I-751 Timeline List

Hi every one. I have a question. I applyied for I-751 on Dec 14 2007 and They Recieved my application and Cashed the Check on Dec 27 at Vermont Center. I did My finger Print on Feb 04 2008.Since Then I'm Still waiting ....I have Friend of Mine who Applyied to I-751 but his apllication went to California Center Instead of Vermont and He recieved his 10 Green Card. But mine went to Vermont and I'm still waiting.....Does any one know how long It will take to process the aplication? I know now they are processing April 29 of 2007. But this is not fear when CSC are way faster from VSC.... Please any one have an updates?

check the line so you get an idea. Because of a lot of texas/nebraska transfers early last year they went back to processing people who got transfered between Jan 07 to July 07 after getting almost to where I am(Sept 07) for non-transfers. Right now according to some other sites and timelines they are around early Jun 07. Thats not the only problem. They are being VERY VERY slow. after doing a decent job of approving everybody who got transfered between Jan and April last year in about a month or two they went dead. Last couple of months I may have seen maybe 2 approvals. some say because of H1 visas others say its cause of n-400's. either way unless they speed up don't be surprised if somebody at your dates hit early next year before getting approved. around feb march 09 is what I would be looking at and let me tell you I am trying to keep your hopes up here when I say feb march 09. By the way I ll need your NOA1 date to fill in the timeline.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi wifey246,

Welcome back on board,

I think I remembered you back in I-485. Our interview date was the same. Pray we will make it through in this journey once again

Good to see you again :)

Justnew.

Yes, I remember you too. We procrastinated and didn't file for removal of conditions until last week. 2 years ago, I thought that I'd have to wait forever to get to this stage. But time flew by too fast - I guess that's how it is when you're happy. I feel so blessed. I noticed in the forums that there are so many marriages that didn't survive the 2 years.

I can see that you're way ahead of me in this stage. Good for you! I hope you get your 10-year green card soon.

I'll catch up with you next year - After hitting myself in the head for not submitting the I-751 sooner, I promised myself that I'll file for citizenship as soon as i'm eligible.

Good luck!!

My NOA1

I recieved my NOA on Jan 07/2008...

Can you Please Menthion the Service Center on Table (Where the File when to?).....

And what is the other Blogs where you find that VSC are now approving Jun 2007...I would like to check with them also.....

Thanks

Vermont Center is taking 13 months to approve a case? Maybe instead of getting USCIS to focus on naturalization, they should get somebody to work on 751's too.

If they don't speed this up, do we have the right to apply for naturalization before the conditions on the GC are removed?

Please add me to the list.

Thanks

Removing Conditions:
5/09/08 : 90-day window opens
6/14/09 : Mailed I-751
6/16/08 : I-751 received at CSC
6/19/08 : Check Cashed
6/20/08 : Received NOA1 (dated 6/16/08)
6/25/08 : Biometrics notice received (dated 6/20/08)
7/09/08 : Biometrics appointment

First of all thanks to all the people supporting this forum.. provides quite helpful information.

Now, the point of concern..... i applied for my I-751 in last week of Oct. 2007 or first week of Nov. 2007 to Vermont Service center. The center sent me a NOA which states receipt date of Nov. 13 and Notice date of Nov. 15 2007, respectively. After receiving this notice, i moved from the address on file, in the same state and changed my information via online AR-11; In addition, i also called the 1-800 number to verify my address change. (called - Feb 2008)

My question is that NOA states that i should receive a letter of appointment for my Biometric processing, which i have not received till today? Should this be of a concern.... do you usually get your Biometric and interview letter together? :confused:

Per my conversation with the customer rep on the 1-800 line i was asked to wait since the VSC was still processing Feb 2007 petitions at that time.

Thanks

congrats smartspider!
speedbird and koolfellow_4u added

Koolfellow_4U I added you with appx numbers cause you did not give us the exact dates. I would check for the Biometrics appointment Immediately!!!!. My own BIO appt was sent to the wrong appt number in the same building even though they had the right address!. thank God for the neigbour who didn't toss it in the garbage and brought it over. I can bet you thats what happened. they mailed it to your old address. I would NEVER recommend changing of address during the processing of this stuff. it almost always causes problems. dont believe the 1-800 guys. they are there to get you of the phone not to help u. instead of calling, take an appt and visit your local office. They are slow but the part that is slow is the approval process after the BIO. BIO's are being done in a fairly decent time. look at the timeline and you will get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
vega1x1, thanks for some advice.. i will follow up on my Biometrics letter... by the way, i filed my I-751 application on Nov 3rd 2007 and received a notice date of Nov 13th which extends my GC for 1 year.... just thought u should know so that u can update your timeline.

Lastly, does USCIS take your fingerprints twice... i already gave a set of fingerprints when i r'cvd my work Auth..... just thought i should check

Thanks

Vega, a person from Sep07 at VSC got approved in visajourney just to let you know.
In another points...I refiled today my new I-751 with divorce waiver. I will let you know my outcome of NOA's and so on...so you can add me (twice) with an asteric or something or a DW (for divorce waiver). I am very tired, today has been a long day for me.

yeah same day filer too. we will see how it goes. they freakin got it all mixed up. quite a jump too. thanks for the info.
Let me know about the changes and we will figure some way out to update the list.

Question on I-751

Hello,
I have a question. When I see the timelines in VJ website. So people has got thier Permanent GC without attending the interview. Do you think interview is not needed for removal of conditions?

Thanks

I have not heard of anybody being called for an interview in recent memory. I think they call randomly, its not a requirement. specially these days with how busy they are, we would be waiting for another 3 years before the interview call comes if that was the case.

It can happen...but it's done more randomly than other thing. And agree with Vega...haven't heard of one in a while...the last two are due to waiver, that's it. And even so, they are not frequently heard of.

Cheer

Cheer

Why did u have to file another I-751, since you were still married when your 2 years were up, would it not make you eligible for the 10 yr GC ? I havent read anywhere that you have to be married untill you get the 10 yr GC, only till the 2nd year of your date you got your I-485 approved.

Correct me if im wrong

Hi bsp,
No dear. I got divorce before they approved my I-751 that I filed jointly. Since I am not longer married, that file is not really valid anymore...so I have to refile a brand new one with the divorce waiver.

Okay...reading law can be treaky sometimes. There is an old memo explaining those situations and I already went to a lawyer that clarify all that. There are plenty of information in visa journey and british expats about divorce waiver and people who have gone through that. If you are "married" you file jointly, if you are "divorce" then you file alone. If you filed jointly and during that time you got divorce...then you have to file a new one because you are not longer married.

cheer
I think the memo is bullshit b/c had you been under CSC you would have got your GC. Since you already filed ur new I-751 im quite sure u'll be fine its just a long wait. I have only heard people getting RFE or denial if they are already divorced when they file for the removal. I know someone who got divorced during his wait and still got his card without the new I-751. I guess you are playing it safe then face any issues later.
Thanks for the info on the I-751 I din't know INS had a memo explaining this.
Is there a link on the site ? I could not find it.