I -797

arulraj100

Registered Users (C)
my I -485 has been transfered to local INS office at NEWARK on Sep 25th 2003, they called me for an interview on 20th Nov and the same day my I 485 got approved and I got passport stamping.

Now I am waiting for my GC plastic Card!!

Could you please any one advise me, how to ge I -797 ?

I need to apply my wife GC in India, they are asking I-797.

Congratulations for approval.

I have similar case but 485 is in pending. my spouse is not here too. waiting for approval of 485 so I can file her pettition.

u asked I-797 I belive it is Notice of Action. talk to your attorney. they can guide u better. and share with us the procedure to sponser of spouse, Here I have seen many ppl who have filed thier 485 but don't know what to do next.

Help ppl to share ur experience. so they also can get benift.

Good Luck. and enjoy freedom.

Please do share with us the procedure

P.O.J

Thanks Prince,

I spoke to my attorney, he doesn't know?
I called INS, they told me to file I 824, to get I 797.
If I file I-824 that will take another 15 month.

Is there any way to get I-797 from INS?

P.O.J [/B][/QUOTE]

Hello Raj,

I research the I-824. check the following link.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-824.htm

One more question I am not sure if someone else read this and could share info.

Q1. did u seprately file 485 for spouse? or u include her name with ur pettition?.

I also posted the thread few weeks ago about this situation. not got good response. I will paste the thread link in next reply I have to find it.

anway. to get K / V visa for spouse I learned she have to wait 3+ yrs. that I learned from attorney.... I told attorney this couldn't be because that rule applies the ppl who got PR (GC) and then they got marriage and apply for thier spouse. in my case it is not. I am already includes the depandents (spouse ) in Form I-140 and I-485 so we are in queue. he didn't agree or I feel he don't know I asked him to research about it.

It would be great if somone reading this and share thier experience this willl be helpfull.

I am trying to get some more info about. pls keep in touch .

btw did u checked 824 processing time on UCIS web site?

One of my friend who is citizen sponser his spouse from Pakistan it took more than a year to get visa and then they file her 485 from here

P.O.J