i 864 confusion

eabbas

Registered Users (C)
Recently I have gotten married and we have applied the i 130 and received acceptance...waiting on the approval to move forward with the other documentation. Now we are trying to get a step ahead and work on other documents and materials needed. In the meantime i'm really confused about the i 864 and who is in my household for teh application....here is the scenario...I'm divorced with 4 children ...1 child lives with father and it is in the divorce decree that he is primarily responsible for him and I pay no child support and don't claim him on taxes...the three girls live with me and I AM RESPONSIBLE for them and receive a small amount of child support and claim them on my taxes. That said...how many do i include on this.??? Myself, my foreign spouse, my three girls...(now do I also include my son? for a total of 6???) or am I to file with the three girls only making it a total of 5?

I can provide documents stating that I don't pay child support and I don't claim my son as well as he lives soley with my ex husband... I just don't want to do anything wrong I just want my husband here ASAP..

Thanks for anything helpful!
Emmy

Recently I have gotten married and we have applied the i 130 and received acceptance...waiting on the approval to move forward with the other documentation. Now we are trying to get a step ahead and work on other documents and materials needed. In the meantime i'm really confused about the i 864 and who is in my household for teh application....here is the scenario...I'm divorced with 4 children ...1 child lives with father and it is in the divorce decree that he is primarily responsible for him and I pay no child support and don't claim him on taxes...the three girls live with me and I AM RESPONSIBLE for them and receive a small amount of child support and claim them on my taxes. That said...how many do i include on this.??? Myself, my foreign spouse, my three girls...(now do I also include my son? for a total of 6???) or am I to file with the three girls only making it a total of 5?

I can provide documents stating that I don't pay child support and I don't claim my son as well as he lives soley with my ex husband... I just don't want to do anything wrong I just want my husband here ASAP..

Thanks for anything helpful!
Emmy

Your son does not count for your household size on the I-864.

Unless your son who lives apart from you is 18 or older, you will need to include the relevant papers to show that you are not financially responsible for him.

Unless your son who lives apart from you is 18 or older, you will need to include the relevant papers to show that you are not financially responsible for him.

Relevant papers meaning the parenting agreement in the divorce papers correct? I have all of that...he will be 18 on May 5th so it could be that our documents aren't even sent by then ...all depending on the timings of the approvals etc...

and thanks all!! This is what I thought but I can't take any risk...I know you understand.

Yes, I was referring to the custody agreement in the divorce papers.

Are you a US citizen? If not, there will be a long wait and you probably won't need to provide the I-864 until 2012 or 2013.

Yes I'm US citizen born here and parents grandparents etc also born here... and ok thanks I'll include the papers showing this when we file.