I am from Norway visiting the US under Visa Waiver Program and need to stay over 90 days

NorwegianGirl

Hello Friends,

I am a citizen of Norway and currently visiting the US. I was granted a 90 day stay and have to leave the US by July 12, 2011. I entered a TV reality program for fun and was selected (no pay) as a participant. They need me to stay until August 25th. The TV station is willing to write a letter to certify that I am one of the participants. I understand that the 90-day is a hard deadline, but considering that this is special situation, is there a way for me to stay pass my 90-day to participate in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? I hope that I don't have to go back home and come back to the US. If I have to, will the POE people allow me to come back so soon?

By the way, instead of going home, can I just fly to Canada or Mexico to stay for a week and come back to the US and get another 90 day?

Thank you

Crossing to Canada or Mexico or the Caribbean will only allow you to return for the remainder of the original 90 days. No extension is allowed.

If the show has any clout, their lawyer can contact the State Department to ask if you can cross the border to be issued an actual B visa. Do not delay.