I-765 question

katerinka

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, please, help me with another question. It's #15, current immigration status. I understand that I have to write J-1 exchange visitor under Manner of Last Entry. But after J-1 I was on B-2 visa, which is already expired. What should I write under current immigration status. Please, help me!
Thanks a lot, everyone!

Dear katerinka,

What visa are you on right now? The immigration status depends on what the port of authority stamped on your I-94 incase of a B2 visa and in case of a J-1 I will have to look that up.

Lemme know what visa are you on currently for starters.

Hi Noela!Thanks for helping me out!Well, here is my story. I came as a J-1 student(without 2 year residency requirement). Then I stayed in US, applied for B-2 visa before my J-1 was expired. Then I applied again for another B-2 visa, which I also received. But it expired in 2009. So, I have my first I-94 stamped in Boston, the expiration date says D/S. Then I received two more expiration dates on my I-94 with my B-2s. So, right now I am unfortunately out of status. And I am confused what I need to write down on the forms. The same question with I-485 form, they ask the same question there too. I would appreciate any help with this questions.Thank you!

Write "B2 overstay", or just "out of status". Definitely don't write J1; you gave up J1 status when you switched to B2.

Hi Noela!Thanks for helping me out!Well, here is my story. I came as a J-1 student(without 2 year residency requirement). Then I stayed in US, applied for B-2 visa before my J-1 was expired. Then I applied again for another B-2 visa, which I also received. But it expired in 2009. So, I have my first I-94 stamped in Boston, the expiration date says D/S. Then I received two more expiration dates on my I-94 with my B-2s. So, right now I am unfortunately out of status. And I am confused what I need to write down on the forms. The same question with I-485 form, they ask the same question there too. I would appreciate any help with this questions.Thank you!

Hey!

Thanks for all the info :)

As Jackolantern said, stick to out-of-status without mentioning your J1.

Since you already put down your B2 visa number and your last I94 number, you do not need to write down anymore details as they can check the records out based on this information itself.

All the best!

USCIS will know that you had a J-1 and you need to show them the J-1 visa that says that you are "not subject to INA 212(e) home residency requirement" or that will hold things up at some point. Get it out of the way.

USCIS will know that you had a J-1 and you need to show them the J-1 visa that says that you are "not subject to INA 212(e) home residency requirement" or that will hold things up at some point.

True, but that is a separate issue from the question about her current immigration status, the answer to which is not J-1.

Hi everybody!
I have a question regarding my husband's last name issue. He is a US citizen, so he is filling I-130 for me.He has his stepfather's last name now. But on his birth cetificate he is under his real father's last name. Will it cause any problems with my process? He actually can't find his birth cetificate, as he was moving a lot . Do you think we will need it at all, or his passport would work for everything?
Thank you, guys!

Hi everybody!
I have a question regarding my husband's last name issue. He is a US citizen, so he is filling I-130 for me.He has his stepfather's last name now. But on his birth cetificate he is under his real father's last name. Will it cause any problems with my process? He actually can't find his birth cetificate, as he was moving a lot . Do you think we will need it at all, or his passport would work for everything?
Thank you, guys!

Under the filing instructions for the I-130, if I am not mistaken, they specifically ask for the applicant's birth certificate. He may have to get a copy.

Also, as long as he mentions next to his father's name in the G-325A that it is his step father, USCIS will make the ocnnection and if not they may ask you to submit some kind of documentation to that effect.

I would suggest for his father's name provide the adoption papers and a small letter explaining the situation and put it in the I-130 app.

Just my suggestion...

All the best!

Under the filing instructions for the I-130, if I am not mistaken, they specifically ask for the applicant's birth certificate. He may have to get a copy.

Also, as long as he mentions next to his father's name in the G-325A that it is his step father, USCIS will make the ocnnection and if not they may ask you to submit some kind of documentation to that effect.

I would suggest for his father's name provide the adoption papers and a small letter explaining the situation and put it in the I-130 app.

Just my suggestion...

All the best!

Thank you! We actually thought that we need to put his real father's name on the form. So, now I am confused,do we need to put his stepfather's name on the form?Please, help me

He is supposed to write his biological father's name on the G-325A in the space where it asks for his father's name (unless he was legally adopted).

And he doesn't have to provide his birth certificate if he provides other proof of US citizenship such as his passport. YOU as the immigrant are the one who needs to provide your birth certificate.

Question about G-325a

Hi everybody!
I asked you before about my husband's last name on G-325a form. Now i know that he was legally adopted by his stepfather. So I don't have to write his biological father's last name on the form,right? And I have to send USCIS papers about adoption process?
Also,guys, do I need to add a separate sheet with his biological father's name just in case? The problem why I am worried is that we put his biological fathe's name on our marriage certificate(that's what we were told by a town clerk). Please, help me with any ideas!
Thank you

Also, guys, can you, please, explain to me the way we should file I-864? My husband doesn't meet the poverty line from 2010 tax returns. So, my friend is gonna be my sponsor. What should we file in this situation?just my friend's I864 or my husband has to fill it out also?
Thank you!

Hi everybody!
I asked you before about my husband's last name on G-325a form. Now i know that he was legally adopted by his stepfather. So I don't have to write his biological father's last name on the form,right? And I have to send USCIS papers about adoption process?
Also,guys, do I need to add a separate sheet with his biological father's name just in case? The problem why I am worried is that we put his biological fathe's name on our marriage certificate(that's what we were told by a town clerk).
Did you explain to the town clerk that he was legally adopted? The clerk may have done the wrong thing, and if so it may be possible to get the certificate corrected. Those clerks tend not to be the most highly experienced and knowledgeable people ... after they gain experience, they get promoted!

List his adoptive father on the G-325A, but given the discrepancy with the marriage certificate you should also submit a copy of his adoption paperwork or bring it to the interview and explain the situation.

Yes, he did explain that we was legally adopted(((((so, do you think we should change it on the marriage certificate, or if we send the adoption papers together with the form the should be no problem for now??Can we face any problem somewhere esle if we don't change his father's name on it at all??
Thank you, guys!

You are out of status, so you need to file the I-485 ASAP. So hurry up and send a copy of what you have right now -- the adoption papers and existing marriage certificate. Then work on getting a corrected marriage certificate which you can bring to the interview.