I-751 Timeline List

sgsnathan

I think our timelines are pretty close and if am not mistaken your case is being handled by VSC. So Keep in touch and keep me posted about your i-751 progress.

I will keep updating mine as soon as info is available.

You are right. Though I had sent my documents to Mesquite, TX, the check receipt/NOA 1/extension was mailed from Saint Albans, VT. But I already knew that it was forwarded to VT from the check image from my bank's online account. I will keep you posted on what happens next.

Apparently all the I-751 forms are being forwarded to either VSC or CSC. Not sure why they wouldn't update the instruction form accordingly. I guess that is too much to expect from USCIS ;)

I assumed that you got your first GC after many month.BUt I applyed 05/2006 and recieved 08/2006.That was very fast.
This time I sent my I-751 04/2008.
05/09/08 biometrics done.
and I recieved two NOA extention.
I don't know why they sent me two of the same document?!
since then still waiting.

azgirl, do you know if you got both the NOAs from the same service center or 2 different ones? I would speculate that it was forwarded to a different service center if they are different, if not, I think they are just making sure you get at least one NOA :D. That's my 2 cents worth on that!

azgirl, do you know if you got both the NOAs from the same service center or 2 different ones? I would speculate that it was forwarded to a different service center if they are different, if not, I think they are just making sure you get at least one NOA :D. That's my 2 cents worth on that!

you know we sent I-751 04/14.08 to TSC.
then I rfound my case on the line it says that my documents have been sent to VSC 04/16.08.
Really on the envelopes always says TSC neverVSC.

File Transferred to VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

ear USCIS Fellowpeople,
Love

Just a note to inform you that I got an email today saying that on May 28, 2008 my file has been transferred to VERMONT SERVICE CENTER who now has jurisdiction on this case. I shall be hearing from them, in due course of time.

Can any one inform you what this means now? Please oblige, thank you,
Regards,
Piyalove

Got an approval email from CRIS.

Looks like you got it approved with a date of 3/19 though CSC status shows as processing January 2008 currently. The only other Service Center that processes I-751 - VSC is still processing September 2007. Looks like what they have on their processing dates on the website has nothing to do with what really happens. But what else is new!

All from what i know as soon as you are 90 days short of your 3 year anniversary since the time you became permanent resident (conditional for I-751 filers) go ahead and file your N400 for naturalization as in VSC at this time it seems that is the only way out of waiting for I-751 approval. In other words if you have been waiting for I-751 approval for 9 months or more go ahead and file for N400 to get a push on your I-751 approval.

All those of you who have read my other posts and threads will understand what i am saying and why i am saying? It's something that i have learnt while following up my situation. Cannot give any further disclosure as i am not supposed to but hope this hint is good enough to give you an estimate for VSC processing.

Travel Issue

Hello Everyone,

I will file to remove my conditions on Sept 2nd. I am planning to travel outside the country on September 15th. I read that once i filed I-751, my green card is expired. If I have not received my NOA for extension, will I still be safe to use my green card to enter US? Please advise.

Your response is greatly appreciated.Thank you so much

Jessica_tdm

You need NOA to leave the country for re-entry with an expired GC. If you have a Valid GC, I would still suggest to make plans of travel only after receipt of NOA.