I-751 Timeline List

Still waiting at VSC

Congratulations to all those at CSC :)

We at VSC are still waiting at VSC. Don't know how long the wait will be.

Is it weird that after almost 3 months, since I submitted my I-751 to California Service Center, I still have not received a biometrics appointment? Does this mean there is a problem? Everyone I looked at in the timeline above, has received their appointment notice, about 6 - 8 weeks after filing? By the way, I moved to California to join my husband (but we filed originally in Chicago, where I used to live when we first got married)...I got the impression that the I-751 was very straightforward, no interviews, no stress. We are still definitely married and submitted A LOT of documents - joint taxes insurance (life, car etc.), pictures etc.

vega1x1 and others on the forum,

I have just been reading this thread regularly but keep missing chance to add my time line to this thread until now...

Code:
I-751 application Mailed to CSC : 04/08/2008
Application received at CSC : 04/09/2008
Check cashed in CSC : 04/11/2008
NOA1 : Never came. First INFOPASS on 05/30/2008 to check my case.
NOA2 : Never came either...call 800 number and made second INFOPASS appointment
Biometrics done : 07/24/2008. Just after INFOPASS then walk-in.
Card production ordered (Email received on 09/05/2008) : 09/04/2008

moonkid..............04/09/2008............// ..............07/24/2008.....................09/04/2008........... N/A *divorce waiver No interview

I make a wish everyone's case is approved as soon as possible !

Hi Moonkid, when you made an info pass appointment at California center, did they get to you pretty quickly? Or did you have to wait a long time? Also, why was your NOA never sent? Did they make a mistake? Or did the notices get lost in the mail?

infopass

Hi Moonkid, when you made an info pass appointment at California center, did they get to you pretty quickly? Or did you have to wait a long time? Also, why was your NOA never sent? Did they make a mistake? Or did the notices get lost in the mail?

Hello Chicagochick

#when you made an info pass appointment at California center,
appointment at California center, did they get to you pretty quickly?

My first appointment date was May 30th.
I made appointment through uscis web site around May 25th or so.
yes it was very easy and quickly.
My local office was Santa Ana CA, and I even was able to made appointment
next day.
But I guess it depends on how busy each local office.
You can go uscis site now and check your local office schedule and
make appointment right away !
(you can search which local office you should go through Zip code on that page too)

At that time, I explained officer I have note received NOA1 or anything, and
ask her to check if they really sent any letters to me or not.
The officer said that no letter was issued to me as of then.
I did not ask her, but she gave me I-551 stamp and told me wait and see for a while.

#why was your NOA never sent? Did they make a mistake? Or did the notices get lost in the mail?
I think they got lost in the mail.
My DMV letter got lost too.
But I heard quite a few other people have same experience too.
USICS said they sent but never recieved letters.

I waited for another one month but still no NOA1 and NOA2, so this time I called 800 number.
The operator said they sent me NOA1 on April and NOA2 on May already....
She said she will send duplicate NOA1.

Then I made second Infopass appointment on July 24th.
I explained to the officer what I was told by 800 number operator other day.
He made appointment biometrics for me right away and I could get bio same day without any problem.
My fingerprint notice NOA2 never came after all.
Although NOA1 duplicate came later.

Chicogochick, if you have time to go to infopass,
I really recommend to do so rather than calling 800 number.
Many people said 800 number is not reliable.
Santa Ana office opens from 7:30Am.

If you have further question, please feel free to ask me again.
That would be my pleasure:)

moonkid

infopass option

Folks I need some help on INFOPASS appointment process. I have I-751 1 year extension (NOA) and would like to get my passport stamped with I-551 I am trying to get an appointment and was wondering which option I need to choose to ensure I get my appointment for my specific need. I believe lot of folks have made appointments at INFOPASS and was wondering how to go about for my specific need

please advice.

thanks

Hello GCSA2008

I made 2 infopass appointments about I-751 and
I chose
*You need Service on a case that has already been filed
two times.
and both of times worked. I got I-551 stamp on 1st appointment.

In my inpression, they dont care very much about information you put online when you make appointment.
Even they did not seem to care appointment time that much.
Since I was stucked security entrance last minuite.
Security guy insisted me to go back to the parking and leave my cell phone with camera inside my car.
but it was already appointment time.
Then security said, time was no problem.
Actually it was...
Santa Ana CA

Hello GCSA2008

I made 2 infopass appointments about I-751 and
I chose
*You need Service on a case that has already been filed
two times.
and both of times worked. I got I-551 stamp on 1st appointment.

In my inpression, they dont care very much about information you put online when you make appointment.
Even they did not seem to care appointment time that much.
Since I was stucked security entrance last minuite.
Security guy insisted me to go back to the parking and leave my cell phone with camera inside my car.
but it was already appointment time.
Then security said, time was no problem.
Actually it was...
Santa Ana CA

Moonkid-

thanks for the encouraging information. Its very helpful..

Got approve August 27 2008

I got approve august 27 2008 still no green card in mail and no approval notice sent only card production order HELP.

I got approve august 27 2008 still no green card in mail and no approval notice sent only card production order HELP.

What does your online status say?

My email that says "Card production ordered" came on Sept 5th. I checked my status online and it says "Card production ordered on Sept 4".

Then an approval notice came in the mail yesterday (Sept 9th). I checked my status and it says "Approval notice sent on Sept 9"

Then at 8:15pm, I received an email saying "Approval notice sent on Sept 9."

It does look like USPS is faster than the USCIS website updates.

I am hoping that the Sept 9th update was when they actually mailed the card and I will receive it today or tomorrow.

I-551 stamp infopass

Moonkid-

thanks for the encouraging information. Its very helpful..

you are very welcome, GCSA2008

That is really my pleasure.

By the way, I saw posts about the I-551 stamp on other forum.
If your GC is already expired, they might take away your GC.
The forum introduced several cases...
some cases they did not take, the other cases they took.
So people of the forum suggested that you'd better make photocopy of your green card before you go to infopass to get I-551.

hey friends, i have one question, did you file 751 yourself or you let lawyer do that? I am hesitating on this now. don't know which way is better?

hey friends, i have one question, did you file 751 yourself or you let lawyer do that? I am hesitating on this now. don't know which way is better?

Do it yourself. Save money. It will be same hassle, not worth to pay to a lawyer. I think most of the people file it by themselves. It is straight forward, follow the instructions, get the documents together, and send it.

noted with thanks! Money isn't an issue, they didn't charge much, i just want to look

for a faster way! Thanks for your reply!

Do it yourself. Save money. It will be same hassle, not worth to pay to a lawyer. I think most of the people file it by themselves. It is straight forward, follow the instructions, get the documents together, and send it.

for a faster way! Thanks for your reply!

I am not sure about that but I would not think it would make a lot of difference. If somebody filed with a lawyer, they can comment.
One of my friend filed with a lawyer and he told me that it took him about same amount of time.

But some of us are luckier than others, not sure how they approve these applications. I checked the other forum and mid april filers are waiting vs june filers getting approvals. Not sure whats going on..

I truly believe that LUCK has a lot to do with it. Of course my I-751 was processed by CSC so I kinda expected the wait would be short but I really feel lucky because it got approved in 86 days, I received that 10 year GC less than a week after that, and wonder of wonders - NO ERRORS!!

I agree the I751 is pretty simple and I'm glad I didn't have to shell out $$ for lawyer's fee. ;):cool:

GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!

Congratulations! I live in LA, where do you live? i mean

if we are in the same service center?

thanks!
Ling

I truly believe that LUCK has a lot to do with it. Of course my I-751 was processed by CSC so I kinda expected the wait would be short but I really feel lucky because it got approved in 86 days, I received that 10 year GC less than a week after that, and wonder of wonders - NO ERRORS!!

I agree the I751 is pretty simple and I'm glad I didn't have to shell out $$ for lawyer's fee. ;):cool:

GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!

Thank you very much! Will do that next week!

May i know how you put all your documents together? i want to show a good presentation. Thanks!

QUOTE=ironica27;1957909]I'm in LA too, sent the I751 package to the Laguna Niguel address :)[/QUOTE]

Hello Chicagochick

#when you made an info pass appointment at California center,
appointment at California center, did they get to you pretty quickly?

My first appointment date was May 30th.
I made appointment through uscis web site around May 25th or so.
yes it was very easy and quickly.
My local office was Santa Ana CA, and I even was able to made appointment
next day.
But I guess it depends on how busy each local office.
You can go uscis site now and check your local office schedule and
make appointment right away !
(you can search which local office you should go through Zip code on that page too)

At that time, I explained officer I have note received NOA1 or anything, and
ask her to check if they really sent any letters to me or not.
The officer said that no letter was issued to me as of then.
I did not ask her, but she gave me I-551 stamp and told me wait and see for a while.

#why was your NOA never sent? Did they make a mistake? Or did the notices get lost in the mail?
I think they got lost in the mail.
My DMV letter got lost too.
But I heard quite a few other people have same experience too.
USICS said they sent but never recieved letters.

I waited for another one month but still no NOA1 and NOA2, so this time I called 800 number.
The operator said they sent me NOA1 on April and NOA2 on May already....
She said she will send duplicate NOA1.

Then I made second Infopass appointment on July 24th.
I explained to the officer what I was told by 800 number operator other day.
He made appointment biometrics for me right away and I could get bio same day without any problem.
My fingerprint notice NOA2 never came after all.
Although NOA1 duplicate came later.

Chicogochick, if you have time to go to infopass,
I really recommend to do so rather than calling 800 number.
Many people said 800 number is not reliable.
Santa Ana office opens from 7:30Am.

If you have further question, please feel free to ask me again.
That would be my pleasure:)

moonkid

Thanks so much moonkid! I have made an appointment, but the earliest they can see me in the Los Angeles office, is on September 23. So I will head out there soon!