I-751 March 2008 filers, anyone approved?

Congratulation Gabyflaks! Wow your dates are similar to mine and I haven't receive anything. It looks everyone who wrote in this thread has been approved. Am I wrong?

Hi

Congragulations on your approval Gabyflaks, do not get me wrong but, VSC received my letter on the 17th of March 2008, I wonder why they do not go in order. I have not heard anything yet. I mean I am looking at these forums to different peoples forums, and understand one thing that they are not doing a good job with their customers (us) at all, because look at MEMS70's case he has received the approval e-mail but he has not gotten the card yet, some of us receive Request for evidence letters and never hear back, or some of us go back to our countries with that stamp on our passports that the USCIS assures that it is good as a greencard, and they give them hard time at the airport such as asking them why does it take this long? (it is like we are responsible for all this, or we know about why is it taking too long). It feels like they put us into this sort of impossible situation, and it will never end, I will call them 17th of March when it is exactly a year and ask them what is going on if I do not receive my card or approval by then. If they tell me it is still pending, you have to wait, or act like this is my fault I am going to tell them I am going to take you to the court, see what happens. Where I live is a small town called Gadsden, AL, and even if you walk on the streets here you would run into someone racist in here, and I have been threatened to be killed by somemany local people here, just because they do not like my color, race, or religion, etc. I have so many police reports that prove that and guess what most of the time they end up knowing the police officers and gets away with what they do and what they say. This is becoming outrageaus everyday, and I want the USCIS to know that they would have deported me if I was to do, or say what they did, or say. But their own citizens are protected under this system while we are suffering in this caos they are causing us here in this country, after charging us all these fees, and taking this length of time, almost over a year. Do you think I should send them the police reports if they ask me for Request oif evidence just in case?

Hold the Faith.

Congragulations on your approval Gabyflaks, do not get me wrong but, VSC received my letter on the 17th of March 2008, I wonder why they do not go in order. I have not heard anything yet. I mean I am looking at these forums to different peoples forums, and understand one thing that they are not doing a good job with their customers (us) at all, because look at MEMS70's case he has received the approval e-mail but he has not gotten the card yet, some of us receive Request for evidence letters and never hear back, or some of us go back to our countries with that stamp on our passports that the USCIS assures that it is good as a greencard, and they give them hard time at the airport such as asking them why does it take this long? (it is like we are responsible for all this, or we know about why is it taking too long). It feels like they put us into this sort of impossible situation, and it will never end, I will call them 17th of March when it is exactly a year and ask them what is going on if I do not receive my card or approval by then. If they tell me it is still pending, you have to wait, or act like this is my fault I am going to tell them I am going to take you to the court, see what happens. Where I live is a small town called Gadsden, AL, and even if you walk on the streets here you would run into someone racist in here, and I have been threatened to be killed by somemany local people here, just because they do not like my color, race, or religion, etc. I have so many police reports that prove that and guess what most of the time they end up knowing the police officers and gets away with what they do and what they say. This is becoming outrageaus everyday, and I want the USCIS to know that they would have deported me if I was to do, or say what they did, or say. But their own citizens are protected under this system while we are suffering in this caos they are causing us here in this country, after charging us all these fees, and taking this length of time, almost over a year. Do you think I should send them the police reports if they ask me for Request oif evidence just in case?

No matter how old the earth is and how many people exist.THERE WILL ALWAYS BE RACIST IDIOTS.Hold your head high ignore these said morons who call you names based on being an immigrant non American.There are greater reasons to dislike people than for color race or religion.You have rights we all do.NOBODY SHOULD BE TREATING YOU LIKE YOU ARE LESS HUMAN!!!!.Your end should be near,March is coming and then you can take action by contacting an ombudsman or your local senator for an enquiry.I have no doubt in my mind the people in Vermont hope that we abandon our petitions,get divorced or die so they can steal our money and give us nothing.Anything that deals with the Government is unfair and slow.Just think people in California are being approved in 2-3 months.I may not be a mathematician but im on 7 and you are on 11 lets see whats wrong with this picture.The system does not work it simply does not.We are at the hands of USCIS and we cant do anything about it.I feel that if i see or pay atention to people who filed in December in California getting approved i will be fueling my car getting a sleeping bag simply so i can go to Vermont and say YOU ALL SUCK!!! LOL.I wish i could.You need to call Vermont and harass the life out of the representatives who lie at will so they can say they are doing their jobs.Other than that you have to wait.

Hey Alit, I think you soon will receive a good new, at least they are working on March cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Alit...I understand how upsetting this can be. This has been a long jouney for me too..but iam sure ur approval is around the corner. I think that they assign different cases to different immigration officers in equal amounts but some IO are probably faster and more efficient than others. I guess I was just lucky to have my case end up in the hands of the more efficient IO. Your approval is next and it will come when u least expect it.

Hi Fedup2k6.

Woo... You make me feel the same way. VSC just asked me more evidences and my case was sent to VSC 2/2008 .....We have no choice and wait. It is nightmare . I could not sleep well and pray....

My GC will expire 3/2009 (1 year extention ).. I have only few days to wait.. What will i do? i will call them in the end of FEb and ask for my case

ALIT if i were you, i should not waint until march 17, i should call them right now and put your case on investigation, in that way you can acelerate your case and an officer can see your case asap, you should tell them than your case is delay since March cases are already approved. I can not tell you, it will solve the problem but is a way to push them to take a look in your case. Good Luck

hI

Thanks everyone for all your supports.I am also having problems with my wife now a days, and I do not know where it is going, we just fought this morning over something that is totally stupid, and she started it. I am just tired and siick of all this. I will wait in order to get the GC, but what if she divorces me u know. By the way I have a question for emdau, they might ask me to submit more papers too like they did to you, and if I need to submit them, I am just wondering how long it would take to be approved, and I know you do not know it yet too because you haven't gotten your approval yet. I am just asking if you could you briefly give me what date of january 2009 they ask you to submit the letters, and what date of February 2008 you applied to remove the conditions, I think it takes about 23-30 days after you submit additional documents but I want to know. By the way everybody do you think it would be a problem if she tries to divorce me now or next month?
Waiting for your comments please, this is just more and more pain everyday, I swear I want to sue them so bad but I guess they have not given us many options in here but to wait.
Thanks, and good luck.

getting divorce takes time, it is not from night to day. You should hear news about your case very soon.

Hi Alit.

Be calm....And i know that it is not easy for man anyway.

Just give you all detail of my case.

Sent I 751 : end of FEB/2008.
Received biometrics: 3/24/2008.
LUD : end of 1/2009 for more evidences.
Submitted : 2/9/2009 .

I do not know when it will approve as you know but they will work on my case when at least 14 days after Evidences received. It will take 60 days for them to process. Beleive or not ........I have to wait for 1 year to receive a letter and they give me only 1 month to submitt all evidences without extentiion

Thank you everybody,
emdau, I never received an extention letter or anything from the USCIS, all I had to do was that go to the local office which is outside of our state, and get a stamp on my passport, it is expiring april 12th. Have you sent them everything the first time or were you expecting to get RFE letter because of something you have forgotten to send the first time you filed? My problem is that I have sent them everything but the tax papers the first time I filed I-751, even though after my biometrics I have submitted our tax papers along with my receipt number, and a letter explaining that I forgot to send them our tax papers but I only sent the past years', but I am not sure if they would be able to connect it with my file without a RFE letter number. Do you think I should expect an RFE letter or they might just approve me with no RFE? By the way I want to go to my country on the 13th of April and the stamp on my passport will expire on the 12th of April, do you all think that I should be able to make an appointment and go in the local office and get one before it expires, I heard they kinda give people a hard time with it if you want it stamped before the previous stamp expires. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone waiting.
By the way emdau, did you get the RFO in mail, or did you get an e-mail?

Hi Alimar

Alimar,
The thing that worries me about it is that what if they call us for an interview and she does not come you know. That is what causes me the stree, i know there is not much chance of being called for an interview, but you never know, I think the user named Gabby just received an interview letter that is the first one I have seen on this forum in a long time that got an interview letter on i-751. What would your suggestion be on that her not coming to an interview in such a case. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone that is waiting, god this is a long long journey, especially after you get your first welcome notice lol. Bye

Ohhhh i got it Alit.... yeahhhh you are in a difficult situation. Hopefully you are not scheduled for an interview otherwise i guess they are going to tell you to file i-751 with waiver and make your waiting longer and longer.... good luck !!!!

Here are my dates

filed I-751 03/17/08
NOA 04/03/08
Biometrics 04/18/08
Still waiting ????????

I just wanted to say I have also been registered with the USCIS website and expecting an approval e-mail. It is just too difficult to expect an approval e-mail in my inbox after waiting for exactly for 11 months. They told me on the phone that it would take 12 months then call us if you do not get nothing It is alright alimar I will see what happens if they call me for an interview.
Thank you, good luck to everyone that has been waiting.

Hi .

The first time i filled I 751, i did not know all evidences i have to submit. I do not remember but they were not enough. I got RFE, I sent them with all evidences , i could see from all people post here.I do not receive any email RFO , when i check email , i saw my case is pending in the office , 2 days later i got RFE.

But remember, they asked us when we submit all evidences , we have to send RFE together, if you did not do it, they may not able to filled in your case.

Now i advice you not to go out the US until you get it done. Unless you have all support documents and with your spouse.

Card production ordered

I-751 RECEIVED VERMONT 03-24-08
FINGERPRINT 04-17-08
LUD I-751 04-18-08
CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 02-17-09

I admit this has been a long wait and very frustrating. Thank God
Now onto citizenship next month.
Good luck to everyone

Congratulation OJ28. Was your case transfered from Texas to Vermont or Did you filed directly to VSC?

I-751 Receipt Date (TSC).... NOA1.... 3/21/2008
I-751 Transfer to VSC......................3/31/2008
ASC Appointment Notice......NOA2..... 4/03/2008
Biometrics Completed.......................4/18/2008
LUD............................................. 4/18/2008

Still waiting!

I-751

Hi everyone.

I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I had a couple of questions and some information to share.
I read all the posts in this thread. It seems it normally takes a year for the I-751 to be approved. My receipt date is 29 Dec, 2008 and the GC expires 22 March, 2009. They mailed me a letter of extension for the GC for one year. I sent my documentation to the Texas Processing Center, but the response came from Vermont with the "CRI89" at the bottom. I am guessing this is the start of the process and will take a year.
Also, my question to all you folks is, can I travel abroad with that letter of extension or do I need anything else? Can I file for N-400 (application for naturalization) when my three years are up? or do I wait till they make a decision on my I-751?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jzee

Hi everyone.

I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I had a couple of questions and some information to share.
I read all the posts in this thread. It seems it normally takes a year for the I-751 to be approved. My receipt date is 29 Dec, 2008 and the GC expires 22 March, 2009. They mailed me a letter of extension for the GC for one year. I sent my documentation to the Texas Processing Center, but the response came from Vermont with the "CRI89" at the bottom. I am guessing this is the start of the process and will take a year.
Also, my question to all you folks is, can I travel abroad with that letter of extension or do I need anything else? Can I file for N-400 (application for naturalization) when my three years are up? or do I wait till they make a decision on my I-751?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jzee

You can freely travel with expired green card and extension letter and you can apply for naturalization when your time is up even if I-751 is still pending. Instead of your 10-yr green card just attach photocopy of your expired 2-yr green card and copy of extension letter.