I-751 Timeline List

Hey,Yakisir,have you ever travelled with NOA?
I have to travel but i'm so scared.I don't know if in my country they will respect this document or not.Please,if you or anybody have experience about travelling with NOA share with me!
Thanks!

Sent I-751 on april 14 to TSC.
04.16.08 been sent to VSC.
05.09.08 Biometrics done.
05.13.08 recieved NOA
05.21.08 second NOA extention for 1 year.
Still waiting . confused

Hey,Yakisir,have you ever travelled with NOA?
I have to travel but i'm so scared.I don't know if in my country they will respect this document or not.Please,if you or anybody have experience about travelling with NOA share with me!
Thanks!

I have not and I dont want to take risk thats why I am waiting for the card.
I spoke with 2 lawyers and they adviced me to wait for the card first.
On the other forums, I spoke to people who mentioned that people did not have any problems with the extension letter. So, its your decision.
I recommend not to as immigration officer might hold you at the airport.
It would be more helpful if anybody share their experience.

Yes,you are right,neither I would like to take a risk.But getting GC might take more than a year and we have a sick person in my family.I don't know what to do?
You know it would be some strange action if immigration officer hold someone with NOA,then why they would sent this document to everyone.!? My husband called to customer cervices and they say there is no problem travelling with NOA.But anyway is some scary.
Thanks for your information,Yakisir!

Jeez guys...it is safe to go...as long as you carry the proper documentation, amazes me why some lawyers will get their clients so scary. I would suggest if you want to travel, get the stamp in the passport, you should be fine. The worse can happen is that they put you on secondary inspection that is only wait until they verify your identity, that's it.

I have been countless in and out of the country...actually yesterday I went through showing my stamp. I did that, because already several and I asked several CBP agents at the airport and even called the CBP line and they all told me that they strongly encourage to get the stamp...that the letter is given by USCIS and practicaly USCIS can stick it where they want to because the ones who decide what to accept or not are CBP who are not USCIS.

Now that's about RE-entry the US. Your country should accept you since you are the citizen of that country and actually the one who should accept that you have the proper documentation for check in would be the airline, which airline do you travel and where may I asked? Normally they accept the NOA without problem or the stamp. You can call the airline to be sure.

Good luck.

By the way I just have been stop once and that's when I got the stuff about the stamp...but many others (as well in other forums) have been traveling several times solely with the NOA without any problem at all.

My hub is Atlanta.

thanks for the info Cher. Where do you get the stamp? Is there a form you need to submit? thanks.

azgirl - if someone is sick in your family, then I would not think about it and
go. Let us know about your experience.

By the way, these lawyers were just friends and I was not a client of them.
But the information is very valuable when it comes from a lawyer since they have clients and experiences.

Jeez guys...it is safe to go...as long as you carry the proper documentation, amazes me why some lawyers will get their clients so scary. I would suggest if you want to travel, get the stamp in the passport, you should be fine. The worse can happen is that they put you on secondary inspection that is only wait until they verify your identity, that's it.

I have been countless in and out of the country...actually yesterday I went through showing my stamp. I did that, because already several and I asked several CBP agents at the airport and even called the CBP line and they all told me that they strongly encourage to get the stamp...that the letter is given by USCIS and practicaly USCIS can stick it where they want to because the ones who decide what to accept or not are CBP who are not USCIS.

Now that's about RE-entry the US. Your country should accept you since you are the citizen of that country and actually the one who should accept that you have the proper documentation for check in would be the airline, which airline do you travel and where may I asked? Normally they accept the NOA without problem or the stamp. You can call the airline to be sure.

Good luck.

Thanks cher for your info.Yakisir has already made that question where to get the stamp?that's what I would like to know and is there any time limitation staying out of the country?
Sure you may know,I want to fly by American Air Lines from DFW to Paris and destination my country one of the post SOviet countries.
You know why I say if my country would respect this paper ,I think entering wouldn't be aproblem but leaving might be, because I need definitly American visa to leave my country.Thata's the only way and if they don't repect NOA I don't know what's gonna happen?
Anyway I don't want to have any problem at the airport because I have 9 month old baby boy.
Thanks again,for your valuable information.

You must go through INFOPASS, you make a normal appointment and then you explain the situation that you know you have the NOA but the airline already explained to you and your country you required to have a must recognizable proof of residency in the US if not they won't let you go. Your passport must be valid. And don't give away your plastic GC...if they ask for it tell her that you need that to show them that you indeed are a LPR...used all your imagination. Normally they don't take away your plastic card...but there are people who has experienced that at the INFOPASS.

Uhmm AA shouldn't have any problem, they better than anybody (since their big hub in MIA) know way better USCIS rules. Now I don't know how the things are in your country when you exit your passport control...they check if you have visa for US? then that's different. In my country we do have exit passport control but normally they check is that your passport is within the 6 months of validation...not if you can or not enter your country of destination since the one who pay the penalty is you and the airline who carry you.

If really everything is TOO stressy for you, then wait. I would never push for an advice if the person does not feel confident in go for it...you always should be the one who must take the final decision and feel good to take it!

Yes,in my country when I exit ,i definitly need visa in my pasport or GC.
In December 2006 when we traveled to my country when I exit they checked both my pasport and GC.My pasport is valid till 2010.It's not a problem.I think if I have stampin my pasport i will not have aproblem.
The only thing they want to make sure that you have American visa .They might not know about NOA but a visa in your pasport changes the situation.
Or may be I'm wrong ,may be they know about NOA.
Yes,you are very right ,everything is too stressy for me,either way is stressy.
But I will do everything possible to get the stamp in my pasport because you never know how long it might take of getting wonderfull GC.
I appreciate your intent of help.Thanks!

vega1x1,

Please add me to the list. I just received an NOA from the TSC center saying that my conditional residence has been extended for a year and that I should wait until I get the letter for ASC biometric appointment before going in for biometrics or even check my status online as it will have another receipt number. The online copy of check cashed shows Vermont Service Center. I guess that means another year of wait... Oh well!

vega1x1,

Please add me to the list. I just received an NOA from the TSC center saying that my conditional residence has been extended for a year and that I should wait until I get the letter for ASC biometric appointment before going in for biometrics or even check my status online as it will have another receipt number. The online copy of check cashed shows Vermont Service Center. I guess that means another year of wait... Oh well!

Correct your signature it has a date in august....i guess you intended July for your I-751 and NOA

my attorney had sent an inquiry to uscis regarding my application, hopefully they will schedule my interview soon, tired of waiting (either all or nothing)

my attorney had sent an inquiry to uscis regarding my application, hopefully they will schedule my interview soon, tired of waiting (either all or nothing)

I did not understand you,as long as I know you can apply90 day before your card expires but you say you apply in 2007 and your GC expires 07,2008.

My GC has already expired and I have recieved only NOA.

azgirl, I am assuming that NOA you received also extends your conditional residence for another year? That is one thing that kind of threw me off. The NOA I got is basically just saying that they received the money and I can't use the receipt number to look up my case. But the same NOA also says that it extends my conditional residence for another year. The form doesn't even look halfway formal to be carried with me for overseas travel or employment authorization if necessary :)

azgirl, I am assuming that NOA you received also extends your conditional residence for another year? That is one thing that kind of threw me off. The NOA I got is basically just saying that they received the money and I can't use the receipt number to look up my case. But the same NOA also says that it extends my conditional residence for another year. The form doesn't even look halfway formal to be carried with me for overseas travel or employment authorization if necessary :)

I assumed that you got your first GC after many month.BUt I applyed 05/2006 and recieved 08/2006.That was very fast.
This time I sent my I-751 04/2008.
05/09/08 biometrics done.
and I recieved two NOA extention.
I don't know why they sent me two of the same document?!
since then still waiting.

zombie2006, you are right. I guess I am getting old :-D. Thanks for pointing that out.

sgsnathan

I think our timelines are pretty close and if am not mistaken your case is being handled by VSC. So Keep in touch and keep me posted about your i-751 progress.

I will keep updating mine as soon as info is available.