I-89 Inquiry

kamboi

Registered Users (C)
This gets interesting. So folks you better check on yours as well. Heres' the story:

I do my fingerprints on 6/17/2003. I get stamped on 11/16/2003. IO says I'll get my card in about 9 months. So in two weeks time 9 months are up. In mid July I called the 800 just to inquire what stage my card is. They took the info and said I should be hearing from the within 30 days. So 15 days later (yesterday July 31), I get a letter from the Nebraska Service Center telling me that my application was approved on 11/10/2003 (yeah like I did not kow that), However the HAVE NO record of an I-89 and that I need to contact my local office about that. I just went through the roof. Here I am waiting all this time and now they tell me that they have no record of something they need. If I want to guess correctly the I-89 is the fingerprint portion right?? Anyone correct me. My first inclination is to sue these mofos for incompetence, and then my favorite lawsuit, mental cruelty, restlessness, duress, emotional abuse and such.

They either lost my I-89; whatever that is.
Never sent it all this time; otherwise I would have had my plastic card by now.

I am just at a point where by the time I get my card I will have become eligible for citizeship. This inefficiency has got to stop. It has brought be nothing but stress. Sometimes I wish I never went through all this just to get a plastic card that says Permanent Resident.

kamboi said:
This gets interesting. So folks you better check on yours as well. Heres' the story:

I do my fingerprints on 6/17/2003. I get stamped on 11/16/2003. IO says I'll get my card in about 9 months. So in two weeks time 9 months are up. In mid July I called the 800 just to inquire what stage my card is. They took the info and said I should be hearing from the within 30 days. So 15 days later (yesterday July 31), I get a letter from the Nebraska Service Center telling me that my application was approved on 11/10/2003 (yeah like I did not kow that), However the HAVE NO record of an I-89 and that I need to contact my local office about that. I just went through the roof. Here I am waiting all this time and now they tell me that they have no record of something they need. If I want to guess correctly the I-89 is the fingerprint portion right?? Anyone correct me. My first inclination is to sue these mofos for incompetence, and then my favorite lawsuit, mental cruelty, restlessness, duress, emotional abuse and such.

They either lost my I-89; whatever that is.
Never sent it all this time; otherwise I would have had my plastic card by now.

I am just at a point where by the time I get my card I will have become eligible for citizeship. This inefficiency has got to stop. It has brought be nothing but stress. Sometimes I wish I never went through all this just to get a plastic card that says Permanent Resident.

Take a deep breath and relax. :)

Your card will be date one year before your stamp date, regarless of its actual production date.

Kamboi,

Very intresting. Our time frames are very simmilar. FP in APR 03 and stamping in 11/03. I also have not heard anything after that. Where did you do your stamping? I did mine in Chicago Down Town.

Maybe I should also call this 1-800 number and see what the heck I will get.

Regards,

Here is what I found on the net:
Apparently I-89 is a data collection form that you shoul have filed at the local service center when you filed you Application to replace a permanent resident card...

/********************************************************/
(2) Filing--

(i) Where to file. An I-90 application shall be filed by the applicant with the Service office that has jurisdiction over his or her place of residence, except for those applicants filing an I-90 pursuant to paragraph (b)(6) of this section, who shall file the application with the Director of the Service Center having jurisdiction over his or her place of residence. If the applicant's place of residence is outside the United States and there is no Service office in that foreign country, the application shall be filed by the applicant, in person, at the American Consulate with jurisdiction over his or her place of residence. (Amended 7/1/94; 59 FR 33903)

(ii) Data collection form. An applicant must execute the signature and fingerprint blocks of Form I-89, Data Collection Form, at a Service office when filing an I-90 application. "

RAsylee said:
Kamboi,

Very intresting. Our time frames are very simmilar. FP in APR 03 and stamping in 11/03. I also have not heard anything after that. Where did you do your stamping? I did mine in Chicago Down Town.

Maybe I should also call this 1-800 number and see what the heck I will get.

Regards,

I had my stamping at the san francisco local office.

karina said:
Here is what I found on the net:
Apparently I-89 is a data collection form that you shoul have filed at the local service center when you filed you Application to replace a permanent resident card...

.....but I was not filing to replace my card. This is the first time. I went to adjust my status. I remember very well that i did a fingerprint thing and signed something on both sides of the form that day. I will have to go to the local office and find out where my application is. I am guessing it's one of two things:

1. Application to produce GC has not been sent to NSC.
2. Application is lost.

(2) Filing--

(i) Where to file. An I-90 application shall be filed by the applicant with the Service office that has jurisdiction over his or her place of residence, except for those applicants filing an I-90 pursuant to paragraph (b)(6) of this section, who shall file the application with the Director of the Service Center having jurisdiction over his or her place of residence. If the applicant's place of residence is outside the United States and there is no Service office in that foreign country, the application shall be filed by the applicant, in person, at the American Consulate with jurisdiction over his or her place of residence. (Amended 7/1/94; 59 FR 33903)

(ii) Data collection form. An applicant must execute the signature and fingerprint blocks of Form I-89, Data Collection Form, at a Service office when filing an I-90 application. "

You have to go to your local CIS and show them your I-94 with the stamp that you were given a permanent resident status and tell them what your situation is. The will have to do something about it.

karina said:
You have to go to your local CIS and show them your I-94 with the stamp that you were given a permanent resident status and tell them what your situation is. The will have to do something about it.

Thnaks. I intend on going there this afternoon and raise hell. This is totally unacceptable.

Kamboi,

I am eagerly waiting for your experience in the office ... I hope all went well and you have good news to share....

Regards

RAsylee said:
Kamboi,

I am eagerly waiting for your experience in the office ... I hope all went well and you have good news to share....

Regards

As usual, they gave me the run around. They tried to explain that it's taking at least a year to issue cards and not to worry that my application is locked up until it's time to process.

I did write a nasty letter to the attention of the district director explaining what had happend and asked him/her to interfere and expedite my card. I am waiting to hear back.