I Am Finally A Us Citizen

Sessanga Charlesa

Registered Users (C)
Am glad to inform you that as of today I became a US citizen after taking an oath at around 10:30 a.m at sterling hotel in Dallas Tx.

For those who remember me i went thru a lot of huddles during my adjustment of status process from 1998-2004 which had raised a lot of concerns to my co Asylees on this forum at the time.

Because of what i went thru i have been like a guinea pig.

I want to thank all of those who encouraged me during my ordeal and wish you all a speedy process.

My timeline since i applied for citizenship

02/09/07 - RD/PD
03/15/07 - FP done (cleared same day)
04/16/07 - IV ND
06/19/07 - IV done
08/22/07-OATH DATE.
08/22/07-applied for a US passport(expedited)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for your kind words.

All immigration issues are behind me and am proud to say that am American.
For the first time since i came to the US I feel liberated.

Yuuupppppiiiiiii!!!!

Congratulations.

Just one question: Did you return to your COP while a Permanent Resident?
I so, where you asked about it during the interview?

Enjoy your freedom!!!
:D

Yuuupppppiiiiiii!!!!

Congratulations.

Just one question: Did you return to your COP while a Permanent Resident?
I so, where you asked about it during the interview?

Enjoy your freedom!!!
:D

Yes i did return to my COP but was for emergency purpose,yes I included my COP when i filled out N-400.

No the IO did not ask me why i went to my COP,if he did i had all the evidence to back me up.He requested for all my passports though.

Yes i did return to my COP but was for emergency purpose,yes I included my COP when i filled out N-400.

CONGRATULATION Sessanga Charlesa
YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE WITH US citizenship in this forum...wow...i'm so so happy to see someone after asylum,green card etc become american citizen...i'm sure you feel in heaven today
go to celebrate your freedom now you can travel everywhere without stress( just follow the rules of this country and everything is gonna be great in your life)
can i ask you where are you from? are you russian?
my best wishes and happyness....:D

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you but also encouraged to see that it only took you 6 months! If you don't mind me asking, which region did you apply for citizenship in?