I don't like the NEW RTDs

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
I juts got my NEW RTD. Applied May 17th, Receipt date May 24th, Approved September 24th, in hand September 30th. I really dont like these new ones. They are so filmsy and so weird looking. the Green color sticks out like a sore thumb from maybe million miles away.

Oh well at least it doesn't say REFUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE outside the document.

Glad to be able to travel.

Mexican Passport is is almost the same shade of Green which they have used on RTD's. Maybe they want BCIS to know from far away that either we are mexican citizens or Refugees.. ;)

Does the Re-entry permit look like the RTD? if so, what is the difference between the two.
in my recently received RTD, the only place that states refugee is above the picture.

Thanks

It seems like they are processing the RTD's faster

I applied for mine Jan 13th ( receipt notice) and had it in my hands August 27th... That was more than 7 months... The person who created this thread applied end of May and got it by Sep 30...That's 4 months wait..anyway, i also hate the color of the document,but hated even more when I couldn't travel...I just went to Mexico on vacation and it was great.

do u need a visa to go mexico??

asylee22 said:
I applied for mine Jan 13th ( receipt notice) and had it in my hands August 27th... That was more than 7 months... The person who created this thread applied end of May and got it by Sep 30...That's 4 months wait..anyway, i also hate the color of the document,but hated even more when I couldn't travel...I just went to Mexico on vacation and it was great.

When i was applying for my first RTD only a month ago i had no idea that some countries might not accept american RTD. So i mentioned only two countries in my application I-131 as possible third countries where i could meet my family. Now i know that those countries do not recognize RTD.
My question is if i find another country which does accept RTD (with visa or not) and after meeting my family there, will i have any troubles at the entry to US just because i mentioned another countries in my application and then went to completely another one?

Anyone has experience, please? :rolleyes:
P.S. i am a new asylee and new on this forum. I just applied for my first RTD. ;)

For Kelvin 2088 and Asylee25:

Mexico DOES require a visa to RTD holders. I applied for the visa at the Los Angeles Consulate, but the service is caotic and the guy told me it would take at least 2 weeks to be processed, and they'd call me once a decision was made - th eprocess is the same as any other visa: you need to take copy of your RTD, also of credit card statemnts,checking account,etc)
i never got a call from them, and risked to travel WITHOUT a visa. I entered Mexico City without major problems. They are very welcoming with americans and PR's so they took the RTD as an american document- which is true and didn't even mention the lack of visa.
And I would go again without one.

Asylee25- I don't think you will have any problems traveling to any country other than your home country.
I really don't think it matters what you put in the application, INS never mentions thta you HAVE to follow that. Again, they just tell you NOT TO RETURN TO YOUR COUNTRY OF PROSECUTION.

Asylee 22,

thanks for your reply.

Now what bothers me is the fact the neigbouring country i was planning to visit does not recognize RTD. Their Embassy in the US will require my national passport. But asylees can not use their passports, only RTD.

So i guess i will not be able to visit that country. Am i right? :confused:

This all sucks. I could go to another country e.g. in Europe, but then my family most likely will not get visas. :(

I just filed I-730..

i am geting so depressed.. so it's going to take minimum another year(if i am lucky) before i could see my kids again...

Hi CYR

There was no inteview for me to grt RTD.. I don't even think there is one...for that type of application.

Hi guys,I am planning to travel to Japan (Business trip).
Do you guys know if the Japaness accepts RTD?? what about Visa?

Thanks
Gebre