• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I am a winner dv 2009 in Caracas - Venezuela, but i looked for work in the USA

robediente

Registered Users (C)
I am a winner dv 2009 in Caracas - Venezuela, but i looked for work in the USA, and no company wants to sponsor to me, ask to me that it already has the approved visa, that I can do in this case?

Are you talking about getting a sponsor as in 'affidavit of support'? this can be obtained from someone that you know already in the US-not necessary a company.
Of course if you can get a job offer that would be even better. But normally US companies wont sponsor/hire someone unless:
1. Your skills are defined that nobody else in US can do the job thus they are willing to sponsor you meaning get you a H1B; or
2. You have legal right to live in the US (PR, US citizen or on Working visa)--in this case you dont have it yet.

Many ppl in this forum received a visa then fly to US within 6 months, and only then they start to apply for a job in the US. If I were you, concentrate on your paperworks, save as much as money as you can while doing research on jobs market in the US, then when you get a visa, apply for jobs that you are interested in.

ok, but, how I make to obtain that supplies of work? while I even am in my country of origin and waiting for the interview?

Hi, I wonder if you know exactly the process of DV? I really recommended for you to just concentrate on your paperwork for the time being and work hard in your country so you have lots of saving/money before your interview.

Do NOT worry about obtaining for jobs in the US for now, believe me--the interview is far much more important because you only can get a visa if you are successful during interview.

What is your case number? Are you current this year? or next year?

my case number is 2009SA000008xx , i have work here in caracas, my pay it s 1.500 $ a month, i have a car it s cost a 20.000 $, in my bank i have 15.000 $ .... this is sufficient for my and my wife?

Seems like I can't find a job before I get the immigrant visa ! I want to ask a question ! I also have a car.Can I show my car as my asset ??? :rolleyes:

^^ Yes, it will be tricky to get a job offer at this time. I forgot to say, if you work for US company in your country, you MAY ask for transfer-that's another possibility too. However they would probably wont do anything until they can be sure of your status in USA.

A car can not be consider an asset. If you think about it, the value of a car only goes down and never goes up. Land or house on the other hand is consider an Asset because the value of land will always go up. It will never goes down. This is why asset of house and land can be accepted but not car.

As far as work in the U.S, like Glistenpearls said, getting a job in the U.S without proper work permit is incredibly tricky and hard. Unless you have a profession that is highly demanded in the U.S or you have a high advanced degree like Master or PhD, the chance of getting a job is slim.

I have been looking for jobs in the U.S for years. Eventhough it is only for internship, it was very very difficult. I almost given up. I managed to get several interview or even pre-interview, and the 1st or 2nd question that they always asked me are: "Are you under job visa restriction?", "Are you an international student?", "Are you a U.S Permanent Resident or U.S Citizen?", "Do you required a visa sponsor to work?". I can tell you that as soon as I answered one of these question, they imediately turned down my resume or never called me back.

The most job market for foreigner today is in the IT field. This is where most H1B visa (work visa) are given to foreign workers. This field is highly dominated by Indians. Almost 60-80% of the visa are taken by Indian outsourcing companies. If you have a great knowledge in the IT field like in Software programming or developing, you might want to look the job in this field.

If IT is not your thing, I suguest to wait until you get the DV Visa/Green Card before looking for job. It will be a lot easier and you'll get to choose the job/field that you want to go to. It is very unlikely that you'll get a job by telling the company that you are going to get a Green Card but in the future.

Good luck :)

Gerindo
Thanks for your information ! I also think that it's almost impossible to get job offer from the US if you don't have green card ! It's bad that I can't show my car as my asset ! Fortunately,I have an apartment to show as my asset !

ok, y work a tv producer in my country, at the eeuu it s a great professin, but for me is difficult get a job, i hope that my assets are ok and no need a affidavit of support, i dont know somebody at the eeuu, only have a friend in dc and she have a visa of work, she is not a resident.

properties

A car can not be consider an asset. If you think about it, the value of a car only goes down and never goes up. Land or house on the other hand is consider an Asset because the value of land will always go up. It will never goes down. This is why asset of house and land can be accepted but not car.

As far as work in the U.S, like Glistenpearls said, getting a job in the U.S without proper work permit is incredibly tricky and hard. Unless you have a profession that is highly demanded in the U.S or you have a high advanced degree like Master or PhD, the chance of getting a job is slim.

I have been looking for jobs in the U.S for years. Eventhough it is only for internship, it was very very difficult. I almost given up. I managed to get several interview or even pre-interview, and the 1st or 2nd question that they always asked me are: "Are you under job visa restriction?", "Are you an international student?", "Are you a U.S Permanent Resident or U.S Citizen?", "Do you required a visa sponsor to work?". I can tell you that as soon as I answered one of these question, they imediately turned down my resume or never called me back.

The most job market for foreigner today is in the IT field. This is where most H1B visa (work visa) are given to foreign workers. This field is highly dominated by Indians. Almost 60-80% of the visa are taken by Indian outsourcing companies. If you have a great knowledge in the IT field like in Software programming or developing, you might want to look the job in this field.

If IT is not your thing, I suguest to wait until you get the DV Visa/Green Card before looking for job. It will be a lot easier and you'll get to choose the job/field that you want to go to. It is very unlikely that you'll get a job by telling the company that you are going to get a Green Card but in the future.

Good luck :)

hi all,

using properties such as land or house as a prove of financial support, do one just present the papers for the property or do one need notes from estate valuer of some sort?
please I need clarifications

hi all,

using properties such as land or house as a prove of financial support, do one just present the papers for the property or do one need notes from estate valuer of some sort?
please I need clarifications

I don't think a paper that show you own the property (title of the land or house) would be enough. The consular will not know how much the property worth. You need also paper that show the value of the property.

I disagree. A car is a liquid asset, and is usually the quickest to sell and then you use the money for the move. Now, a lot of ppl don't sell their houses back home, and then they come to the US and cry since they don't have money for living expenses.

The time period between the interview and selling the car is so short, it really doesn't make any sense to say that the car value goes only down.... Not by a lot in 6 months.
The consular officer isn't worried whether the value of your apartment, house or land goes up or down. He/she is only worried about one thing - can you sell it and use the money NOT to be a public charge in the US.

landed properties

I don't think a paper that show you own the property (title of the land or house) would be enough. The consular will not know how much the property worth. You need also paper that show the value of the property.

hi all,

what sort of paper? receipt of purchase or a paper from an estate valuer.
please clarify

Hi,

Is the jewelry considered as asset (diamond, gold..)? If yes, how can I show their values? I have also their certification of purchase.

Thanks

hi all,

what sort of paper? receipt of purchase or a paper from an estate valuer.
please clarify

Paper from a real estate valuer that show your property value will work great. Just bring as many documents as you can that justify the value of the property and the ownership of the property. It will be up to the Consular if they want to accept or denied your property as an asset.

While you still have the time, prepare as many documents as you can. Don't leave the consular any doubt that the property doesn't worth much or doesn't belong to you.

Hi,

Is the jewelry considered as asset (diamond, gold..)? If yes, how can I show their values? I have also their certification of purchase.

Thanks

Oh ! I think you shoud sell your gold and jewelery and save the money to your bank account ! I don't think that the certification of purchase the gold and jewelery doesn't work because it can be immitation.You can give money to the jewelery shop to give you the fake certification of purchase ! Oh,that's just my opinion ! ;)

Oh ! I think you shoud sell your gold and jewelery and save the money to your bank account ! I don't think that the certification of purchase the gold and jewelery doesn't work because it can be immitation.You can give money to the jewelery shop to give you the fake certification of purchase ! Oh,that's just my opinion ! ;)

Well, the thing is that we (My husband and I) have money in our bank account and I think it is enough (16500 USD)..I just thought If I could show my jewelry it could help too..