I-765 deemed abandoned by USCIS, fingerprint appointment notice never received

TeeDub

My wife and I moved to NYC from Sydney Australia, I was applying for an I-765 EAD on the basis of my L2 Visa on the end of November.

Through what can basically be described as difficulties with USPS we only received my denial notice yesterday, and were informed that the fingerprinting was to take place on Dec. 24th., and that now my application is abandoned.
I know that we can reopen the case, but living here with one income for the past 4 months it is money that I find it hard to afford, the process they describe seems non-committal and from our current experience seems most likely be time-consuming, and will this circumstance now reflect poorly on any future applications?

What do I do?
I have read that you can walk in to an ASC when they aren't busy and get your fingerprints done but does that mean my application process will restart? Can this reverse the verdict that has been placed upon my application?

I have reached out to my local congressperson as well, but any other advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I moved to NYC from Sydney Australia, I was applying for an I-765 EAD on the basis of my L2 Visa on the end of November.

Through what can basically be described as difficulties with USPS we only received my denial notice yesterday, and were informed that the fingerprinting was to take place on Dec. 24th., and that now my application is abandoned.
I know that we can reopen the case, but living here with one income for the past 4 months it is money that I find it hard to afford, the process they describe seems non-committal and from our current experience seems most likely be time-consuming, and will this circumstance now reflect poorly on any future applications?

What do I do?
I have read that you can walk in to an ASC when they aren't busy and get your fingerprints done but does that mean my application process will restart? Can this reverse the verdict that has been placed upon my application?

I have reached out to my local congressperson as well, but any other advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

The easiest thing to do is re-apply online.