• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I am confuse

mahmud

As i know DV lottery confirmation come by postal mail. But Got via email. i am confuse about that is true or not. I posted it here.

DVLOTTERY.STATE.GOV
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
www.dvlottery.state.gov

Dear Winner,

Congratulations, you have been selected as one of the lucky winners on our internet screening machine,DV-2004-2006 USA national visa lottery program. It is my pleasure to congratulate you on your success in the America DV-2004- 2006 VISA LOTTERY GREENCARD which was applied and processed by our agency.

Your visa lottery winner's identity is (*errased) and your serial net visa passport with us (*errased) in this respect, you are directed to forward the following requirements:

l. Your present contact address (for correspondent)
2. Your recent passport photograph :REGULAR MAIL:

You can also send your photo(s) by regular mail. The photo must be between 1 ½ by 1 ½ and 2 by 2 inches (37-50 mm) square, with the applicant?s, spouse's, or child's name printed on the back.

Please mail the photos to:
Immigration Services:
PA/PL, Rm. 3206
U.S. Department of State
2301 C Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20720

Or Preferably, You Scan your passport photograph and send it via email for faster processing. Clearance/acceptance fees ($789.67) Details of requirements: Your present contact address should be forwarded strictly to our receiving email address for correspondent: (dvlottery_state_gov2005@kentucky.usa.com)

Alternatively for faster processing, A scanned copy of your passport photograph should be send via our receiving email address. Clearance/acceptance fees payment ($789.67): we accept Western Union Money Transfer as the only payment method due to some reasons from our past experiences. (credit card is not acceptable, please.) Your western union or other means of money transfer payment information should be forwarded as directed on payment procedures are to be forwarded to the consultant for security reasons as indicated below. (dvimmigrationagent2005@consultant.com)

Your payment confirmation shall be sent to you as soon as clarification is done on your payment. Providing the above requirements will assure you your visa lottery acknowledgement card and visa lottery security code which we shall send to your email address. Important notice :please make sure you report and forward your lottery visa code and acknowledgement card to the USA embassy in individual country for your green card and other necessary claims.

According to the united state code of conduct and constitution Vol.176/866 :Act 690SN guiding all immigration, green card permit agencies if non-response after 21days you receive this message your winner's status shall reveal no interest and we would in response refer your lottery code and acknowledgement card back to the USA government/immigration service center.

We shall be anticipating for your reply soon.

Thanks
MRS NANCY CREG

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Co-ordinator.
KELVIN POWELL
President
Phone Number: +1 775-205-1194
Fax Number: +1 775-205-1195

Note:your respond/reply is strictly recieved on our attached recieving email network for security reasons

Please reply me soon

Thanks

I think this is a SCAM /FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I state this for the following reasons:
1. Government email addresses are always end with "org" and not "com".
2. What has "Kentucky" to do with this visa lottery? It is just a state and immigration is a federal matter!
3. Government agencies always ask one to send photos via MAIL and never E-MAIL!
4. Since mailing in photos leads to issues of fraud, government never asks applicants to mail photos. They always ask the applicants to appear in person at consulates or agency offices, with photos !!

PLEASE CLARIFY THIS WITH THE FBI!
STILL BETTER CALL UP THAT PHONE NUMBER FROM A PUBLIC PHONE AND ASK about the details of this notice. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE out your personal details to random people like these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF THEY start pressurising you, it is certain that it seems to be a fraud.

READ the following links:
===========================
http://dehai.org/archives/dehai_archive/sept-oct04/0066.html
http://www.alb-net.com/pipermail/art-cafe/Week-of-Mon-20041018/005865.html
http://www.419legal.org/pipermail/scamletters_419legal.org/20041118/005099.html

registrationid said:
I state this for the following reasons:

Not to mention the poor grammar / unprofessional feel of the email, e.g. "We shall be anticipating for your reply soon." -- lol.

The 775 area code is apparently for Nevada?

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
A fraud mail

Hi there,

this email is a total fraud SO PLEASE DON'T GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THEM or let's say DON'T REPLY TO THEM.

Total Fraud

I don't think Western Union is an official channel for paying any governmental fees.

Yes, forward this to FBI.

If you are concerned, call up the Visa lottery department and verify the fact.

Sorry,
A mistake in my posting:

1. Government email addresses are always end with "gov" and in very rare cases "org", but not "com"

It's a scam!!! Government NEVER gives you the name of the person + their phone number to contact. The scam is there so that they can collect all your personal info, probably for indentity teft. Forward it to FBI.

Oh yeah, I just realized: they asked you for money transfer - they want your money. You transfer it and they never contact you again. It's a typical scam techinque on ebay.