that have happened well over 1 year ago.