I am one of the lucky ones !!!

Khokha

Registered Users (C)
Called VSC AVM around noon and heard the words that I have been waiting to hear forever....fortunately without an RFE....I really feel that I am lucky because RFE would have delayed my case atleast by 5-6 weeks (Name change case).
Details :

PD -> 12/98
RD -> 09/99
ND -> 10/99
FP -> 02/01
RFE-> NONE (VERY FORTUNATE....COMPANY NAME CHANGED!)

AD - 7/24/2001

I almost use to get tempted to call whenever I use to hear "WE RECD. 485 APPLICATION and WE SENT YOU RECEIPT ON SO AND SO DATE.....IT IS TAKING 365-540 DAYS...BLAH..BLAH...BLAH, but controlled myself always, my advise would be not to call VSC unless there is a problem with your case.

Good luck to all who are hanging in there specially RFEd cases. I really feel bad for you guys.

Questions :

1. How long does it take to receive the approval notice ??
2. Do you need to call INS and confirm again (with IIO)...Again temptation of talking to IIO !

Thanks.

No Title

Good point. My company filed proactive ammended I140 in End of May 2001, but I never recd. the receipt for the same. But again I am sure that is something that avoided the RFE. Well sometimes you need good luck to get an IIO who could avoid delays like in my case. IIO could have easily sent an RFE for Employment letter etc.

PS. I never called to link the ammended I140 to my file as mentioned by lot of people on this board.

Thank you Thomas Dev and AmericanDream and Good Luck to you all !

No Title

Hi,

Was there any problem with your 485 application? Why did it take two years for your 485 to clear? I am just curious because VSC is approving 9/2000 ND cases now, while your ND is 10/99.

Can you please repost the question PHIL SPEARS ?

I am sorry Phil Spears but I did not get your question correctly, Can you please repost ?

Thanks

It\'s an EB3 case !!!

My guess is they are processing those cases for EB2 and EB1 Categories. I may be wrong but, I am happy that it got processed in atleast 21 months, I am still to get an approval notice though.

Nope

I have no idea about what happened to my I140, I didn\'t even get a receipt for the same and frankly didn\'t care to ask about it to either LD or INS as the 485 application is approved according to AVM at VSC. Do you think I should call VSC and confirm with an individual IIO about the approval ? Let me know what you think !

No Title

No, you are OK with I485 approval. I was just checking whether the Amend I140 filing helped you by avoiding RFE. Atleast do you know when it was filed?

3rd Week of MAY!

My I 140 was filed in 3rd week of May 2001. I did not get any official confirmation of this from LD. Anyway, as I mentioned in my original message A-I140 might have helped me in avoiding an RFE, but again, My guess is that thinking varies from IIO to IIO. I have seen the cases where A I140 is filed but still RFE is generated.

SO IN SHORT VSC (OR INS) IS VERY UNPREDICTABLE !!!

Is your case pending because of RFE too ?