I-751 Timeline List

Vegas1x1, could you update the list. I just received my NOA today Sept 11th, with a ND of 09/05/2008. Thanks!!!!

Please add me to the list

Name: FLGrl
I-751 Filed with VCS : 1/16/2008
Biometrics: 2/12/2008
Biometrics taken again because of an error: 3/5/2008
Approved: Still waiting
Transfered From: Texas

Thanks for creating the list!

Last edited by a moderator:
One question of I-751

I have one question, on the form instructions, it says- "answer all questions fully and accurately. State that an item is not applicable with "N/A". IF the answer is none, write "NONE".
If so, for example, for middle name, if i don't have, shall i put "NONE" or just leave it blank.

Also, Mailing address, if different than above.

But my address is same as mailing, can i leave this space blank?

Thanks, friends.

I truly believe that LUCK has a lot to do with it. Of course my I-751 was processed by CSC so I kinda expected the wait would be short but I really feel lucky because it got approved in 86 days, I received that 10 year GC less than a week after that, and wonder of wonders - NO ERRORS!!

I agree the I751 is pretty simple and I'm glad I didn't have to shell out $$ for lawyer's fee. ;):cool:

GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!

I have one question, on the form instructions, it says- "answer all questions fully and accurately. State that an item is not applicable with "N/A". IF the answer is none, write "NONE".
If so, for example, for middle name, if i don't have, shall i put "NONE" or just leave it blank.

Thanks, friends.
music fan,

here an example of the I-751 Form already filled out, take a look at it then you get an idea, just make sure you use the new form and instrutions.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-751.pdf

For the middle name I don't have one, I left the box blank.

Thanks, friends.

I put N/A in the text boxes if they are not applicable. At least thats how I did mine. I did not leave any blank to be consistent.

Moonkid -

Hi moonkid.

I have a question for you . When u applied for I751. Did you apply with a divorce waiver, Means u were divorved when u applied for I-751.
If so did you get approval for the 10 years without interview...
I need to know what did you do exactly
Thanks

Hello Chicagochick

#when you made an info pass appointment at California center,
appointment at California center, did they get to you pretty quickly?

My first appointment date was May 30th.
I made appointment through uscis web site around May 25th or so.
yes it was very easy and quickly.
My local office was Santa Ana CA, and I even was able to made appointment
next day.
But I guess it depends on how busy each local office.
You can go uscis site now and check your local office schedule and
make appointment right away !
(you can search which local office you should go through Zip code on that page too)

At that time, I explained officer I have note received NOA1 or anything, and
ask her to check if they really sent any letters to me or not.
The officer said that no letter was issued to me as of then.
I did not ask her, but she gave me I-551 stamp and told me wait and see for a while.

#why was your NOA never sent? Did they make a mistake? Or did the notices get lost in the mail?
I think they got lost in the mail.
My DMV letter got lost too.
But I heard quite a few other people have same experience too.
USICS said they sent but never recieved letters.

I waited for another one month but still no NOA1 and NOA2, so this time I called 800 number.
The operator said they sent me NOA1 on April and NOA2 on May already....
She said she will send duplicate NOA1.

Then I made second Infopass appointment on July 24th.
I explained to the officer what I was told by 800 number operator other day.
He made appointment biometrics for me right away and I could get bio same day without any problem.
My fingerprint notice NOA2 never came after all.
Although NOA1 duplicate came later.

Chicogochick, if you have time to go to infopass,
I really recommend to do so rather than calling 800 number.
Many people said 800 number is not reliable.
Santa Ana office opens from 7:30Am.

If you have further question, please feel free to ask me again.
That would be my pleasure:)

moonkid

kingofdallas

kingofdallas said:
Hi moonkid.

I have a question for you . When u applied for I751. Did you apply with a divorce waiver, Means u were divorved when u applied for I-751.
If so did you get approval for the 10 years without interview...
I need to know what did you do exactly
Thanks

Hello Kingofdallas,

Yes, my divorce was finalized when I applied for I-751
and got approval without interview too.

here is my timeline.

married to USC :07/01/2006
2 year GC (thourgh Emabassy in Tokyo) :12/03/2006
divorce finalized :02/06/2008
2 year GC expired :12/03/2008

I-751 application Mailed to CSC : 04/08/2008
Application received : 04/09/2008
Check cashed : 04/11/2008
NOA1 : Never came.
NOA2 : Never came either
1st Infopass : 05/30/2008 asked to check my case. They said no letter was issued to me then. Got I-551 stamp
Called 800 number :07/09/2008 They said they sent me NOA1 on April and NOA2 on May...would send me NOA1 duplicate later.

2nd Infopass and
Biometrics done : 07/24/2008. On infopass, officer made appointment for bio, then went to the field office same day.

duplicate NOA1 received :08/04/2008
Card production ordered (Email received on 09/05/2008) : 09/04/2008

and also
here are documents I submitted to prove the marriage entered in good faith.

divorce decree
tax return 2006
tax return 2007
joint appartment lease
joint bank account
joint utility bills (water, electricity)
joint car title
joint car registration
joint car insurance
marriage certificate
dental insurance
11 pictures
copies of cards from friends and family

I was ready for RFE(request for more evidence) and intereview,but after all I did not have to get both of them.

Please feel free to ask me any time if you have further questions.

moonkid

Hi,
My Timeline for I-751 for Vermont Service Centre is as follows:

Applied : 5/23/2008

NOA: 6/6/2008

Biometrics : 6/14/2008

Approved : ????

Please add me to the timeline list.

Thanks

Hi, I filed in early August. Got my NOA on 8/15 and and an appointment for biometrics in early september. I had my bios taken last week on 9/2. And my case is with the california service center.

I was expecting an 8 months wait. But could it really be less like in so many other cases listed in the thread starter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure about that but I would not think it would make a lot of difference. If somebody filed with a lawyer, they can comment.
One of my friend filed with a lawyer and he told me that it took him about same amount of time.

But some of us are luckier than others, not sure how they approve these applications. I checked the other forum and mid april filers are waiting vs june filers getting approvals. Not sure whats going on..

Hi,yakisir,I know that you still waiting as many of us. Sorry!!!!!!!!You know I really don't want to check our thread because I get upset.As you say nobody knows whats going on.I will be leaving September 26 and not coming back till early November.I'm not even expecting to get some news before December as they told me very clearly not to do.But I don't know whats going on with you ,Was thinking you would be getting very soon?

Hi,yakisir,I know that you still waiting as many of us. Sorry!!!!!!!!You know I really don't want to check our thread because I get upset.As you say nobody knows whats going on.I will be leaving September 26 and not coming back till early November.I'm not even expecting to get some news before December as they told me very clearly not to do.But I don't know whats going on with you ,Was thinking you would be getting very soon?

I am still waiting.. No news.. It will be almost 5mths. Hopefully we get some good news soon.. have a safe travel azgirl. Who told you that you should not expect before december?

Good job Vega 1x1

Hi Vega 1x1

I just want to say thank you for doing such a great job to keep this trendy updated.

I hope you can start one for the citizenship application too and am sure it will really be very useful for everyone of us.

I got my actual card in the mail on 9/2/08.

Good luck to everyone

Justnew2

I am still waiting.. No news.. It will be almost 5mths. Hopefully we get some good news soon.. have a safe travel azgirl. Who told you that you should not expect before december?

Thanks,Yakisir.
InAugust we called several times to local office and they told me not to wait for any news before December from VSC.I was concerned about my documents,but they told me if they need more information they will let me know by September that's mean before 6 month completed.But I haven't recieved any note from them,I guess evrything is OK.

infopass dilemma

Hi-

I have attended for infopass today at philly, to get I-551 stamped on my passport and below is my experience. I have to travel to India ASAP as my father is critically ill and need some advice from folks who had travelled with out I-551 stamp

I presented my appointment letter and token number and went to the window were I was called. I explained to the lady who was at the desk regarding my need for I-551 stamp.

She asked for my GC and extension letter browsed through the letter and informed me that I have a valid GC with the extension letter till Jan4 2009.
I reiterated that I need the stamp in my passport as I have travel plans and she mentioned that they cannot issue as I already have enough paperwork to get back into US.
Her take was, as long as I have GC and GC extension notice (NOA) I should not have any problems getting back into US.

thanks

She asked for my GC and extension letter browsed through the letter and informed me that I have a valid GC with the extension letter till Jan4 2009.
I reiterated that I need the stamp in my passport as I have travel plans and she mentioned that they cannot issue as I already have enough paperwork to get back into US.
Her take was, as long as I have GC and GC extension notice (NOA) I should not have any problems getting back into US.

To me what she said is perfectly reasonable and makes sense. You have a valid Green Card albeit conditional with an extension. I-551 stamp would be necessary if your extension had expired. I am no expert and not a lawyer. I have also not traveled either on a CGC+ extension. Please confirm what I have said with a lawyer before you leave. I hope your father all the best and a speedy recovery.