I became a proud US Citizen today

Rahul Kumar said:
Bharatvasiyon,

Bhaut Bhaut Dhanyavad. Aap sab ki ashirvad lekar me citizen kya, president ban javonga.

Not for USA. You know what, you failed your interview, let us reassign your citizenship to me. :D

Not for long mate. If Arnie succeeds as CA gov for long then he might just influence the Congress to begin to ammend the constitution!!

If Sonia can become PM of India and a Desi can become the president of an African country (dunno which!) they why not one of us the President of the US ?

!!hehe!!!

How can Phillydude, who is still a deshi, judge the new US Citizen Rahul in an unlikely interview? Clinton recently said that the law needs to be changed for more than 2 terms for president and Ahnold (!) Schawarznaggar says that other naturalized citizens must be allowed too.

So who knows what is in future? Philly, for NOW, Rahul cannot become president of USAbut check the power of my immigartion God. He is too powerful to be pushed aside!

But hey, Rahul did not say president of USA country. He could be meaning president of the desi citizens association in St. Albans - which he might have already become
:0 LOL

Congratulations, Rahul !!!
You have been a great guy on this forum, and that speaks for you with so many congrats messages to you to share your joy on th same day you posted you are a USC!
Stick around for sometime, you are needed : not only for your contributions to forum but also to fight against any attacks by unwated aliens.

Way to go, Rahul!!! Ya made my day. I am glad to hear you are staying on the forum for awhile - As one of the few females here (I think) I am interesting in hearing all the gossip - like the wedding stuff and a little about the lucky lady. I will raise my glass in a toast to you today!!

WouldBeCitizen said:
How can Phillydude, who is still a deshi, judge the new US Citizen Rahul in an unlikely interview? Clinton recently said that the law needs to be changed for more than 2 terms for president and Ahnold (!) Schawarznaggar says that other naturalized citizens must be allowed too.

So who knows what is in future? Philly, for NOW, Rahul cannot become president of USAbut check the power of my immigartion God. He is too powerful to be pushed aside!

But hey, Rahul did not say president of USA country. He could be meaning president of the desi citizens association in St. Albans - which he might have already become
:0 LOL

Why not? I am not aware of a requirement that a U.S.citizen has to be the interviewer.

Rahul,

I am very happy for you. Your presence on this forum was an assert for me.
I liked your thoughtful comments a lot.
Coincidentally, I received a letter today from the Sen. Boxer's office that said that
my secutrity check was cleared by the USCIS Headquarters (as I told you earlier the FBI finished the name check on August 19, but as of September 3 the clerance was not seen on the computer).

Enjoy your life! Uspehov (as we say in Russian)

My Russian Friend,

благодарность. Все Лучшее к Вам

Transliteration:
spasibo. Vse Luchsheye k Vam

Let me know if I was close or if I screwed it up :D

Congratulations Rahul Kumar.............finally it's all over, huh! You deserve the best because you are the best. :) And good luck for your marriage.

Guys dont worry Rahul will be here on this forum for long time.
I29F
485 adjusment of status
then again N 400 for his Biwi no 1.

good three or four years we will have him.

Kion Rahul? Kiya bolta tu???

Congratulations!!!!!!

Rahul - Congratulations. I have found your postings to be very helpful on the board. Do stick around on the forum. Seeing you guys at the finish line is very encouraging for us, who are still struggling to cope up with the extremely slow process. All the best to you!!!

I applied for my Passport Today at the local passport acceptance facility (Town Hall). Paid $145 (expedited processing) + $27.30 (I had to get stamped USPS Express Mail). Expected in two weeks.I was unaware that I had to get two way overnight labels, I assumed If I paid them they would take care of it... Well ;)

I also got my International Drivers Permit (IDP) from the local AAA office. It took a record 5 minutes to get in and out. USCIS, are you listening ?

hey fine&jadwin
i noticed you said you requested the name check info with fbi...
i am in the same situation, waiting to hear for the name check to be cleared
can you tell me whether you had your interview already, and how long did you wait before you faxed the fbi request? it's been almost 3 months for me, so i am thinking may be i should also request the name check results
thanks,