• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I am new and need ur help!

Registered Users (C)
hello guys my case number is EU 15***. Even i dont have any idea when my interview is, i am trying to get informations about the documents i need to the interview. What i wanted to ask is that i just read that the sponsor has to send me many documents but i wrote an address of an american family where i can stay for a short time and i am not sure that they will send all these documents, if they dont do it can i find a new family? I feel i am lost because the sponsor has to send many of documents about taxes, his work, everything. I am new here and i need ur help. Hope somebody helps me here.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you from a FSU country that requires an affidavit of support? (In general this is not required so I am first trying to see if you are worrying unnecessarily.)

Are you from a FSU country that requires an affidavit of support? (In general this is not required so I am first trying to see if you are worrying unnecessarily.)

I come from Albania and i was surprised when i read it, i really dont know.

Hmm, it seems you do need an I134. Unfortunately you are going to have to hope that this family comes through for you. I'm not sure what you mean about "finding" a new family, no-one is going to file an I134 for someone they don't know. Good luck with this, I hope it works out for you.

Hmm, it seems you do need an I134. Unfortunately you are going to have to hope that this family comes through for you. I'm not sure what you mean about "finding" a new family, no-one is going to file an I134 for someone they don't know. Good luck with this, I hope it works out for you.

Susie, do you have any detail on the need for an I134. Do they ignore/distrust bank statements in those countries?

Susie, do you have any detail on the need for an I134. Do they ignore/distrust bank statements in those countries?

I seem to recall reading something along those lines before. I think I also recall reading that a big problem was people padding their bank accounts with borrowed money to make it through the interview.

thank u for ur answer, this is gonna be hard for me coz i dont have relatives in the us, just friends of my cousin that can help but now i discovered about all these documents that they need and it really made me sad because i dont know if they will help so i was just thinking for another opportunite.

thank u for ur answer, this is gonna be hard for me coz i dont have relatives in the us, just friends of my cousin that can help but now i discovered about all these documents that they need and it really made me sad because i dont know if they will help so i was just thinking for another opportunite.

One thing that you might want to share with them is that regardless of the documents they give you, they are in NO way legally required to support you.

One thing that you might want to share with them is that regardless of the documents they give you, they are in NO way legally required to support you.
yes i know they will not support me but why do they need so many documents like where he works, his salary, if they have paid their tax for the last year.

Because despite what c1984 says (which is true as far as I understand) the form is actually intended to show that they can support you if necessary. This requires that they can show they have the income to do so, and that it is being earned legally and that tax is being paid on it.

Because despite what c1984 says (which is true as far as I understand) the form is actually intended to show that they can support you if necessary. This requires that they can show they have the income to do so, and that it is being earned legally and that tax is being paid on it.

hmm this is so sad, i hope to find a solution. thank u so much

yes i know they will not support me but why do they need so many documents like where he works, his salary, if they have paid their tax for the last year.

Whoever is providing you with an I-134 does not necessarily need to provide so many documents in support of that form, find out if they can provide you with a copy of their W2. The W2 is a very comprehensive form, which is more than enough to support the whatever is written on the I-134

but if he dont have any person there how can help him he can present that he have money for some months no?

For most countries this is the case but there are a few where they require an I134, and it seems Albania is one of them.

And actually looking at the instructions it seems this is a rare case that sm1smom is wrong - a W2 is not sufficient by itself.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/albania/388734/documents/instr-dv-eng.pdf

:) I could be wrong, I admit, we all get to be wrong once in a while :rolleyes:

Technically, the instructions on the I-134 itself actually says a sponsor should submit "evidence (which) should consist of copies of any of the douments listed below that apply to your situation" Evidence to be submitted "in duplicate" copies consist of:

• A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other finacial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:
  • 1. Date A/C opened;
  • 2. Total amount deposited for the past year; and
  • 3. Present balance
  • B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
  • 1. Date and nature of employment
  • Salary paid; and
  • 3. Whether the position is temporary or perrmanent
  • C. If self-employed:
  • 1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or
  • 2. Report of commercial rating concern.
  • D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s)

Interestingly, the list does not mention a W-2. However to the best of my knowledge, most COs/IOs prefer to look at the W-2 becuase it provides a lot more information at a glance. A W-2 is the form that an employer must send to an employee and the IRS at the end of the year. The W-2 form reports an employee's annual wages and the amount of taxes withheld from his or her paycheck. Applicants that were required to submit I-134 (that I'm aware of) have done so with only the sponsor's W-2 and IDs which could be a copy of their govenrment issued ID or passport.

The consulate in Albani is however specific with regards to what they require in support of an I-134 (thanks for providing the link with this information), so my suggestion to the OP is to follow his country specific instructions.

i read it in albanian and yes it mentions W-2, if u have it then u dont need to bring 2 documents, u were right.
:) I could be wrong, I admit, we all get to be wrong once in a while :rolleyes:

Technically, the instructions on the I-134 itself actually says a sponsor should submit "evidence (which) should consist of copies of any of the douments listed below that apply to your situation" Evidence to be submitted "in duplicate" copies consist of:

• A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other finacial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account:
  • 1. Date A/C opened;
  • 2. Total amount deposited for the past year; and
  • 3. Present balance
  • B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing:
  • 1. Date and nature of employment
  • Salary paid; and
  • 3. Whether the position is temporary or perrmanent
  • C. If self-employed:
  • 1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or
  • 2. Report of commercial rating concern.
  • D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s)

Interestingly, the list does not mention a W-2. However to the best of my knowledge, most COs/IOs prefer to look at the W-2 becuase it provides a lot more information at a glance. A W-2 is the form that an employer must send to an employee and the IRS at the end of the year. The W-2 form reports an employee's annual wages and the amount of taxes withheld from his or her paycheck. Applicants that were required to submit I-134 (that I'm aware of) have done so with only the sponsor's W-2 and IDs which could be a copy of their govenrment issued ID or passport.

The consulate in Albani is however specific with regards to what they require in support of an I-134 (thanks for providing the link with this information), so my suggestion to the OP is to follow his country specific instructions.