I-am-firing-my-attorney Letter ! ;)

1victim

Registered Users (C)
Hello everone,

ok, as opposed to asking one of you to suggest me a format/syntax for a letter to USCIS that I dont want my current attorney represent myself, and get a response "go search for it yourself in this forum", I have a proposal and I would like you experts/non-experts throw your opinion(s) at me ! :D

Now notice something very carefully here.. I am trying to avoid giving clues that I have intention to leave my sponsoring employer, which I do, but dont want to complicate matters in one shot. Besides I dont have even couple paychex yet... so why not take it one at a time ???

here :

MyFullName Date: xx/xx/xx.
MyWifeyFullName
Blah st.
BlahTown MA 12345
Daytime Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx ext: yyy
Evening Phone: zzz-zzz-zzzz

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Re: Request to delete attorney’s (Mr. Blah of blahBlah Inc.) representation in your record for I-485 applications – Receipt Numbers: EAC-04-151-XXXXX and EAC-04-151-XXXXX.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to inform that the Attorney Blah of blahBlah Inc., 123 Law St., Boston, MA is no longer representing us on our pending I-485 applications with Receipt Numbers:

1. EAC-04-151-XXXXX (Primary applicant – MyFullName) and
2. EAC-04-151-XXXXX (Derivative applicant – MyWifeyFullName).

Hence, we request you to kindly delete his name from your records and communicate to us directly at our home address: Blah St, BlahTown MA 12345 for all future correspondence regarding our I-485 applications. Enclosed copies of Receipt Notices of the above mentioned cases for your perusal.

We will continue to wait for our approvals and hope this does not slow down processing of our applications. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the above address or telephone numbers.

Sincerely,

[MyFirstName MyLastName, Primary applicant]

[MyWifeysFirstName MyWifeysLastName, Derivative applicant]

Encl:
~ Copy of I-485 Receipt Notice - EAC-04-151-xxxxx.

1victim said:
Hello everone,

ok, as opposed to asking one of you to suggest me a format/syntax for a letter to USCIS that I dont want my current attorney represent myself, and get a response "go search for it yourself in this forum", I have a proposal and I would like you experts/non-experts throw your opinion(s) at me ! :D

Now notice something very carefully here.. I am trying to avoid giving clues that I have intention to leave my sponsoring employer, which I do, but dont want to complicate matters in one shot. Besides I dont have even couple paychex yet... so why not take it one at a time ???

here :

MyFullName
A#
DOB:
Pending I-485 reciept#:

Date: xx/xx/xx.
MyWifeyFullName
Blah st.
BlahTown MA 12345
Daytime Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx ext: yyy
Evening Phone: zzz-zzz-zzzz

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Re: Request to delete attorney’s (Mr. Blah of blahBlah Inc.) representation in your record for I-485 applications( I request you to revoke the G28 form signed by me that was sumited by attorney xyz with my I-485) – Receipt Numbers: EAC-04-151-XXXXX and EAC-04-151-XXXXX.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to inform that the Attorney Blah of blahBlah Inc., 123 Law St., Boston, MA is no longer representing us on our pending I-485 applications with Receipt Numbers:

1. EAC-04-151-XXXXX (Primary applicant – MyFullName) and
2. EAC-04-151-XXXXX (Derivative applicant – MyWifeyFullName).

Hence, we request you to kindly delete his name from your records and communicate to us directly at our home address: Blah St, BlahTown MA 12345 for all future correspondence regarding our I-485 applications. Enclosed copies of Receipt Notices of the above mentioned cases for your perusal.

We will continue to wait for our approvals and hope this does not slow down processing of our applications. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the above address or telephone numbers.

Sincerely,
( signature)
Your Name,
Addreess

[MyFirstName MyLastName, Primary applicant]

[MyWifeysFirstName MyWifeysLastName, Derivative applicant]

Encl:
-------------------- Separate letters for you and your wife, you should sign your letter and she needs to sign her letter , you can send both the letters in same envelope, send through certified return reciept mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove:

We will continue to wait for our approvals and hope this does not slow down processing of our applications.

It will look better.

ginnu,

Very valuable inputs, Thanks. You set an example for everyone to "give" more than they "take" from this forum..

Jharkhandi,
you might be right, I guess I dont want to look like I am complaining of the already "slow" process..

People,

I will very much appreciate, if you just add anything that you think might be even slightly helpful.

Not required, but you may want to send a new G-28 along with. In the section about Attorney, choose "other" and write a short note explaining that u will be representing yourself now, and Mr. Blah is no longer your attorney.

- ab

atlantabhopali said:
Not required, but you may want to send a new G-28 along with. In the section about Attorney, choose "other" and write a short note explaining that u will be representing yourself now, and Mr. Blah is no longer your attorney.

- ab
New G-28 is not required if that above letter is sent. Is this correct gurus?

1victim

form G28 is NOT required if you want to represent your self, FORM G28 is ONLY filed if Lawyer represents you for your immigration matters.

*** out side the envelope write in bold big letters : REVOKING form G28 as Attorney no more represent you for your immigration matters
** keep the copy of letters that you and your wife send to VSC

atlantabhopali said:

- ab

atlantabhopali, I did look at form G-28 earlier but I wasnt sure I could use it to representing myself... but what you say makes sense..

So I called USCIS ( finally succeeded choosing the right permutaion of options to reach an Immigration Officer at their 1-800 number.) She said that I dont need to use form G-28 because I am representing myself.

thanks ya all!

HELP - FP before AC21 ??

Hi all,

On one hand I am happy to say that I got my FingerPrinting letter, on the other I am a little scared what would happen at FP if they find out I had changed my employer.. I have just switched my job and am waiting for to be able to collect atleast 2 paychecks to apply for AC21.

Is this a problem, having not filed an AC21 but switched job by the time I appear for FP appointment ?? Or should I file AC21 asap ? (Even if I did that, I am not sure the USCIS system will have the information like current employer,etc updated in their system by the time I attend the FP.

Any Opinion/advice/fact greatly appreciated.

1victim said:
Hi all,

On one hand I am happy to say that I got my FingerPrinting letter, on the other I am a little scared what would happen at FP if they find out I had changed my employer..
----------FP has nothing to do with your employer change it is just for FBI check if you have any arrest records
I have just switched my job and am waiting for to be able to collect atleast 2 paychecks to apply for AC21.

Is this a problem, having not filed an AC21 but switched job by the time I appear for FP appointment ?? Or should I file AC21 asap ?
---File the AC21 ASAP and send it with certified return reciept mail.

(Even if I did that, I am not sure the USCIS system will have the information like current employer,etc updated in their system by the time I attend the FP.

Any Opinion/advice/fact greatly appreciated.