i-751 filers August/September 2011

Update! I got my biometrics appointment letter today! It's scheduled on November 8 but I will try to do a walk-in. Sag408, I hope you get yours
soon too. RSA, how did your biometrics go?

Third biometrics notice

After an hour on the phone with USCIS, this is what I've learned about my case:

1. No one knows why I didn't receive a biometrics notice in August after my case was received, and before I changed my address.

2. The service representative I spoke with in September changed my address, but incorrectly. The notice was sent to a hybrid of my old and new addresses.

3. My second biometrics appointment was YESTERDAY. :(

I should receive another biometrics notice by Monday. As soon as I have that letter in my hands I'm driving the two hours to the service center to attempt a walk-in appointment. I don't want my case to sit dormant for another month!

Got the FP done today as scheduled. Was a smooth process was out in les than 20 minutes. My actual appointment was at 10AM but went in as 8 and was accodomated. now the wait game for actual physical GC begins.

biometrics complete!

At last!!! My biometrics notice arrived yesterday and I drove straight to the ASC. It was empty and they processed me as a walk-in. I was out the door within 5 minutes. What a relief!

Hello,

I am not sure if this is correct place to ask this but we are planning to travel to Mexico in Feb 2012 end (hope my GC arrives by that time) and since my i-751 is pending with USCIS and I have the one year letter on hand can I travel? Will I have any difficulty coming back? Also do I need any kind of Visa to travel to Mexico?

I hope so -- I'll have an answer for you in two weeks if no one else does. I'll be traveling to Canada for Christmas and doing the border crossing by land. I plan to bring all the letters related to my petition from USCIS and hope for the best.

Not sure about needing a visa to visit Mexico. I don't think so. I did a land crossing as a Canadian citizen in 2006 and nothing was required other than my passport. However, border crossings are more complicated now than they were in 2006.

Has anyone who filed I-751 in August got their GC yet?

Hi everyone,

I filed my I-751 paperwork on August 3rd and received the one year extension a week later. Did my biometrics on September 2nd and i keep checking my status - still in initial review... I am a bit freaked out because they lost my initial GC in the mail and I had to pay additional money to get a new one - talk about fair....

Anyone with good news to share?

thank you!

Was anyone interviewed for the Removal of Conditions? Interviews could get pretty nerve-wracking, what are the chances that one gets interviewed? :/

Hi everyone,

I filed my I-751 paperwork on August 3rd and received the one year extension a week later. Did my biometrics on September 2nd and i keep checking my status - still in initial review... I am a bit freaked out because they lost my initial GC in the mail and I had to pay additional money to get a new one - talk about fair....

Anyone with good news to share?

thank you!

As read in some other post I guess you are due to get your GC in Apr and I am expecting it in Apr-May. there is no pint of setting even Infopass since they will sned you back for 6 month period. So wait-n-watch

Was anyone interviewed for the Removal of Conditions? Interviews could get pretty nerve-wracking, what are the chances that one gets interviewed? :/

If the Service Center has questions regarding the application and are unable to approve it based on the evidence provided on paper, they could request to have it sent to the district office and have the parties interviewed.

We just sent in our I-751 and received the receipt from the Vermont Service Center two days ago, so I can't tell you that we have been interviewed.

No news yet

No updates, unfortunately.

My case is not online either.
I did the FP as scheduled.

Waiting time is around 6 months so we should be getting updates next month, I hope :(

approval

In case anyone is interested, we got our I-751 approval in the mail yesterday. It was just mailed and has a decision date of 1/31/2011. I've been checking the status online with our ASC appointment receipt to no avail; it still says it was received on June 27, 2011 and is under initial review.

In case anyone is interested, we got our I-751 approval in the mail yesterday. It was just mailed and has a decision date of 1/31/2011. I've been checking the status online with our ASC appointment receipt to no avail; it still says it was received on June 27, 2011 and is under initial review.

Congrats......

Canyou shar your timeline

Received on June 27th?
I only sent mine at the end of August so I guess I still have 2 months to wait. :D
My case is still not online, but looks like that is useless anyway :p

Received on June 27th?
I only sent mine at the end of August so I guess I still have 2 months to wait. :D

I sent in mine after you and mine is showing up online under initial review so I agree with you, online tracking seems useless:p

Received on June 27th?

I believe you have a different receipt number for the biometrics appointment versus the initial receipt/GC extension. That's the one that showed up online for us. But again it never updated when it was approved. We should receive the new card in the next few weeks.

Update: Actually I just checked again and it says they mailed the card yesterday, derp. But we got the approval in the mail and it still said "initial review" online at the time and for days afterward.

such long time to approve I-751?

I see time to remove the conditions is taking over 4-5 months.

This is even longer than getting AOS interview.

Is this normal? Why they take such long time to approve I-751?

Anybody with any updates on i751 filing during this time??????