I didn't renew my green card when I turned 14 and now I'm an adult. Need help.

luisr12325

Hi as the titles says, I didn't renew my green card when I turned 14 and now I'm an adult and I've lost the physical copy of my green card long ago. Some added information is my mother had become a citizen before I turned 18 and that's the reason why I didn't renew my green card but when I tried to apply for citizenship I couldn't because I no longer had my green card or my social security card I couldn't prove my legal status

Did you get your green card via Adjustment of Status inside the US, or by entering the US with an immigrant visa? If you entered the US with an immigrant visa, then the immigrant visa, with an entry stamp showing you entered the US with it, is proof of your permanent residency. If you did Adjustment of Status, do you have the I-485 approval notice? Do you have any copies of your old green card? Do you have any other of your immigration paperwork?

You don't need to "apply for citizenship" as you are likely already a US citizen. You just need to be able to prove that citizenship and apply for a US passport and/or a Certificate of Citizenship.

Did you get your green card via Adjustment of Status inside the US, or by entering the US with an immigrant visa? If you entered the US with an immigrant visa, then the immigrant visa, with an entry stamp showing you entered the US with it, is proof of your permanent residency. If you did Adjustment of Status, do you have the I-485 approval notice? Do you have any copies of your old green card? Do you have any other of your immigration paperwork?

You don't need to "apply for citizenship" as you are likely already a US citizen. You just need to be able to prove that citizenship and apply for a US passport and/or a Certificate of Citizenship.
I entered the country with a visa when I was 5 years old me and my entire family entered together with a visa and legal status. I have copies of my green card and I contacted the USCIS and they sent me some paper that looks like some type of registration receipt but I don't think I have a copy of my social security card. I have been living in the U.S. this entire time. Never left other than for a few months when I was younger visiting relatives abroad.

Can I upload the pictures here or would I get in trouble or possibly risk identity theft?
I think it's a i94. They sent it to me through email. It has details about my arrival to the country my status when I arrived, more information like where my final destination was in the United States my parents named and what type of immigrant status I have.

So, you were a permanent resident living with your parents and they naturalised when you were still a minor. Which year was this? If it was after 2000, you are a citizen and need to follow instructions to get a passport, not renew your green card. You can and should also apply for a certificate of citizenship if you can spare the cash but you can do that after you get a passport too.

Yes, I was a permanent resident living with my mother, she had naturalized before I turned 18. This must've been in 2003 when she naturalized. What steps do I take if I don't have a physical copy of my green card what can I use as proof of my eligibility to get my citizenship

So, you were a permanent resident living with your parents and they naturalised when you were still a minor. Which year was this? If it was after 2000, you are a citizen and need to follow instructions to get a passport, not renew your green card. You can and should also apply for a certificate of citizenship if you can spare the cash but you can do that after you get a passport too.
It was in 2005 I just checked my mom's naturalization certificate. I was born in April 1988 so I was 17 at the time. I was still living with her but I never renewed my green card at age 14.