I am very worried now!

I am very worried now with the I 485 status. From fear, its becoming a panic now.
RD 08/01
ND 09/01
FP 01/03

I think somehow something happened to the 'box' they kept all the files with Jan 03 FPs and its lost or bein ignored for whatever reasons.

Even if they are going by RD/ND days, we can all see that they are approving Nov, Dec RD/NDs now, so that has passed most of our RD/NDs which are mostly June-Sept 01.

This is just an observation. Any comments or suggestions?

no I haven't. I don't even know how to. But even the congressmen will not be able to do anything at this point because according to the website, 485 processing date is July 2001 and I guess Texas INS peopel will not even talk to us if we call the 800 number now right?

I feel like I almost reached the end when all these approvals were coming thru and then my boat sank, since now my RD/NDs are surpassed and Nov/DEC RD/NDs are being approved.

Just hold on. You know there were 2001 approvals right on 2001 too. Like the 2003 ND dates getting approved now.
As soon as the current processing date is past 30 days from your ND, you can insist on a case referral.
Http://thomsas.gov to find out the local congresspersonor use your yellow book.

thank you! but the websit link doesn't work:(
By the way, what is teh process of getting in touch with the local congressman? Do I call any congressman in my State? Do I also call Senator's office or either or? What do I need to tell them in my first call?
Thank y'all!

Originally posted by hmcis
thank you! but the websit link doesn't work:(
By the way, what is teh process of getting in touch with the local congressman? Do I call any congressman in my State? Do I also call Senator's office or either or? What do I need to tell them in my first call?
Thank y'all!

Basically, every congressman/senator will have a point person in their local office who assists people on immigration matters. You can call up your local congressman/senator (try only one initially) and tell them you need assistance with immigration service. They will direct your call to the point person who will work with you to get your details. You will need to send them your 485 receipts/FP receipts etc. Mostly they will do a case referral. Also, there is a dedicated congressional laisonal officer in every service center who answers queries from any congressman's office. This case referral will go to that person. This officer will than get back to your congressman's office and they will (hopefully) get back to you. Usually the congressman won't intervene personally unless you can convice the office of great humanitarian need or other special case.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmcis & Hopeful0820

There is also good links from the AILA.ORG website to your local congressman.

I have contact mine on various occasions. The first time was basically to make sure that my file was not missing. After that they have done a great deal in terms of my RFE, as well as getting some information. I don't bother to phone the NCS number.

I know your frustation, but the congress liaison at TSC is very helpful. They may not be able to expedite things, but they can help in getting information which is otherwise unobtainable through phones.

We are the last bunch of the 2001 filers where TSC messed up with fingerprints, etc. Hang in there, for it will be over soon. A lot of our friends on this board with ND later than ours has been approved, and I am happy for every person that gets approved.

jllag is absolutely right.

It might be helpful to check whether your local congressman or the 2 senators from your state are on immigration subcommittee. Usually those guys(or their offices) have a bigger "punch" because USCIS comes under their domain. If you find that is true, might be more helpful to contact that lawmaker first.

Last edited by a moderator:
its funny how all these messages help us keep our chin up even though we are all losing our hope at some point or other. u guys are great!

RD 05/01/2001
ND 06/18/2001
FP 01/08/2003

Hi hmcis,

Who told you about the Jan 03 finger prints being lost? Is it your guess or did it really happen?

Any way i have contacted the Arizona Senator John McCain, their office contacted TSC and got back to me, and told me that my case is on an officer's desk. This was 2 weeks back. I don't what that damn officer doing with my case. Looks like he is sleeping over my case.

I have also contacted NCSC about two weeks back. They have opened an inquiry, I don't know what they can do about this.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jan FP

Mine was Jan 03 FP. I did not contact any senator.

There is no reason to panic. Having cleared ND till 7/13, they are now clearing dates after 7/13/01.
B

Hi bigking45,

What do you mean by don't panic?

My Rd is 05/01/2001
My Nd is 06/18/2001
My FP is 01/08/2003

My RD and ND are already past. My FP is expiring
in around 2.5 weeks from now. And i did all that i
could do humanly like contacting the senator etc.,

The senator office said that my application is on
the officer's desk, this was 2 weeks back. I don't
what that officer is doing? He is probably on a
vacation. Even the officer is aware of the
congressional interest in my case. I don't know
what that idiot is doing!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

You will be approved soon!

I perfectly understand what krishnakumar, hmcis, hopeful0820, maybesoon are going through. Just see my details at the bottom. I was thoroughly frustrated myself.

But somehow I strongly feel you will be approved soon. I will keep you all in my prayers. I just learnt that true prayer should always be done for other's benefit only.

Good luck.

Stuckintexas

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes. I really appreciate it. I already wrote TSC several letters and contacted my local congressman and senator in CA.

u just made me feel better! Thanks.

I know the day I get approved if I ever do, even b4 I call home to let my mom known about it, I'll let you guys know by posting a message!