i-751 filers August/September 2011

BornintheRSA

Registered Users (C)
Sent my application in on August 25th.
Check was cashed yesterday.

I am going out of the country for the first 2 weeks in October.
I'm worried that my biometrics appointment will be at that time.
Will have to chance a walk-in.
I tried that with my initial application 2 years ago and they refused. (Dallas office)

One issue I have is that I have just gotten my new passport with married name from my embassy. (Yes, it took THAT long)
So now, my green card is in my maiden name and passport in married name.
Should I have my old passport and marriage certificate with me when I get back to the USA?
Any other suggestions?

Sent I-751 on August 31. USCIS Vermont received it on Sep 1.

Yes I think you should bring your old passport and marriage certificate.

keep us updated BornintheRSA...because I think i wanna try to do that when i apply for i-751 in a couple of years...i don't wanna wait five years to change my last name :(

another August filer

Hi August/September folks. USCIS received my I-751 on August 18th and cashed the cheque on August 22nd. I received the receipt on August 23rd. No sign of the biometrics notice yet.

I moved in December and filed the AR-11 through the mail, but USCIS didn't receive it, I guess. Luckily the notice to file I-751 was forwarded to our current address. To confuse matters further, we bought a new house on Friday and will have to file another AR-11! Not the best timing.

Good luck to all!

Thanks! Two address changes - I re-filed my AR-11 a few weeks before submitting my I-751 - in two months concerns me, but I'm trying not to worry about not receiving my biometrics notice yet. It's been about 3 weeks since I received the extension letter/receipt.

I am going out of the country for the first 2 weeks in October.
I'm worried that my biometrics appointment will be at that time.
Will have to chance a walk-in.
I tried that with my initial application 2 years ago and they refused. (Dallas office)

I tried to walk-in for my biometrics in Fort Worth two years ago. They turned me down. Lesson learned! (I drove 3 hours to attempt it). My new DO is only 2 hours away, thankfully

I am filing my i751 this week. I was going through the instructions and din't see anything about photo, so how are they going to send us back the new GC without new photos? Just curious......:confused:

I am filing my i751 this week. I was going through the instructions and din't see anything about photo, so how are they going to send us back the new GC without new photos? Just curious......:confused:

Photo will be taken during the biometrics appointment as well as fingerprints and signature

One more question before I send in my application, do I need to include the copies of our W2 or just State and Fed Tax returns copies should be fine? And do we need to include marraige certificate copy in the application eventhough it not mentitoned in the instructions. My wife changed her name last year so have already included the court order copy as an additional document.

One more question before I send in my application, do I need to include the copies of our W2 or just State and Fed Tax returns copies should be fine? And do we need to include marraige certificate copy in the application eventhough it not mentitoned in the instructions. My wife changed her name last year so have already included the court order copy as an additional document.

Any answers to these questions......

I would include w2s. i didnt include it during my initial application and got an rfe. Its better to send everything than risk getting an rfe to delay it further...

NoTax Returns

I have my biometrics appointment on Wednesday.

Reading the previous posts, I just realized that I forgot to send my tax returns with my application.
No RFEs yet. Sure it would have come by now if they really wanted my tax returns. Just hope it doesn't cause a problem.

Congrats on your upcoming biometrics appointment, BornintheRSA! When did your letter arrive? I'm anxiously awaiting my biometrics appointment letter. So far it hasn't arrived.

I included our W2s with the I-751 but not our marriage certificate. My understanding of the instructions were that USCIS wanted documentation of our lives since our green cards were issued rather than what they already have on file.

stuck waiting

Congrats sanket_82!

Any problems with the biometrics, RSA?

I'm stuck. I haven't yet received my biometrics notice. I called and a service request was created on September 26th. "Someone will get back to you within 30 days," was the response.

I got my FP notice yesterday in mail. The FP appointment is on Oct 27. Amazed ans shocked to see the processing speed.:):)

Congrats sanket_82!

Any problems with the biometrics, RSA?

I'm stuck. I haven't yet received my biometrics notice. I called and a service request was created on September 26th. "Someone will get back to you within 30 days," was the response.