I-751 questions

victorb

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys

I am getting ready to fill out the I-751 applications and had a few questions, answers are much appreciated.

First I was wondering for question #9 on the form where it asks if you have resided at any other address since becoming resident, if we moved and got our own place a few months after getting my original green card, and now I have to file under a new address is that what that questions refers too? And I have to explain on a separate piece of paper that we moved and got our own place??

Also I was curious if my evidence paperwork would be enough, so they wont have to call us to an interview...What we have is:
Bank account statements
Car title
Car insurance
Lease agreement
Water bill, electric bill
Tax returns for 2011
Vacation photos
All of them in both of our names of course, and to me it seems enough I guess, because when I went to my first interview all I had was two affidavits and a month old bank account statement...Anyway what do you guys think??

And also if things go bad and get a divorce and file as single, does that make things a lot harder?? We have already been married two years and 9 months, but things are a little shaky so just curious on that as well...Also in order to file as single and divorced, does the divorce have to be final or just if you filed for it...cause I know those things take months to finalize...

Answers are much appreciated, just wanna make sure I know all things before I apply
Thanks a lot

Question 9 ask if you have lived at any other address since you became a resident. So if you moved since you received your Green Card you would check yes and include an additional sheet with the address of the old place and the dates you lived there. Make sure you write your name and A# in the upper right corner of the paper. Also make sure it is known that the paper is to answer question 9. Plus, as long as you a permanent resident, you are required to notify USCIS within 10 days of moving with AR-11.

I am not 100% positive, but I believe if you file the I-751 under the waiver due to divorce, the divorce has to be finalized by the courts.

do I also have enough evidence when I send the package?? I mean I know its hard to tell what the uscis is going to think, but maybe from experience does anyone know?? I can't think of anything else to send except for life insurance but I don't have that so wouldn't really matter...thanks

Your list of documents looks fine. When I sent my I-751, I sent 21 pieces of such evidence. One for each calendar month from the time of AOS approval to I-751 filing.

do I also have enough evidence when I send the package?? I mean I know its hard to tell what the uscis is going to think, but maybe from experience does anyone know?? I can't think of anything else to send except for life insurance but I don't have that so wouldn't really matter...thanks