I-765 Eligibility category and I-485 Questions

tparvaiz

I am presently holding a TN visa, and my employer is in the process of obtaining my green card.

The I-140 petition has received approval, and I have now been instructed to complete forms I-485, I-485 Supplement J, I-765, and I-131. I am sharing these details with you in case they are pertinent.

While completing form I-765, specifically on Page 3, Part 2, Item 27 regarding the Eligibility category, my attorney suggested "c 9." I am seeking guidance on whether this is the correct selection.

Your advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I am presently holding a TN visa, and my employer is in the process of obtaining my green card.

The I-140 petition has received approval, and I have now been instructed to complete forms I-485, I-485 Supplement J, I-765, and I-131. I am sharing these details with you in case they are pertinent.

While completing form I-485, specifically on Page 13, Part 8, Item 61 regarding the Public Charge, my attorney suggested "Yes." I am seeking guidance on whether this is the correct selection.

I am the principal applicant, and the attorney suggested "Yes." for my spousal/Children I-485s.

Your advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

You must answer "Yes" for that question on all of your I-485s. Almost all categories of immigrants, including family-based, employment-based, DV, etc. are subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility; only some exceptional categories like refugees and asylees are exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility. See 8 USCIS-PM G.3(B).

Hello,

I am in the process of submitting I-485 for my family. Is it permissible for me to sign the forms (I-485, G28, I-131, I-765) on behalf of my children, who are 17 and 11 years old?

Thank you.

hello,

I am on a TN visa, and my employer is applying for a green card.

Regarding form I-765, on page 2, part 2, item 18a/b requests information about citizenship. I hold both Pakistani and Canadian citizenship. Should I mention both here, or is it sufficient to only say Canadian citizenship?

Thank you.

Hello,

I am in the process of submitting I-485 for my family. Is it permissible for me to sign the forms (I-485, G28, I-131, I-765) on behalf of my children, who are 17 and 11 years old?

Thank you.
Yes you can sign the forms on behalf of your 11 years old (parents can sign for minor children under 14). Your 17 years old needs to sign the forms themself.

p.s. don’t create new threads for every single question you have for this process. Four to five of your threads have been merged into one.

hello,

I am on a TN visa, and my employer is applying for a green card.

Regarding form I-765, on page 2, part 2, item 18a/b requests information about citizenship. I hold both Pakistani and Canadian citizenship. Should I mention both here, or is it sufficient to only say Canadian citizenship?

Thank you.
Mention both.