I-751 December filers

Oh good to know that they FINALLY got it that you were an IR6! and they are going to refund your money! WOW! time to time some logic prevails :)

Well at least let us know when you get your 10yr GC!

please update after your INFO appointement

Sure. Well actually I bet they wouldn't have any extra info of my case... just give it a try.

Nothing princess? That is so weird...people around you got already approved...at least you are in CSC...so keep finger crossed! I am sure your file got on a slow officer or something like that.

None... ZERO.

I'm wondering if I-751 needs name check clearance? Would I be stuck in name check... AGAIN? Shoot this is becoming stressful.

Guys... I did a stupid experiment. I went to USCIS case status online and tracked other cases by entering different case numbers which have the same first 9 digits as mine. I found out all these cases were indicated as being received on the same date (so you have a general idea of how many cases these centers receive on one day). Among these cases, NONE OF THE I-751 CASES HAS BEEN APPROVED YET! PERIOD!

Now I'm thinking would there be a chance that only one person handles all the I-751 cases which were received on the same day? Are we all out of luck if this officer goes onto a long vacation? Imagine this might happen in government work - cases got piled up on one's desk and other officers would not care to clear the backlog because those work were not assigned to them.

And I'm getting really worried this time since USCIS starts accepting H-1 application on April 1st and I strongly believe this would further delay our cases... crap why would they do this to me!?

PrincessKate,

I remember that you and I were on a similar time line when we filed our I-485's and we were interviewed in Santa Ana. I also remember that LA is processing applications faster than Santa Ana.

Yesterday I received the approval letter from the LA office. It could be that California cases are be adjudicated by the local office. If that were the case, that would explain the delay as Santa Ana has been consistently slower than LA.

Just a thought.

Hope you have good news soon!

It looks like a regualr NOA, but it's computer signed by the head of the LA office. The signature block has her name, title, and address at the LA office. I can't tell you specifics at the moment b/c I'm at work and it's at home. I'll look at it again when I get home.

Incidentally, I forgot to point out that I moved from OC to LA.

Went to Infopass today

So I went to Infopass today...

The officer gave me the most ridiculous answer I've ever heard:
"You should file your I-751 within 3 months before your 2nd anniversary of your marriage date. Since you filed late, you have to send a letter FOR WAIVER to the address at the bottom of your first NOA, explaining why you filed late."​

I was stunned. Then she asked what visa I used to enter the U.S. (does it matter to the case?) and whether I have an unexpired passport so that she could give me a stamp (which is a good thing though). In the meantime while she was stamping my passport, I asked her if she could give me the filing instructions of I-751.

She handed it over to me and I looked at the instructions very carefully. On the 1st page of the instructions, under "When Should I File the Form I-751?", number 1, it clearly says:
1. Filing jointly. If you are filing this petition jointly with your spouse, you must file it during the 90 days immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional resident status. This is the date your conditional residence expires.​

Well I think this is clear enough!

I asked the officer: "Sorry I'm a little bit confused, if you look at number 1 here, it says 90 days before the 2nd anniversary of your conditional residence expiry date which was March X, 2008. So I filed in December 2007... should be in a right filing period right?"

She replied, "NO - your case is based on marriage so it is the 2nd anniversary of your WEDDING DATE 'coz the computer shows they put a note on your case, and it says PENDING RECEIPT OF FILING PETITION OR WAIVER. Now what you need to do is, send a letter to this address, on the letter you put I FILED LATE BECAUSE... explain why you filed late so that you can get a waiver."

OK I think it's pointless to argue with her. So I just say thanks after getting my passport stamped. And I got her name too.

Now I'm puzzled 'coz I don't know if that note is a STANDARD note to all pending I-751 cases, or if the officer put a wrong note on my case by mistake (which is what I worried most).

I'm planning to send a letter to CSC and let them know I got such information from the infopass officer and I'd like to know if it is a mistake because I didn't file late. I'm gonna attach copies of my GC, NOAs, and the I-751 instructions.

This is a nightmare. :mad:

Princesskate

she said "within 3 months before your 2nd anniversary of your marriage date.":(. I have never heard this before!

There is definately something that is not right on your file and I pray you are able to find someone that can help you rectify it.

Even in my sleep, I can boldly say it's 90 days before the second anniversary of the date your conditional residence expires.

Good luck

Princesskate,

Sending letters to USCIS is like sending them into a black hole. I've been to the Santa Ana office before and I've had more productive conversations with my cat.

Before you send a letter, I would suggest going back with all of your documentation and asking to speak to the supervisor.

It could be that there is a note in your file, but I wouldn't trust an officer who thinks that you need to apply to remove conditions on your 2nd wedding anniversary.

Section 216.4 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (codified as 8 CFR § 216.4) reads in relevant part:

(a) Filing the petition—(1) General procedures. Within the 90-day period immediately preceding the second anniversary of the date on which the alien obtained permanent residence....................

She is the most ignorant officer I ever heard...is petty that she is in that position and post. I would try to go to another INFOPASS in another office...California has different ones? I would demand to speak with a supervisor...does not make sense what she is saying because the fact is WRONG.

So in that officer minds you will have to file your removal of conditions ONE YEAR prior to your card expiration date...???

I will demand a supervisor and print out the law from uscis website...get your congressman involve at least to let them know what kind of even officers that should know the BASICS in this job!

Thanks for all of your replies. I think I'm gonna listen to you guys...

I scheduled for another infopass for Los Angeles Field office, and if they can't retrieve my info over there, I'm gonna schedule another infopass for Santa Ana office. I'd prefer not going back to Santa Ana office again 'coz I don't wanna be called by the same officer and given the same incorrect advice. That was just a waste of time.
:(

why are you guys so impatient? I have been waiting for 7 months now and nothing. Just relax, and take a deep breath you all. There is nothing you can do but wait.

It all depends on your service center.

It's normal to wait for 7 months if you filed to VSC. However, if it's CSC, that's totally another issue.

According to USCIS website, CSC is now processing cases received in SEP 07. You filed in DEC 07. No need to stress yourself out.

I don't think princesskate is being impatient. One, she filed a month before me to the same service center and I received my approval notice already. Two, it appears that someone may have made a mistake when processing her application.

Also, the processing dates for CSC have always been off.

I-130 Lud

Completed Biometrics and the online status last updated date changed to 03/23/2008. However, the online message text did not change from what was their before the last updated date (Quote below). No mention about completing Biometrics etc.

Did you guys had the same message displayed or something else

As always, your insights are very much appreciated

"Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On February 15, 2008, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

I noticed many people got their LUD for I-130 after their Biometric done. But ours were updated long after I-130 got approved (03/2006 in my case), & before we filed I-751. I really don't understand if it means something?

Below is my status from the uscis website---
Current Status: Case received and pending.

On February 6, 2008, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Let's keep posting the updates. Thanks

Princess..I am sorry about the whole mess. But I think the others are right. Go talk to a supervisor and ask him/her about the "note" on your case.

And I never got an approval letter. All I got was the email informing me that my petition is approved and anothr email saying they mailed my GC. After that I just got my new GC..no letter with it.

She is not being impatient...and nobody follows those dates because we see people with her similar dates and being approved. So she has all the right to be concern about what can be happening to her case. And in any case...every person has the right to be impatient or whatever, we don't know what's happening in every person life either or situation.

princess thanks for ur update

iam fron SFO
it seems that we are in some lethargic officer desk
well as you have told or done
i also checked changing last
WAC xxxxxxxxxx number
and to my surprise i found all the numbers recieved on same date and also i did 20 front and 20 back
its on same date
i really don't know what exactly they choose
for the time being i willgive another 2 weeks and keep my fingers crossed then i will schedule for info appointment
-NOTE: i really donot know whether this thing is in anyway realted if whther we have filed our 2007 taxes or not
meers and AOS,NDC i guess they must have already filed the taxes for 2007
i filed just now on first week of april and
taxes closeon april 17 th
so iam just optimistic that the officer will review the files again
just i guess they want our taxes to be done

or else

as you said
may be they are weird they do their work on thier pace
or
it depends upon
how long we stayed

F1,H1, B1/b2
i guess depedning on how we got married from previous state
or
somebody who is too long and paiid taxes for n number of years
frankly speaking
iam totally disappointed
so what i came to conclusion
just to keep myself busy on day to day work
just wait for another 2 weeks

bye

I didn't file the taxes till last week. So I doubt it has anything to do with taxes. I have no idea why some cases are delayed and others are not. I am hoping, princess, you'll find out more when you go to the Infopass. Good luck!