I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Possible support docs for EAD !!!

jackmate said:
My 2nd EAD approved, and cards are mailed.
E-filled with VSC on Jan 14th. FP done on 02/06/2007, AD 02/07/2007.

Followed all the steps given by the moderator of this thread.

Hi jackmate,
congrats on EAD approval....I will e-file mine in couple of days.
Could you please post the necessory supporting docs required for EAD.
I saw overwhelming list of docs....Please shear them.

regards

Pardon my ignorance! I am new to this. Is the EAD online application only for renewals? Or can it be done also for fresh EADs?

Thanks in advance!

ho_jayega said:
Hi jackmate,

regards

Ap and 245k

hi everybody,
i will apply for 2nd EAD this week, because the one i have will expire in june,my i-485 is pending since april/10/06, i think that am stuck in name check,the problem is that there is a gap (6 weeks) beteween the expiration of my last i-94 and the filling of my i-485, i was waitting of my labor to be approved and my h1b visa was already expired,my lawyer told me that the 245k is covering me.
my question is if i apply now for a Ap, it will be approved? and the isssue is that they will allow me to come back to america when i go outside ????
i really need ure help,thenx
Eb2 non retrog
i485,i140,april/10/06
fing p done in may2006
i140 approved in july12
i485 still pending
rfs: agust06 and nov/06

2nd EAD docs

ho_jayega said:
Hi jackmate,

regards

Couple of week back i applied my 2nd EAD online and i sent the following docs to TSC...

- Copy of the Receipt notice
- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice
- Copy of Current EAD (Front & Back)
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with TSC)
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition
- 2 Pasport Photos

For my wife, i sent the following docs...

- Copy of the Receipt notice
- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice
- Copy of Current EAD (Front & Back)
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with TSC: Derivative Adjustment)
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- 2 Pasport Photos

Hope it helps...

Derivative Applicant (wife) EAD ?

Hi Folks,

I am efiling my wife's (Derivative applicant) EAD for the first time. I went ahead and created login in the USCIS efile system and filled out I-765 application for my wife. Mine is being filed by my company, so I will just be doing my wife's.

My question is - Do I need to do something special or mark anything saying that this is a Derivative applicant and not the primary?

If anyone in similar situation can shed light will be greatly helpful.
thank you

Where to File?

Where should I file for EAD renewal if my application is pending with the district office?

Thanks.

Received the aproval email for EAD renewal ...

Hi guys ,

Today i received an e-mail that my EAD renewal aplication is aproved and processing the the new card ( my 4th EAD ) , i have to wait up to 30 days to receive it , same message that some people got it before also !!!
I've applied E-File on Dec 11 , 06 , and today got aproval email , no RFE's, just strait aproval and i had an LUD on Feb 22nd !!! I hope that everybody will get their aproval soon , and i hope that this one will be my last one , because i think that's enough !!!

Good luck to you all !!! I think that i'll take a break right now , i'm just a little tired of all this process !!!
All the best to all of you !!!

Regards,
ghebauer

Efiled and Sent docs. Question

Hi all, I efiled renewal of EAD/AP and sent supporting docuemnts. Should I expect a Online status LUD change when USCIS receives the supporting documents.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Hi all, I efiled renewal of EAD/AP and sent supporting docuemnts. Should I expect a Online status LUD change when USCIS receives the supporting documents.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes, 99% of the time you will be able to see LUD after they receive your RFE, along with a new message change to say" Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On MM/DD/YYYY , we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our XXXXXXX SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
Good Luck

Hi guys ,

Today i received an e-mail that my EAD renewal aplication is aproved and processing the the new card ( my 4th EAD ) , i have to wait up to 30 days to receive it , same message that some people got it before also !!!
I've applied E-File on Dec 11 , 06 , and today got aproval email , no RFE's, just strait aproval and i had an LUD on Feb 22nd !!! I hope that everybody will get their aproval soon , and i hope that this one will be my last one , because i think that's enough !!!

Good luck to you all !!! I think that i'll take a break right now , i'm just a little tired of all this process !!!
All the best to all of you !!!

Regards,
ghebauer

Hi guys ,
yesterday the card arrive in the mail , probably soon i'll get the aproval notice receipt too !!! And the starting date on the new one , is one day before the current one expires , so i still have about 2 months on the current one !!! I've applied almost 5 months before and got it almost 2 months before the old one expires !!! Good luck to all of you !!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks hossamny for your response.

I sent the documents after renewing online, NOT response of RFE. Can I still expect an LUD?

Fingerprint Appointment

Hi, I applied for EAD and AP online on Feb 23rd. got a receipt for EAD, but havent got any receipt for AP yet.

I am trying to fix an appointment by calling the 800 number. but the customer service people are not aware of any such appointment thru phone.

Can you please let me know what is the option I have to chose after calling the main customer service number.

please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi, I applied for EAD and AP online on Feb 23rd. got a receipt for EAD, but havent got any receipt for AP yet.

I am trying to fix an appointment by calling the 800 number. but the customer service people are not aware of any such appointment thru phone.

Can you please let me know what is the option I have to chose after calling the main customer service number.

please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks for your reply.

For infopass, you can only do it online.
Here is the link: infopass

EAD/AP Fingerprinting Appointment

Thanks for the response.

Can you please give me the number to call the Customer serice for fixing an appointment with the local ASC.

I have the number but I dont know which option to chose to get to the right CSR (department) who does the ASC appointment for Fingerprinting.

Thanks.

E-file or mail

Hi Guys,
I have always been paper filing my EAD renewal request. I am planning to submit another tonight and was just considering whats the advantage with e-File.
My EAD is expiring 6/12 so if i post tonight and reaches NSC by 3/12 ,3/13 and they send me RecieptDate 3/13 then i am covered for the 90 day limit, in the worst case.
However, if there are issues at post office, late delivery, or lost mail then i am i trouble. Right.
If i e-File, i understand that i get the RecieptDate immediately, is this correct. And so my RD will be today 3/9 and i am confirmed that i am within the 90 day limit. Hassle here is going for FP and Photo to ASC.
Can someone please confirm that with e-filing RD is immediate and that counts towards 90 day limit... Thanks in advance.

Hello.

I filed for my third EAD through e-file last week. Followed the procedure described in the first page of this thread. I have few questions:

#1 Do I have to send them the original of the previous EAD mailer or its ok to send just a copy ?

#2 Is there any deadline for sending the supporting documents?

#3 "Online Status of my I485 receipt", my LIN# is currently missing in USCIS website. Is it safe to skip this document?

Here is the error msg that appears when I search for my number.
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

To view the status of a case, please enter the corresponding application receipt number. The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS. It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). Dashes ("-") should be omitted when entering a receipt number. However, all other characters, including asterisks ("*"), can be included if listed on your notice as part of the receipt number. See the FAQs for additional information on this system.

Any help?

It will take 1 day or 2 to update your case.Dont worry. If you dont get any status for 4-5 days then you have to call USCIS.

You can send the supporting documents within 30 days of filing but wait till your case is updated and then call USCIS to check for supporting documents .They will guide you.Dont send anything original unless its asked for . For now send only Copies

Name correction on e-filed EAD application

My first name and last name are swapped on my e-filed EAD application(filed on 12th march). I am yet to send my supporting documents.

What can I do to correct this now?

Will they consider if I send a letter with my documents explaining the same?

Please suggest.

Thank you.

My first name and last name are swapped on my e-filed EAD application(filed on 12th march). I am yet to send my supporting documents.

What can I do to correct this now?

Will they consider if I send a letter with my documents explaining the same?

Please suggest.

Thank you.

Yes, the letter will help, but, also you need to call the 800 # and file a service request for the same issue, they will give you a ref # for your record.
You will receive the FP letter with the wrong name on it even though you called them and wrote a letter!!, but, don't worry, your card will arrive with the correct name on it if you follow these steps above. :)

please clear my confusion

last year when I efiled my EAD case, I had to call the 1800 number to schedule biometrics appointment. But this year in the confirmation receipt notice, it says that BCIS will schedule the appointment!

So we just have to wait for the mailed notice? Or just go ahead and call the 1800 anyways? The 1800 number now doesn't seem to have a direct menu option for scheduling appointments.

Please help me clear this confusion.