• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I got 2008AF000354xx, please chime-in

RichardFranco

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone!

Amazing forums. Thank you Catseyes and all the others who took the time to post invaluable contributions.

Please comment on my case: I need some guidance.
Here are a few facts and questions.

I am in NYC on a H-1B, with my wife on a H4.
My CN is high (354xx) and only seems to become current in July/ August each year according to past Department of State Visas Bulletins.
I picked AOS in NYC when responding to the KCC but doing an AOS in Aug 2008 seems a rather risky enterprise given the 30-sep-2008 cut-off date.

That leaves CP, to which KCC tells me I can switch just by telling them.

1) Does one also have to wait for his CN to become current before being able to do CP?

2) Where do I get Police Certificates?

Fees are on this D of S page.
  • Immigrant visa application processing fee (per person), Form DS-230 : $355.00
  • Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge for immigrant visa application (per person applying as a result of the lottery program): $375.00
  • Immigrant visa security surcharge, for all IV and DV applicants: $45.00
Total is $355 + $375 + $45 = $775

3) How much do I send per person to the U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program P.O. Box?
4) Is there anything else to pay besides the $775 per person, in the case of AOS in the US and in the case of CP?

When my CN becomes current then I am to call KCC to find out what my appointment date/ time are.
Then show up early/ on time with supporting documents + copy of each.

5) Do I take the I-485 form with me then or must it be sent before-hand: what are the events and in which order do they take place once my CN becomes current?

6) If I do CP in Paris (where I am had been a 30-years resident prior to going to NYC), can my wife's paperwork also be done there at the same time even though she isn't French and has never lived in France?

7) Where do I find a list of physicians I can do the medical examination out of the US?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Does one also have to wait for his CN to become current before being able to do CP?
Yes you have to wait
4) Is there anything else to pay besides the $775 per person, in the case of AOS in the US and in the case of CP?
Think there isa $85 fee for fingerprints

I would not do AOS if your number becomes current very late.

Thank you.

Do you know where to get a Police Certificate?

U get that from whatever country that u have lived in since age 18 i think.
Since u already have h1b visa, u have a good chance of coming back to the states if the immigrant visa does not work out on time.

U get that from whatever country that u have lived in since age 18 i think.
Since u already have h1b visa, u have a good chance of coming back to the states if the immigrant visa does not work out on time.

So go to my local police station to get it?

Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire).

Does it make a difference which country when it comes to the Police Certificate or did you just want to know?

Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire).

Does it make a difference which country when it comes to the Police Certificate or did you just want to know?

i was being nosey. But anyway, u need to figure out how u can get that from cote d'ivoire. And am a little bit mad at y'all as u guys almost got Nigeria out of the nations Cup early:D

For CP, you DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT until your number becomes current to send your documents to KCC. You have to wait until your number becomes current to be scheduled for a CP interview, though.

For CP, you DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT until your number becomes current to send your documents to KCC. You have to wait until your number becomes current to be scheduled for a CP interview, though.

What documents are you referring to?

If you are thinking of the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms, I already sent them to KCC.