I-751 Timeline List

Hi-

I have attended for infopass today at philly, to get I-551 stamped on my passport and below is my experience. I have to travel to India ASAP as my father is critically ill and need some advice from folks who had travelled with out I-551 stamp

I presented my appointment letter and token number and went to the window were I was called. I explained to the lady who was at the desk regarding my need for I-551 stamp.

She asked for my GC and extension letter browsed through the letter and informed me that I have a valid GC with the extension letter till Jan4 2009.
I reiterated that I need the stamp in my passport as I have travel plans and she mentioned that they cannot issue as I already have enough paperwork to get back into US.
Her take was, as long as I have GC and GC extension notice (NOA) I should not have any problems getting back into US.

thanks

Hi,but I went infopass in August and get a stamp in my pasport without any problem.The man who attended me was very nice checked my expired GC and extension letter and stamped my pasport.
You should not have a problem getting back into US ,I just was some scared.But any way I don't understand why she did not stamp your pasport,it's not a big deal!!!!!! And they do ,and they can issue the stamp!!!!!

To me what she said is perfectly reasonable and makes sense. You have a valid Green Card albeit conditional with an extension. I-551 stamp would be necessary if your extension had expired. I am no expert and not a lawyer. I have also not traveled either on a CGC+ extension. Please confirm what I have said with a lawyer before you leave. I hope your father all the best and a speedy recovery.

Thank you for your kind words!!

I had made the appointment based on my attorney's direction. I am planning to go back again to the field office and try my luck again tomorrow morning.

I wasnt happy with the response the officer gave to me. May be I will have a better service tomorrow.

If I get the same response then I will fly tomorrow night.

I have seen some folks on this forum get their passports stamped with I-551. Not sure what is the correct procedure.

thanks

Hi,but I went infopass in August and get a stamp in my pasport without any problem.The man who attended me was very nice checked my expired GC and extension letter and stamped my pasport.
You should not have a problem getting back into US ,I just was some scared.But any way I don't understand why she did not stamp your pasport,it's not a big deal!!!!!! And they do ,and they can issue the stamp!!!!!

She was just lazy!! She was yawning half the time and was least bother to hear what I had to say..

I have taken other appointment tomorrow, will give another try, probably another officer might be more helpful

My husband and I have a similar situation. His two year GC will expire 11/08. We filed our I-751. We have the extension letter, and just today received the date for biometrics. We plan to travel in July, '09. Does his passport need to be stamped with I-551 stamp?

i-751 timeline

Hello, please include me in this nice list
07/30/08 Mail Form i-751
08/07/08 NOA
08/26/08 ASC appointment letter rec'd
09/11/08 biometrics taken
and the wait now begins.

Yeah...in my case I asked for the stamp at he beginning of filing my I-751, I know some check in points in another countries they want to see the stamp not the extension letter, period.

when I went I did not have any problems...but I have seen people like in your case...it's just annoying. What's the deal with it? it's just a stamp.

Funny part, USCIS can say multiple times "that's enough to enter" when they are NOT the ones to decide which documents you need to re-enter the US. If you go to the CBP website there is nothing about an "extension letter" but they do say the ADIT stamp or green card.

That was a long conversation that I had with several CBP guys when I had several issues when I was using the extension letter. The first two months after the expiration of my card they even did not notice that my GC was expired....then the extension letter, they say why I was using it they want a stamp or a valid GC. I said..."USCIS..." and practically was "USCIS BS.." to them. They are two different agencies and CBP is the one that decide what you use to re-enter not USCIS...they should issue what CBP is asking for.

But I have seen in other airports and check-in airlines that extension is good to go, in other countries I better had the stamp...and I have traveled a lot...and I am glad I carry all the goodies with me. My stamp is valid until Jan09 and my file has been since Dec07-Jan08 taking dust at VSC. I am glad others ordeals are over...but is SO unfair to see people applying in Apr08 in CSC and I am still stuck and my life would be so easier.

Hope you get your stamp.

Hi All,

I just receive an e-mail from my dear friend CRIS that Card production ordered on September 16th.

Mailed 1751 on April 28th
received by USCIS California Center May 1st
BIO Appointment May 30th
September 16th: Card production ordered.

Total 139 Days

I experienced tears of happiness. for a first time.

I wish you all get good news soon.

nonni

congrads nonni!

hope we are next! where did you file initially? where was it transferred from?

Last edited by a moderator:
congrads nonni!

hope we are next! where did you file initially? where was it transferred from?

thanks, Yakisir.

I filed it at CSC. By the way my card production e-mail came about 8:52 AM.
but i never received any other e-mail prior to that.

You know Yakisir, try not to thing about it too much. I know exactly how you feel. I was checking my e-mail constantly, only to see if I am getting any e-mail from CRIS.

i was going through really stressful a few weeks, especially after seeing applications way after my date is getting approved.

But realizing that i cant do anything but waiting, actually helped me to calm down a little bit.

You know realizing what we have is more important that what we don't have.

Health and Time is the two most important things to share with your loved ones.

Wish you the best for all of you.

congratulation

Hi All,

I just receive an e-mail from my dear friend CRIS that Card production ordered on September 16th.

Mailed 1751 on April 28th
received by USCIS California Center May 1st
BIO Appointment May 30th
September 16th: Card production ordered.

Total 139 Days

I experienced tears of happiness. for a first time.

I wish you all get good news soon.

nonni

congratulation !:):p:D nonni

Thanks so much moonkid! I have made an appointment, but the earliest they can see me in the Los Angeles office, is on September 23. So I will head out there soon!

Hi Moonkid, the lawyer said that the biometrics has been scheduled for September 30, 2008. I filed June 16! So it took over 3 months for them to get back to us. Do u know the next steps after biometrics? do u just wait for the greencard in the mail?

Yeah...in my case I asked for the stamp at he beginning of filing my I-751, I know some check in points in another countries they want to see the stamp not the extension letter, period.

when I went I did not have any problems...but I have seen people like in your case...it's just annoying. What's the deal with it? it's just a stamp.

Funny part, USCIS can say multiple times "that's enough to enter" when they are NOT the ones to decide which documents you need to re-enter the US. If you go to the CBP website there is nothing about an "extension letter" but they do say the ADIT stamp or green card.

That was a long conversation that I had with several CBP guys when I had several issues when I was using the extension letter. The first two months after the expiration of my card they even did not notice that my GC was expired....then the extension letter, they say why I was using it they want a stamp or a valid GC. I said..."USCIS..." and practically was "USCIS BS.." to them. They are two different agencies and CBP is the one that decide what you use to re-enter not USCIS...they should issue what CBP is asking for.

But I have seen in other airports and check-in airlines that extension is good to go, in other countries I better had the stamp...and I have traveled a lot...and I am glad I carry all the goodies with me. My stamp is valid until Jan09 and my file has been since Dec07-Jan08 taking dust at VSC. I am glad others ordeals are over...but is SO unfair to see people applying in Apr08 in CSC and I am still stuck and my life would be so easier.

Hope you get your stamp.

Cherr1980-

My Second Infopass experience

I was given the same response from the philly office folks that they cannot stamp my passport with I-551 stamp because I have valid GC with the extension letter.

I have made the travel plans and will proceed accordingly. I hope there will not be an issue while entering into US

GCSA2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Cherr1980-

I have made the travel plans and will proceed accordingly. I hope there will not be an issue while entering into US

GCSA2008

I returned to the US from a vacation with my expired green card, the one-year-extension letter and no passport stamp and it was no problem.

I live in New York .. But i send it to Chicago Center...

06/18/08 01 Sent I130/I131/I765/I485/I693/G325
06/21/08 03 RD

And Nothing else since that date!...

anyone from portland oregon

Hi everyone, anyone here whose field office is Portland,OR and has filed their I-751 and would like to share their experience. I'll appreciate it.:)

vega 1X1,

Thanks for doing a great job with this trendy.

Can we have a similar trendy for the N-400?

Good luck to everyone

vega 1X1,

Thanks for doing a great job with this trendy.

Can we have a similar trendy for the N-400?

Good luck to everyone

I am thinking about it. the problem is with multiple local DO's and how to organize the list. There are a whole bunch around but they are all by local DO's. The only thing I can do is to make a master list. I ll try to get it going soon.........