I applied for N-400 in july 2007 ,I didn't rcv the FP letter HELP!

guguliku

In NY state :
I applied for N-400 in July 27,2007
Aug 2007 Initial letter
Aug 2007-my check was cashed .
I didn't rcv the biometrics letter, no interview letter;
Sep/2008-I called USCIS and I was told to wait another 6 months
03/02/09 -I called USCIS and asked for my biometrics appmnt.The IO was surprised and said that they will answer in 45 days? What's going on ?
Any help will be appreciated.

Wow that is a really long time they are taking with your case,, at this point you should make infopass and go in person to find out what is going on,,, if no answers then follow with lawsuit..

In NY state :
I applied for N-400 in July 27,2007
Aug 2007 Initial letter
Aug 2007-my check was cashed .
I didn't rcv the biometrics letter, no interview letter;
Sep/2008-I called USCIS and I was told to wait another 6 months
03/02/09 -I called USCIS and asked for my biometrics appmnt.The IO was surprised and said that they will answer in 45 days? What's going on ?
Any help will be appreciated.

You waited over one year before inquiring about your case?

guguliku, look at my timeline. Please visit us in the "Lawsuit Sticky". I had done everything I could. Contacted politicians, wrote letters, even letters with please and smiley faces, Infopass ... I was constanly receiving different information. t's when we filed our WOM I got real information. I'm a US Citizen now :)

It's not difficult with the nice people from this forum. We took it in steps and after 3 months it was all done

everyone - I'm sorry I haven't visited for so long. It's been busy season for me. I miss this forum ;)

March 14,2009 I rcvd a letter from USCIS, my application was denied because no show for fingerprint ?! and the denial letter (dated 10/16/2008?) was attached .I didn't rcvd this letter in Oct 2008!
I called USCIS several times and I asked for my application and I was told that my application is in process and I have to check online and to call if my application date will
Infopass scheduled.

Looks like your post office has lost some of your mails. First they lost your FP letter, then the denial letter.

You should not have waited for such a long time before checking with them. Generally, FP will be send out several weeks after the original application.

Not much you can do as of now. Do you have the record every time you call them? What date and what they told you? If you have these, I guess your case might be reopened (I am not sure). Please ask for a lawer or just reapply.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 14,2009 I rcvd a letter from USCIS, my application was denied because no show for fingerprint ?! and the denial letter (dated 10/16/2008?) was attached .I didn't rcvd this letter in Oct 2008!
I called USCIS several times and I asked for my application and I was told that my application is in process and I have to check online and to call if my application date will
Infopass scheduled.

I am very sorry this happened to you :( Lost mail can really mess things up for those of us waiting on USCIS mail.

From the look of things you only hope is to reapply and start over,, ( I say this because I believe if you try to reopen the case you will be charged another 600 or so and it may do no good since they can just tell you that you failed to keep up with your case --Via infopass,, phone calls etc..

best of luck to you if you try again ;)