I-751 October Filers

From what I've read, it is commonly done, but also depends on the individual Field Office. I got the idea it was possible when I read on some of the other forums. But it seems some offices don't allow it.

If you google "biometrics walk in" combined with your ASC's name you can probably find a post on a forum somewhere that tells you whether or not your office allows it. (This is how i made sure my office allows walkins before going over there)

My timeline -
[Filed from Detroit, MI]

10/7/10 - Package sent
10/8/10 - Package recvd
10/13/10 - Check Cashed
11/2/10 - Biometrics Appt Letter recvd for 11/24 [Didn't receive NOA1- 1 yr extension yet]
11/24/10 - FP completed
11/27/10 - CR189 Notice recvd -- telling us to make appt for fingerprinting [ I am guessing that we will have to call Customer Service and clear the matter up]
Also case shows up online essentially telling us to follow CR189 instructions..----Doesn't say anything about 1 yr extension on it though.

Update --
FBI was not able to process FP due to them not being clear enough so we got another date for biometrics now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update!
11/1/ 2010/ sent to VO
11/2/2010 Received
11/12/10 1 year Extension received
12/06/10 Biometric Recd

Status update received today: Card Production Ordered! Good luck to all. Shouldn't be long now before some of you get the same update.

hello guys,
we sent our papers oct 17th.biometrics done nov 22nd.received a letter dated nov 19th two days after i've done the biometrics that i have to call the national center to make appointment for biometrics and my case will be put on hold!!!i called them up and informed to disregard the mail that biometrics are received.but the case status online and automated phone system still tells me that they've sent a letter on nov 19th inquiring additional evidence or information and until they receive that the case will be put on hold. i am lost really. anybody in the same situation like me?

where does it say to have 2 affidavits ?
I sent in 2 notarized letters, (although it doesn't say anywhere that they have to be notarized). One is from my mother-in-law (who also owns the property we live on), and another from another common friend of ours. It does say to include sworn affidavits from at least two people, in addition to the other documents.

mine is so similar.i recieved the same letter after fp and the service center told me everything is ok and they mailed a letter confirming that fp was ok..ststus online still shows my case is put on hold until they receive additional evidence.how about yours?online status is current?thank you

How come you received appointment notice on the 12/29 and do the biometrics a day after on the 12/30? That's quick!

My timeline -
[Filed from Detroit, MI]

10/7/10 - Package sent
10/8/10 - Package recvd
10/13/10 - Check Cashed
11/2/10 - Biometrics Appt Letter recvd for 11/24
11/24/10 - FP completed
11/27/10 - CR189 Notice recvd
12/28/10 - FP second time [1st time FP were not clear enough]
1/31/10 - Decision Letter Rcvd - Card Production Ordered!!!! :)

GC has wrong "resident since" date on it. Do we need to get it renewed immediately or can we wait?

GC has wrong "resident since" date on it. Do we need to get it renewed immediately or can we wait?

The resident since date should of been the date that your original I-485 application was deceided on. However, it is not that date then it would be best to get the card corrected at once. File an I-90 with the reason being D. My existing card has incorrect data due to USCIS error. There should be no charge, but follow the instructions to the form.